HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 14, 2012, 11:08 AM
It was a GLITCH! Honestly!
Stourport on Severn ,Worcestershire, United Kingdom
Joined Dec 2007
4,905 Posts
Hang Angle is just the same as a CG it is just looking at it from another prospective.

If you start talking both it will get confusing, stick to the manuals recommendations and it will fly well for what it is.

A bad workman will always blame his tools!

Now the black flexible plate is an issue for me and I will not be flying mine again with it fitted, it is the wrong material and will not last. It has started to go white where the hinge point lies and is sure to fracture with time.
What should be used is Polypropolene or some thin Fibre Glass sheet, the properties of both of these materials is perfect for flexing and has been used widespread for many years amongst RC Gyronuts models.

Regards

Rich
SafeLandings is offline Find More Posts by SafeLandings
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 14, 2012, 11:09 AM
Mildly Confused
UK
Joined Oct 2008
1,481 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_lm_70 View Post
Would have been nice to get the crash on Video

It is really totally unrepairable ?
No it could be repaired but by the time you factor in postage It's probably just as cheap to order a replacement. I'll use the old one as spare parts. After the mid air, the decent and impact seemed to happen in slow motion. I'm cheesed off about it, but if I was totally honest it looked pretty cool.
Paul 1968 is online now Find More Posts by Paul 1968
Old Nov 14, 2012, 11:18 AM
Fuzzy user
Italy, Lombardy, Griante
Joined Oct 2003
655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ask21! View Post
So it is normal to have gyro hanged 15 nose down and rotor still tited back (with this attitude.)?
you have pm
Lucam is offline Find More Posts by Lucam
Old Nov 14, 2012, 01:14 PM
Be here now!
Rome,Ciampino
Joined Jan 2008
172 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucam View Post
you have pm
You too!
ask21! is offline Find More Posts by ask21!
Old Nov 14, 2012, 10:06 PM
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Feb 2006
1,034 Posts
looks like you all havin a great time with the auto G

i still cant get mine on hk tracking.. hmmm

i should have ordered another cierva.. as mine been through few bad stall days lol

does autogyro has same 2" offset right n down on the motor?
need to rebuild the firewall on the cierva..
trexpilot is offline Find More Posts by trexpilot
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:17 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Jun 2012
2,035 Posts
Thought I'd share Dave's vid since it's relevant here.

Durafly Auto-G Autogyro has an ERROR in the manual. Will it fly? (7 min 8 sec)
rayonnair is offline Find More Posts by rayonnair
Old Nov 15, 2012, 06:47 AM
Do you see what I see?
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Joined Sep 2006
1,776 Posts
Thanks for posting NightFlyer's vid, that first RTO is EXACTLY what happened to us the other day on our maiden!!!!!! What a bummer, now we know!

Hope everybody else catches this before their maiden flight, thanks again Rayonnair, much appreciated!!
rcoconut is offline Find More Posts by rcoconut
Old Nov 15, 2012, 07:19 AM
JOHN 3:16
Central Ohio
Joined Feb 2008
6,606 Posts
I haven't checked H/King's site lately on the Auto-G, wonder if they have posted a LARGE CORRECTION NOTICE?

Shame on them if they haven't, as that's a pretty big screw up in the manual...
Sammy70 is offline Find More Posts by Sammy70
Old Nov 15, 2012, 07:35 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
8,069 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy70 View Post
I haven't checked H/King's site lately on the Auto-G, wonder if they have posted a LARGE CORRECTION NOTICE?

The manual is not wrong ... it just don't say from which position the photo was taken ...

And ... having a basic understanding of physics .. it should be clear in which direction should move the rotor

ps: Still no sign of my Auto-G from my nice post lady ... at least I was able to see the manual online : very funny the CG picture ... totally useless
e_lm_70 is offline Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Old Nov 15, 2012, 07:53 AM
Fuzzy user
Italy, Lombardy, Griante
Joined Oct 2003
655 Posts
I'm lucky, I've never read a manual, never in my life
Old Nov 15, 2012, 07:56 AM
Fuzzy user
Italy, Lombardy, Griante
Joined Oct 2003
655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy70 View Post

IMHO the manual is NOT wrong, it's just clerar you have to look the rotor IN FRONT of you.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 08:02 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
8,069 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucam View Post
IMHO the manual is NOT wrong, it's just clerar you have to look the rotor IN FRONT of you.
Di giuro ?

Tell us, based on what you think the manual assume you need to look the rotor from the front, when the photos above and below are from the opposite prospective

Anyhow ... it is not written anything wrong ... the photo is just plain useless like the CG photo ... showing one extreme on the propeller nose, and the other on the rotor axis ... so ... 100% useless ...

Sometime it is said : 1 picture is more then 1000 words ... but ... these two pictures are equivalent of 1 word : USELESS

Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:52 AM
Cheshire, England
Joined Mar 2001
504 Posts
Well what a fantastic flying day today, not a breath of wind and I've lost count of the number of packs put through the little Auto-G

So, a good mate of mine made me a ply 'Y' piece from the one I broke the other evening and after losing it in the sun on its first flight I soon found a good use for it

Every subsequent flight has been completed without any drama whatsoever - apart from some 'slight' wobbling (can't complain as he was good enough to make one in the first place but I don't think his eyes are quite to the standard of accuracy this part requires). Even a few loops thrown in just to make sure! Couldn't get it to roll through, the most I could get was all the way to inverted and then pull through in a reversal.

Looking forward to the weekend now.
Dangerous Dick is offline Find More Posts by Dangerous Dick
Old Nov 15, 2012, 11:18 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
8,069 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous Dick View Post
Well what a fantastic flying day today, not a breath of wind and I've lost count of the number of packs put through the little Auto-G

So, a good mate of mine made me a ply 'Y' piece from the one I broke the other evening and after losing it in the sun on its first flight I soon found a good use for it

Every subsequent flight has been completed without any drama whatsoever - apart from some 'slight' wobbling (can't complain as he was good enough to make one in the first place but I don't think his eyes are quite to the standard of accuracy this part requires). Even a few loops thrown in just to make sure! Couldn't get it to roll through, the most I could get was all the way to inverted and then pull through in a reversal.

Looking forward to the weekend now.
Interesting ... it is looking like you made the Y plate out of wood ... and I don't expect it to give any flexibility ...

So ... if it fly good, it means that the Y flexibility it is not mandatory

Old Nov 15, 2012, 11:30 AM
Cheshire, England
Joined Mar 2001
504 Posts
Just one last flight - sun already set and the light fading fast, but I hate taking full batteries home with me. PERFECT! so sweet flying close in and sloooooow.

Best thing is it's still in one piece and ready for the weekend (forecast rain!).

Will definately have to look in to putting lights on this one as this time of day is usually the best conditions to fly these lightweights but it's not the best one to see even in sunny conditions!
Dangerous Dick is offline Find More Posts by Dangerous Dick