HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 12, 2012, 10:04 PM
AKA - The "Flywheel"
SOAR Chicago!!!
Joined Jan 2005
1,876 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTF Thumper View Post
R2R thanks for the review of the BOT. Will buy one next week. I am a true novice to silent flight and just maiden my Fling
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEUy4D_NhnI
I am curious to which high start I should buy or make. Can the Fling high start be used?
No, the Fling highstart won't have the ponies needed to get the BoTARF up in the air. You will need something equivalent to a Heavy Duty hi start.

I owned one a few years back, and flew it for a season. I did add spoilers, to mine, and it weighed in at 64 ounces on the nose, a bit portly for a Bird of Time. Had to keep it moving, but it flew ok, and it did what I needed to as far as getting me back into soaring. I mainly flew mine off of a winch, tap tap tap.. I was always a bit freaked out, because I would have to get on the winch a bit in the beginning, and when it would rotate, you could really see the center panel flex, but it held together.

I did find the fuselage to be a bit mush, anytime I had a landing where the airplane spun around a bit, usually resulted in minor repairs.. (CA applied to cracks, and eventually, a wrap of glass behind the wing, for the first 4 inches or so of the tailboom.

I eventually sold it to a friend, when I picked up my first full house 3 meter+ sailplane.

I have since, acquired a couple of the Marks Models BoT kits, so there is once again some Bird of Time goodness in my future!

Steve
StevenatorLTFO is online now Find More Posts by StevenatorLTFO
to remove ads between posts