HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 20, 2013, 08:36 PM
Joined Mar 2013
1 Posts
Discussion
I need help in finding....

I am 48 years old. When I was 7, 8, 9, or somewhere in that time, my parents bought me an airplane the "flew" on fishing wire! One end of the wire was attached to a "control stick" which sat on the floor. The other end [in our case] attached to the ceiling at the other end of our house. The control stick also had a cardboard "runway" that folded out from the stick about 4 or 5 feet. SOMEHOW, the small (maybe a 10 inch or so wingspan) plastic plane would "shoot" up the wire, get to the top, turn itself around, and fly back! I would have to use the "stick" to "fly" the plane around the walls that were in the "flight path" AND then land the plane on this cardboard runway! If I landed too soon, the plane would "crash" into the shag carpet! I recall nothing else. No name, the box it came in...I do remember that it came with little "pads of oil" that looked like the clean up pads you would get after eating ribs! Keeping the fish wire oiled was key to smooth flights! If anyone has any memory of this toy or knows of where I may find it, PLEASE email my as soon as you can! I've been searching every where I go and on line with no luck [as of yet]! So any help would be more than awesome! Thanks. Michael
desertdog69 is offline Find More Posts by desertdog69
to remove ads between posts