SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 10, 2013, 12:08 PM
Joined Dec 2004
217 Posts
Discussion
Emeter v2 rpm sensor compatibilty

Hyperion's Emeter brushless RPM sensor not working with my Eagle Tree V4 logger. Has anyone had success with this combination? The Emeter rpm unit is a phase sensor. It taps into one motor phase line as opposed to 2 lines for a ET sensor. It has a 3-wire servo plug wired off the sensor board. The live mode rpm display dial is not moving while a test motor runs??.
Note: I have configured the setup page for 14 poles and 1:1 gearing to match my test motor.
rivers is offline Find More Posts by rivers
Last edited by rivers; Feb 14, 2013 at 11:07 AM. Reason: Added note
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 10, 2013, 06:15 PM
Joined Dec 2004
217 Posts
Just noticed something odd. I plugged a 7.4 volt battery to the elogger. Measured the voltage at the RPM connector pins. From the black pin (meter common)to the middle pin (red) The voltage reads -5 volts. I was expecting +5 volts. Is a negative voltage normal?
Old Feb 10, 2013, 10:05 PM
Joined Dec 2004
217 Posts
eLogger now working with a Hyperion brushless RPM sensor. The problem was a wiring misunderstanding. The Hyperion sensor must be supplied with power from the Hyperion Emeter unit, which was measured at +3.3 volts. The logger's RPM pins are reversed from normal servo convention, so black is power and red is ground. Power going to the sensor does not go the eLogger, only signal and ground connect. A Y cable is needed to make the hookup between the 3 elements.

The sensor/logger combo works, but the hookup is too cumbersome with so many parts. I would not recommend using a 3rd party RPM sensor. I tried it because I had one on hand, but now I will be purchasing an Eagle Tree RPM brushless sensor.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 03:29 PM
Joined Dec 2004
217 Posts
Delete
Last edited by rivers; Feb 19, 2013 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Post redundant ; Filed a support ticket instead