SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 16, 2012, 02:26 PM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rampa202 View Post
Thanks so much Rob. I'll try the newest firmware. I assume you are also using some sort of USB to serial converter.

Russ
I used the USB to serial to load the FW, but when I was running the PC GCS, I was connected to the Auto Pilot via the router.
robone is offline Find More Posts by robone
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 16, 2012, 06:05 PM
United States, MD, Annapolis
Joined Jun 2011
504 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robone View Post
I used the USB to serial to load the FW, but when I was running the PC GCS, I was connected to the Auto Pilot via the router.
Hey Rob, I just figured it out - the problem is the USB to serial adapter, and not just the one I have because I tried two completely different types of adapters, and neither worked. I just connected my laptop via wifi and everything works, the get button retrieves the parameters just fine as it did in your case.

I definitely consider this a software flaw with the GCS. To be honest they really have no business using a traditional serial COM port in the year 2012. I haven't had a serial port on any of my many computers in probably 10 years. Anyway, now that I've identified the problem everything is ok, I just won't use the adapter for anything but firmware upgrades, which do seem to work.

Thanks again Rob,

Russ
rampa202 is offline Find More Posts by rampa202
Old Aug 16, 2012, 11:21 PM
Joined May 2012
124 Posts
The newest YS-X6 firmware version and Iphone/Ipad GCS have released, please download YS-X6 firmware V1.2 and YS-X6 Iphone/Ipad GCS V1.1 on Zero official website or on the first page of this thread and upgrade your YS-X6 online.

What is new?

Firmware
*Surveying & Mapping function.
*The comfort level of handfeel has been improved.

Iphone/Ipad GCS
* Carefree button " Enable course lock" is added
Zero UAV is offline Find More Posts by Zero UAV
Site Sponsor
Last edited by Zero UAV; Aug 17, 2012 at 08:37 PM.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 12:54 AM
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero UAV View Post
The newest YS-X6 firmware version and Iphone/Ipad GCS have released, please download YS-X6 firmware V1.2 and YS-X6 Iphone/Ipad GCS V1.1 on Zero official website and upgrade your YS-X6 online.

What is new?

Firmware
*Surveying & Mapping function.
*The comfort level of handfeel has been improved.

Iphone/Ipad GCS
* Carefree button " Enable course lock" is added
How do you activate the following on the android gcs:

1. Carefree
2. Surveying and mapping function

As I cannot find them.

Thanks.
Rob
Old Aug 17, 2012, 01:07 AM
Joined Aug 2012
599 Posts
Quote:
How do you activate the following on the android gcs:

1. Carefree
2. Surveying and mapping function

As I cannot find them.

Thanks.
Rob
Robone,
You get into the settings section of the GCS, then scroll down to the Enable Course Locked. ZeroTech need to run these labels past some English speaking people as its not always translated well.

Flick into Auto Hover mode on your Tx, and once enabled, the direction of the craft will be proportional to the powerup position and where you are standing ie: no matter what direction the craft is pointed, pushing the elevator away will make it go, and pulling back will return it, aileron left and right will be left and right no matter what direction its pointing also.
Name: Screenshot_2012-08-17-16-00-46.jpg
Views: 87
Size: 61.7 KB
Description:
Salocin is offline Find More Posts by Salocin
Old Aug 17, 2012, 02:04 AM
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salocin View Post
Robone,
You get into the settings section of the GCS, then scroll down to the Enable Course Locked. ZeroTech need to run these labels past some English speaking people as its not always translated well.

Flick into Auto Hover mode on your Tx, and once enabled, the direction of the craft will be proportional to the powerup position and where you are standing ie: no matter what direction the craft is pointed, pushing the elevator away will make it go, and pulling back will return it, aileron left and right will be left and right no matter what direction its pointing also.
I should have figured that one out Not that I ever use Carefree. I have tried to use it numerous times on other systems, but it confuses me, however, it is always good to know it is there in case you lose orientation.

