HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 29, 2012, 06:54 PM
United States, NM, Espanola
Joined Nov 2011
550 Posts
2 bladers

Anyone know what size a 2 blade prop should be for this ol' girl?
Dan
poziovahim is offline Find More Posts by poziovahim
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 29, 2012, 08:24 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Oct 2010
1,707 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lv2soar View Post
How much extra weight it added to your twin jet with the 2 coats of poly wax?
never bothered to weight it .but im assuming it was around an ounce n half .the stuff is water based so it dries very light . it leaves a very thin coat ,
THESANDMAN is offline Find More Posts by THESANDMAN
Old Dec 01, 2012, 04:23 PM
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Dec 2008
291 Posts
@poziovahim

Quote:
Originally Posted by poziovahim View Post
Anyone know what size a 2 blade prop should be for this ol' girl?
Dan
I purchased some 16 x7 and 16X8 Xoar E to try on mine...Have not been out to the field yet to try them because it has been too windy in Dallas the last few weekends...
Letsmakeadeal is offline Find More Posts by Letsmakeadeal
Old Dec 05, 2012, 01:42 AM
Joined Nov 2011
550 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Letsmakeadeal View Post
I purchased some 16 x7 and 16X8 Xoar E to try on mine...Have not been out to the field yet to try them because it has been too windy in Dallas the last few weekends...
Flew mine on an APC 16x10E and she's hard to slow down so I ordered a few 16x8's.
She sure is a bouncer on any hard surface and still a challenge for me!
I have only 6 flights so far and she's a gas to fly
I have the Starmax 63" Pitts Hybrid with almost 70 flights and she is a pussycat compared to the Special! But I always loved the lines of the Special and I'm really glad someone finally made one of this size
Dan
Old Dec 07, 2012, 08:57 PM
Joined Nov 2011
550 Posts
70" Yak 54

Hey All,
just had to share this.... http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...4#post23466269
Dan
Old Dec 08, 2012, 08:59 AM
Joined Oct 2010
1,707 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by poziovahim View Post
Hey All,
just had to share this.... http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...4#post23466269
Dan
not a big fan of the Yak but that is a sweet looking bird ,is that a foamy ,if so that is amazing that they have made a 3d foamy of that size. ive never seen or heard of a foamy 3d plane that size
Old Dec 08, 2012, 06:32 PM
Joined Nov 2012
8 Posts
Is there any place to get parts for the FMS Pitts biplane? Today I was flying her for the 5 th time and all of a sudden it made a loud noise and I noticed two of the prop blades broke off and yes I do balance my props. Well this caused the motor to wobble and break the plastic motor mount. She landed ok but hit a small tree in yard on my emergency landing and broke the elevator. This really suck because I really liked that plane. Anyone think BH will replace? So if there are no parts is this a 260 dollar piece of foam on wheels?
Althorpe1 is offline Find More Posts by Althorpe1
Old Dec 09, 2012, 04:38 PM
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Dec 2008
291 Posts
Unfortunately patience is required

Quote:
Originally Posted by Althorpe1 View Post
Is there any place to get parts for the FMS Pitts biplane? Today I was flying her for the 5 th time and all of a sudden it made a loud noise and I noticed two of the prop blades broke off and yes I do balance my props. Well this caused the motor to wobble and break the plastic motor mount. She landed ok but hit a small tree in yard on my emergency landing and broke the elevator. This really suck because I really liked that plane. Anyone think BH will replace? So if there are no parts is this a 260 dollar piece of foam on wheels?
It takes a while for the parts to show up for new airframes. They will eventually be available...Check with BH and tell them the parts you need. I think they sometimes cannibalize kits to supply needed parts.
Letsmakeadeal is offline Find More Posts by Letsmakeadeal
Old Dec 12, 2012, 03:40 PM
Yes it was Abby Normal
Joined May 2012
2,178 Posts
Twisted, the BEC on the 1400mm Pitts, from what I can tell, has an adjustable voltage setting.
Off the top of my head I think it's 4.8V and 6.0V output.
Newer servos are starting to use higher voltages so the BEC's don't need to put as many amps out, they can also design the motors inside to work faster, have more torque, or be slightly lighter.
So if you installed servos capable of utilizing 6.0V inputs, you'd switch the BEC to the 6.0V setting.
Don't know if the servos installed on the plane are capable of utilizing that voltage, but I would think they should be?
Maybe they're using the 6.0V output already, and if you had some really nice servos on 4.8V you still have the option of using them.

Might as well get a thread started, I'm getting it for Christmas or I'm buying it soon after
I'll do a search and see if there's already a thread.

EDIT: Already a thread about it, from back in JULY!!! How do we miss this stuff?

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1695711

Guys - we have made the jump here.....
WestTexasKing and PikeStaff.....we need to re-search and get ready....purchase, build, fly and post up....you know the drill

TwistedGrin
TwistedGrin is online now Find More Posts by TwistedGrin
Old Dec 12, 2012, 05:00 PM
Joined Oct 2010
1,707 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Althorpe1 View Post
the engine will wobble .think about a prop that isnt balance will cause vibration to the motor imagine what a single prop will do . and yes constant rev of a motor with one prop will cause the motor mount to loosen.
hitting a tree sounds more like a crash than a landing.

could it have been one prop snapped causing another one to break
do you have pics of the blade im curious to see how those blades spontanously decided to just break . must have been some factory defect .

as for the elevator is the damage bad , usually foam parts can be rebuilt or remade from other foam .
Old Dec 12, 2012, 07:52 PM
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Jan 2007
1,214 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion Pax View Post
Yup. For $3 more I can get this one. http://www.hobbypartz.com/77p-sl4400-6s1p-40c-6666.html
Its slightly better, its in a US warehouse, and I can get free shipping.
I am kinda disappointed in the 3300 Sky 4S 40C packs I have.
The rating seems low based on times I am getting.
Tim
w4yn is offline Find More Posts by w4yn
Old Dec 12, 2012, 09:17 PM
Wisdom can not be granted.
Shreveport Louisiana
Joined Dec 2006
6,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by w4yn View Post
I am kinda disappointed in the 3300 Sky 4S 40C packs I have.
The rating seems low based on times I am getting.
Tim
Hey Tim,
Your statement is a bit random and vague considering that the lipo you reference is not relevant to this thread nor did you provide numbers to back it up.

Do you have any eagle tree data to solidify your opinion?

Orion
Orion Pax is offline Find More Posts by Orion Pax
Old Dec 12, 2012, 11:16 PM
Joined Oct 2010
1,707 Posts
he propabably thought he was on another thread , lol that sounds like a battery i would use on my funjet or stryker
Old Dec 17, 2012, 12:26 PM
Joined Oct 2010
1,707 Posts
has anyone put the motor on a watt meter im curious as to how powerful the motor is .
Old Dec 17, 2012, 11:36 PM
Yea, I fly dusty planes..
United States, LA, Angie
Joined Apr 2009
2,052 Posts
I'm flyin mine tomorrow and I'm gonna leave my watt meter in for the flight. I have read everything I can find on switching the BEC over to 6V and can't find anything. I also haven't read anything telling flyers to disconnect the red power wire from the ESC before plugging it into the throttle port. The BEC will power it and it goes into any open port. I would like to give my servo's 6V since I have it. Dave/zeezee
zeezee is offline Find More Posts by zeezee