SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 18, 2012, 02:54 PM
USA, So.Cal.
Joined Jan 2009
416 Posts
The first v939 video is now up on BG. Here's the direct YouTube link:
WLtoys V939 Beetle 2 4G 4CH 4 Axis Quadcopter Dexterous Mini UFO (2 min 12 sec)
MikeSRC is online now Find More Posts by MikeSRC
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 18, 2012, 03:14 PM
Joined Jun 2012
2,808 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSRC View Post
The first v939 video is now up on BG. Here's the direct YouTube link: http://youtu.be/pIrEB7F2b00
I think that video was taken a while ago, as it shows the fairly large drop after a flip that jameschen reported some weeks back. I hope the production one sorted that out.
Brandigan is online now Find More Posts by Brandigan
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 18, 2012, 03:53 PM
USA, So.Cal.
Joined Jan 2009
416 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandigan View Post
I think that video was taken a while ago, as it shows the fairly large drop after a flip that jameschen reported some weeks back. I hope the production one sorted that out.
Me too, but it was just posted two days ago.

Guess we'll have to wait for Aaron to check in on this.
MikeSRC is online now Find More Posts by MikeSRC
Last edited by MikeSRC; Aug 18, 2012 at 04:25 PM.
Old Aug 18, 2012, 09:08 PM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,295 Posts
Guys, as far as I know the 939 that Aaron has is the production model. He recieved it just a few days (less than a week) ago...
jameschen072 is offline Find More Posts by jameschen072
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 18, 2012, 10:08 PM
Field Darter
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Oct 2011
31 Posts
Anyone on news for the Syma X1 quad? The demo video is awesome.

Paya Toys - Syma 2.4G Quadcopter X1 (1 min 15 sec)
bobbyhigh is offline Find More Posts by bobbyhigh
Old Aug 18, 2012, 10:13 PM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,327 Posts
Wow impressive. That's how a flip should look. The only thing I don't like is the look of the canopy. Looks a little cheesy.
jlcamp7 is online now Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Old Aug 18, 2012, 10:33 PM
a.k.a. BiggTony
United States, FL, Fort Walton Beach
Joined Jul 2010
297 Posts
I'm so getting the syma quad. I really hope that's not a tampered clip, cause that quad has some serious speed while flipping towards the end of the video.
dedmonwakin is offline Find More Posts by dedmonwakin
Old Aug 18, 2012, 11:24 PM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,295 Posts
wow it barely drops altitude during flips...that's quite impressive indeed! I agree with jlcamp7's comment on the canopies though..ugh
jameschen072 is offline Find More Posts by jameschen072
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 18, 2012, 11:59 PM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
5,589 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameschen072 View Post
wow it barely drops altitude during flips...that's quite impressive indeed!
I noted that both the big and small quads lost altitudes after they flipped. Pay close attention to the series of flips towards the end of the video:

At the 0:43 mark the bigger quad lost around 1.5 meters of altitude during the indoor flip.

At the 0:55 mark the smaller quad also showed altitude loss. As it was outdoors, I can't estimate the amount of drop. Especially at the 0:58 mark, the quad did a consecutive double flip, which lost a great deal of altitude.

Then again, I'm never a fan of flips so this is a non-issue for me.
FyreSG is offline Find More Posts by FyreSG
Old Aug 19, 2012, 12:18 AM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,327 Posts
I did notice the drop in altitude in the double flip. Some altitude loss is always to be expected. I think the difference is they seemed so fast and precise where as many of the other videos I've seen the flips seem so sloppy.
It looks like a great flyer. Just don't know if I can get past the looks of the canopy, blades etc. just looks all wrong but oh well. Can't get the perfect quad copter that has it all (at least not for the under $50 category).
jlcamp7 is online now Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Old Aug 19, 2012, 12:26 AM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,645 Posts
So, we want flips? Or do we want loops? The mQX guys contend that you fly the mQX into a loop. Not a preprogrammed flip. What is it we really want? I'd love to be able to fly it like a plane, into a loop.

Here's a video of the mQX doing some low level looping/flipping:
Horizon Blade MQX low flips (2 min 10 sec)
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Aug 19, 2012, 03:09 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Oct 2011
847 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daggad View Post
Plug and play..hmmm...where did you get them ?
I make them

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcamp7 View Post
More info please!
Basically you just have to heat shrink the 4 leds onto booms and plug in the power to Y adaptor.
OnceAFly is offline Find More Posts by OnceAFly
Old Aug 19, 2012, 04:57 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
8,069 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameschen072 View Post
wow it barely drops altitude during flips...that's quite impressive indeed! I agree with jlcamp7's comment on the canopies though..ugh
Nothing impressive, nor special

I think all these micro quad-bugs are similar

All use same motors and same propeller

These loops without losing altitude, I can do easy with my SH 6043, just need to give more power just before the loop

Stability and precision on the video is same I have on my SH 6043

Tchuss

E_lm_70
e_lm_70 is offline Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Old Aug 19, 2012, 07:47 AM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Dec 2011
1,878 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_lm_70 View Post
Back to the HK PNP ... it is on a different league ... it has brushless motor, and I'm using a KK2.0 board ... but for indoor I prefer the sh 6043, as well, the sh is much more relaxing ... no stress in case of crash

The PNP microQuad is quite durable, but propeller can get broken easy in a minor crash

I may make the HK microQuad flyable from my phone ... I know how, and I believe I have the HW and SW skills and all needed equipment
Tchuss

E_lm_70

Ps: cb100 ???
Cool, I have a KK2 board in my X250 as well! The PNP is a neat lil Quad, probably a little smaller/lighter than my X250 hmmm.... lol
I also easily broke the stock 3 bladed props and just switched to larger 2 bladed props that are more durable.... but threw my P gains to heck! I'm still tuning her... but I posted a couple of flight vids of her anyways in the "did you fly today" thread.http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=432

My bad... I thought I remembered watching a heli video that featured that stand of trees.

I practiced flying turning circuits with my Ladybird 1.0 to give me experience for flying my X250. She's still on original motors but the frame and front booms are CA'd and hotglued in roughly X-shape....

Ladybird doing turns (6 min 21 sec)
vpsporb is offline Find More Posts by vpsporb
Old Aug 20, 2012, 05:26 PM
New Zealand, Auckland, Waiau Pa
Joined Dec 2006
667 Posts
I wonder if v939 will bind to the Turnigy 9x?
doonunder is offline Find More Posts by doonunder