HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 24, 2011, 03:17 AM
eddi
Joined Oct 2010
63 Posts
Help!
CP2 - Cleaning the main sensor

Hi,

After an unfortunate crash due to ailerons hinges pulling off, my plane dived in a spot of mudd... The CP2 main sensor was covered with mudd. I cleaned it as much as possible but I am pretty sure some are still inside it. Since then it sometimes behaves opposite to what it is supposed to do.

Shipping it back for service is not an option since it will cost me 40 USD. I am planning to open it and clean it from the inside. What material should I use for the cleaning process?

Thank you,
eddi74 is offline Find More Posts by eddi74
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 24, 2011, 07:31 PM
President, FMA, Inc.
Joined Mar 2008
1,054 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddi74 View Post
Hi,

After an unfortunate crash due to ailerons hinges pulling off, my plane dived in a spot of mudd... The CP2 main sensor was covered with mudd. I cleaned it as much as possible but I am pretty sure some are still inside it. Since then it sometimes behaves opposite to what it is supposed to do.

Shipping it back for service is not an option since it will cost me 40 USD. I am planning to open it and clean it from the inside. What material should I use for the cleaning process?

Thank you,
Hi:

If the sensor window was covered with mud, and you cleaned it off, then there could be something else damaged in the sensor. The 4 individual sensors are hermetically sealed, so it's not likely any mud could get inside. If you mean there is mud within the main sensor plastic case, it likely would not cause the sensor to malfuntion either because the sensor PCB is conformally coated to prevent moisture from getting into high impedence amplifiers.

You may want to contact Howard in the tech department next week at 301-668-4280, or email him at howard@fmadirect.com If you crashed the system, it might be wise to send all components back and let Howard run some diagnostics.

But you also might want to consider just picking up a new main sensor from the new REVO USA web store. This item can ship in a standard first class mail envelope with a shipping charge of $3.00. I'm assuming you are in the U.S.?

http://www.usastore.revolectrix.com/...-Main-Sensor_2

Tim Marks
Tim Marks is offline Find More Posts by Tim Marks