HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 01, 2012, 08:17 PM
Shanghai'd Expat
Xiaoshan, China
Joined Jun 2006
4,625 Posts
Discussion
Rupert Murdoch: 'Doubtful' That Romney Will Beat Obama In 2012 Election

Probably just another Rupp moment to get the base excited but it sure made me smile this morning. I wonder what Roger had to say after seeing his boss' tweet.

Quote:
Rupert Murdoch took to Twitter on Sunday to weigh in the U.S. presidential election.

"Met Romney last week. Tough O Chicago pros will be hard to beat unless he drops old friends from team and hires some real pros. Doubtful," he wrote.

He added: "US election is referendum on Obama, all else pretty minor."

This is just the latest in a series of anti-Romney tweets. Last week, the News Corp CEO wrote that Romney "Seems to play everything safe, make no news except burn off Hispanics."

Murdoch's criticism may come as a surprise to those who watch and follow right-leaning Fox News (which Murdoch owns.) The network has offered generally positive coverage of the GOP candidate. Earlier this year, Romney told conservative radio host Laura Ingraham that Fox has given his campaign "good, fair play." Even Newt Gingrich complained that "Fox has been for Romney all the way through."
http://digg.com/news/politics/rupert...ill_beat_obama

https://twitter.com/rupertmurdoch/st...93140245807104
herrmill is offline Find More Posts by herrmill
Old Jul 01, 2012, 10:23 PM
Joined Aug 2011
779 Posts
He is entitled to his opinion.

Other than that.. /endthread
UlteriorModem is offline Find More Posts by UlteriorModem
Old Jul 02, 2012, 03:39 AM
Suspended Account
Russian Federation, Sakha, Yakutsk
Joined May 2006
2,978 Posts
Obama's gonna win, and heads will proceed to explode. It's gonna awesome fun to watch.
FrogChief is offline Find More Posts by FrogChief
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jul 02, 2012, 07:44 AM
Houston Ellington, Texas, United States
Joined Feb 2001
312 Posts
The best actual result would be if Obama kept the Executive and both the House and Senate were maintained by the Republicans.

Four years of utter gridlock and uselessness will be good for the country.
logan5 is online now Find More Posts by logan5
Old Jul 02, 2012, 08:46 AM
ein flugel schplinterizer
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,092 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogChief View Post
Obama's gonna win, and heads will proceed to explode. It's gonna awesome fun to watch.
All of this is just fun and games for you, eh Froggie? Fast forward 30 years when you've worked your tail off, acquired a home, planned to take care of yourself in old age, raised kids that are starting their own families and we'll see how loud you laugh.
seanpcola is offline Find More Posts by seanpcola
Old Jul 02, 2012, 08:57 AM
Suspended Account
Joined May 2006
2,978 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanpcola View Post
All of this is just fun and games for you, eh Froggie? Fast forward 30 years when you've worked your tail off, acquired a home, planned to take care of yourself in old age, raised kids that are starting their own families and we'll see how loud you laugh.
It is fun and games to me Sean. And in 30 years it will be just as entertaining.
Old Jul 02, 2012, 09:23 AM
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,092 Posts
Quote:
It is fun and games to me Sean. And in 30 years it will be just as entertaining.
OK. Glad to hear it.
Old Jul 02, 2012, 09:29 AM
Chillin till SEFF
Warner Robins, GA
Joined Aug 2003
14,731 Posts
The political circus is a game. A brilliant facade that hides the real inner workings. The president is nothing more than a door knob/fall guy. But everyone continues to focus on that person.

Vote bottom up is most effective
bildo baggins is online now Find More Posts by bildo baggins
Old Jul 02, 2012, 11:39 AM
Native American
Joined May 2010
429 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5 View Post
The best actual result would be if Obama kept the Executive and both the House and Senate were maintained by the Republicans.

