HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 06, 2013, 06:44 AM
Melbourne, FL
Joined Dec 2004
1,047 Posts
I built a Miss Wind for a customer and used the MKS DS6100 on ailerons and DS9660A+ on the tail surfaces. These work very well.

Danny
F1 Rocket is offline Find More Posts by F1 Rocket
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 06, 2013, 07:14 AM
ltc
AMA 97737
United States, MA, Mendon
Joined Mar 2010
2,753 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpalms View Post
Horizon Hobby for some strange reason use a different naming scheme on JR servos to the rest of the world. They almost certainly are available in US but named different.

I flew 400 plus flights on my old Angel 50 off grass without issue with the spats (pants) on.

Flying a Wind S 50 on the Jeti DC-16. Best radio I've ever tried.
JR is not my first choice for servos simply due to their customer support.
Sebart designs around JR and I recall on the shark and Stev that DS386 were needed in the tail since it was so slim and shallow. JR in the US couldn't find anything that would fit, even after I gave them the specs for their servo.

I just received my DC-16 (and carbon tray, Jeti jarness and Grumania GTrims) from Espritmodels 2 days ago. To say I am impressed with both the radio and the work Espritmodels did to make these available to us in the US would be an understatement.

I joined a new local club who,are supposed to have a very well maintained grass strip, so hopefully the wheels/spats won't be an issue.
ltc is online now Find More Posts by ltc
Old Apr 06, 2013, 07:21 AM
ltc
AMA 97737
United States, MA, Mendon
Joined Mar 2010
2,753 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1 Rocket View Post
I built a Miss Wind for a customer and used the MKS DS6100 on ailerons and DS9660A+ on the tail surfaces. These work very well.

Danny
Thank you. I am unfamiliar with MKS servos. I will have to search for an online dealer and documentation for these.
I've never seen them at my local hobby shop
ltc is online now Find More Posts by ltc
Old Jan 18, 2014, 03:47 AM
STATUS TUNING
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Dec 2010
293 Posts
awesome plane, i noticed you weren't happy with power did you program the esc? mine was pretty soggy until i set the esc (timing etc) up properly.

It is quite possibly the most beautiful flying plane i have ever flown, 100% the best plane ive flown under 80 inch
STATUS is offline Find More Posts by STATUS
Old May 20, 2014, 01:12 AM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2011
115 Posts
I've always like the looks of this plane so I finally built one. I will spare you all the details since there are plenty of build reports like the one prior to my posting. The plane flys great but there was a few issues like others have found. I to had to modify the rear center wing mounting pylon. There was just to much negative incidence in the upper wing. I had to use about 10 clicks of up to trim for level flight. I have taken about 1/8" or so out of that pylon to add a balance between the 2 wings. I'm now down to about 2 clicks of up to trim. I'm not sure I will shave any more off the pylon. When done the wing struts need to be mobbed as will on the upper trailing edge as well.

The plane is a "point and shoot" plane. Mine came in at 3350 grams or 7.4 lbs with a hacker a50-16s and 6s4000 45c battery. I'm using a 16-12e apc prop and on a full church I can pull over 1600 w but typically mid 1550w. With a nice balance cg, the plane will hang on the prop without any issues. Here are a few pics.

The center pylon that I trimmed.

Doug913 is offline Find More Posts by Doug913