Rob
Old Aug 17, 2012, 02:56 AM
United States, MD, Annapolis
Joined Jun 2011
504 Posts
Quote:
I should have figured that one out Not that I ever use Carefree. I have tried to use it numerous times on other systems, but it confuses me, however, it is always good to know it is there in case you lose orientation.

Rob
What they need now is home lock (I think its called in WKM) where it points away from its start position (rather than holding its course) so that pulling back on the elevator will always bring it closer to you independent of your own orientation.

Russ
rampa202 is offline Find More Posts by rampa202
Old Aug 17, 2012, 03:10 AM
Joined Aug 2012
599 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rampa202 View Post
What they need now is home lock (I think its called in WKM) where it points away from its start position (rather than holding its course) so that pulling back on the elevator will always bring it closer to you independent of your own orientation.

Russ
PTZ does that doesn't it? Just set it n GCS as your standing position.
Salocin is offline Find More Posts by Salocin
Old Aug 17, 2012, 10:42 AM
Multirotoriste
France, IdF, Montesson
Joined Aug 2012
18 Posts
Hello,
Now I have a small problem with my gimbal :
I use two hitec hs65hb on it, i have set the parameters on my autopilot with 50hz in the stearing gear frequency function but it doesn't work at all.
Do I have to use a switch on my transmitter to activate the function ?
How do you make it work on your systems ?
Cordialy
laverre is offline Find More Posts by laverre
Old Aug 17, 2012, 02:10 PM
Vulcan skyhook multirotor
South Africa, GP, Pretoria
Joined Feb 2011
665 Posts
im also part off this family here just got my ys x6 today from Rob so now im the 2de person in the hole of south africa that has ys x6.

one question i have a 1.2ghz video tx will it has any interference on the gps. i will try mound it as fas away as possible from all other electronics.

How many off you use the jailbreak ipad or iphone?
Andre6553 is offline Find More Posts by Andre6553
Old Aug 17, 2012, 03:20 PM
jab
Unregistered User
Joined Aug 2007
1,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by laverre View Post
Hello,
Now I have a small problem with my gimbal :
I use two hitec hs65hb on it, i have set the parameters on my autopilot with 50hz in the stearing gear frequency function but it doesn't work at all.
Do I have to use a switch on my transmitter to activate the function ?
How do you make it work on your systems ?
Cordialy
You have to power the gimbal servos using a dedicated BEC. The PTZ outputs are for servo control signal only.
jab is offline Find More Posts by jab
Old Aug 18, 2012, 02:09 AM
Joined Oct 2011
149 Posts
What the restrictions in altitude ? 100m or more ?
pepere is offline Find More Posts by pepere
Old Aug 18, 2012, 02:55 AM
Multirotoriste
France, IdF, Montesson
Joined Aug 2012
18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
You have to power the gimbal servos using a dedicated BEC. The PTZ outputs are for servo control signal only.
Yes good, i have tested with bec and that's ok
But the servo doesn't want to move, if i move the multirotor it's blocked.
If i make init, the gimbal comes on the middle ( good position) but if i stop init the gimbal goes on the corner.
i don't understand what happens
laverre is offline Find More Posts by laverre
Last edited by laverre; Aug 18, 2012 at 04:38 AM.
Old Aug 18, 2012, 08:51 AM
RCI
Joined Jun 2012
20 Posts
The new function:

*Surveying and mapping function

That is exactly?

The function that allows the change of altitude in the waypoints? and other functions relaccionadas with waypoints? as the waiting time at waypoints ...

cheers
Jose
RCI is offline Find More Posts by RCI
Old Aug 18, 2012, 11:42 AM
jab
Unregistered User
Joined Aug 2007
1,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by laverre View Post
Yes good, i have tested with bec and that's ok
But the servo doesn't want to move, if i move the multirotor it's blocked.
If i make init, the gimbal comes on the middle ( good position) but if i stop init the gimbal goes on the corner.
i don't understand what happens
Stupid question, but have you set any PTZ gains? If they are 0 then the gimbal won't move.
jab is offline Find More Posts by jab