Four years of utter gridlock and uselessness will be good for the country.
If mr obama had any morals or ethics that wold be fine, but he has proven he will do anything to further his agenda. Can you imagine a mr obama with nothing to limit his misuse of presidential powers? No no no, he really has to go.
BE77 Pilot is online now Find More Posts by BE77 Pilot
Old Jul 02, 2012, 06:09 PM
Suspended Account
Joined May 2006
2,978 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bildo baggins View Post
The political circus is a game. A brilliant facade that hides the real inner workings. The president is nothing more than a door knob/fall guy. But everyone continues to focus on that person.

Vote bottom up is most effective
Yes indeed. You are correct.
Old Jul 02, 2012, 06:12 PM
Chillin till SEFF
Warner Robins, GA
Joined Aug 2003
14,731 Posts
I may vote PBO just to see what happens

I always wanted a place in the outback or hills. Already designed and sourced a perimeter defense system after the face eating started so I'm ahead of the game there
Old Jul 02, 2012, 06:29 PM
Who, ME?
Euclid Ohio
Joined May 2005
317 Posts
Quote:
Yes indeed. You are correct.
Seconded. The office of President comes with all kinds of father issues for the public; support, betrayal, like that. Pols play us on that stuff like we're fiddles.
dll932 is offline Find More Posts by dll932
Old Jul 02, 2012, 06:36 PM
Build/Fly/Crash/Repeat
United States, HI, Kapalua
Joined Jan 2002
1,200 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanpcola View Post
I meet all those criteria and probably more. We have multiple homes, multiple children, multiple grandkids, etc., and I'm probably significantly older than you to boot.

I'm still laughing, same as Froggie. It is fun & games. Those who take it all so seriously are just expending wasted emotional energy that could be better applied elsewhere, IMO. YMMV.

Especially when some think candidate A is going to be so significantly different than candidate B that huge changes, or even ANY changes, will occur.

I will say it is very interesting that even Rupert thinks Obama will win. My crystal ball is not nearly as clear, nor do I think it matters much at all. The health care thing is here to stay. We'll be joining the rest of the civilized world.

CoastalFlyer is offline Find More Posts by CoastalFlyer
Last edited by CoastalFlyer; Jul 03, 2012 at 02:00 AM.
Old Jul 02, 2012, 06:55 PM
Chillin till SEFF
Warner Robins, GA
Joined Aug 2003
14,731 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalFlyer View Post
It is fun & games. Those who take it all so seriously are just expending wasted emotional energy that could be better applied elsewhere, IMO. YMMV.

Especially when some think candidate A is going to be so significantly different than candidate B that huge changes, or even ANY changes, will occur.

I will say it is very interesting that even Rupert thinks Obama will win. My crystal ball is not nearly as clear, nor do I think it matters much at all.
I like all quoted with qualifier on the taking it too seriously and it doesn't matter parts. I do believe there is a problem in our country that needs addressing and I don't think any of us can disagree on this point. There is a tremendous bleeding of our populous by an almost hopelessly corrupted government. It is us against them at this point. They dangle the carrots and poke the differing sides and we do as we have always done.

Address the real problem, redirect the anger and make the change

I agree that it is fun though
Old Jul 02, 2012, 07:01 PM
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,092 Posts
Oh, I have no doubt the game is fixed and I also don't think Romney is a miracle worker. What I hope and pray for is the possibility of a slow down and at some point reversal of the growing tumor we call government.

Where I do see the big difference between O and R is there is NO doubt O has designs on turning this country 100% in the wrong direction. I am not a conspiracy theorist but I think that SOB thinks it's his place in life to punish Americans.

As for "civilized world", sounds like you've got a serious problem with the USA.

But, it does boil down to a split country. Those that believe in Rights and responsibilities, and those that believe in entitlements. I'll never change the way you feel and you most assuredly won't change mine. So, this country will pretty much tear itself apart. It's a shame. I'd like to see the USA return to it's greatness. Those that think there is a "civilized" world should move there.