SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 11, 2012, 10:10 PM
Panama
Joined Jul 2005
3,609 Posts
New Product
Precision Aerobatics NEW Katana MX 57"!!!!!!!!! NOW SHIPPING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guys in case it hasn't been posted here, the Katana MX are now shipping!!!!!!!!!!! go get em while they are still in many in stock I'm sure with all the anticipation they will sell out really fast!!! www.PrecisionAerobatics.com

The New 57" KMX - our summer 2012 release
Wing span- 57" /1448mm
Length – 56.34" /1431mm
Wing area – 749 sq. in
MORE UPDATES WILL BE POSTED AS SOON AS MORE INFO COMES!!!!

This plane is all about dedication to perfection – we have taken an already great design –the Katana MD – increased its size and then refined it to a point of absolute harmony in the air.
Naturally we did a lot more than just increasing the Katana MD size - The Katana MX features a complete new aerodynamic design with new custom made airfoils and while it is based on the Katana MD, it has been taken into a whole new level.
It is all about how it flies. After thousands of Katana MDs flown out there, there is no need to talk about what a great flying model it is. If you loved the Katana MD, we can say with certainty - you are going to fall in love again!
Being built using finest grade material, all cut by state-of-the-art laser and CNC machines and utilizing the new generation FiberFusion® building techniques, the KMX is incredibly lightweight and rigid.
Despite its wingspan being 1” smaller than the Extra MX, it is actually larger than the Extra MX and has a look and feel of a large plane at the flying field.
Powered by PA Thrust 50 motor and PA Quantum 70 Pro ESC with a switching BEC makes the KMX extremely responsive, providing absolute control and extreme performance.
Unlike other models in this size category, the KMX is powered by two standard 2200mAh 11.1V packs, so you don’t need to get a new charger or buy a battery that is dedicated to only one model in your hangar. This iPAs package has proven to be the most powerful yet most economical set up possible.
Want to find out more? visit our booth at the Toledo show this weekend to see it in person or keep checking this post over the next few days as we will upload photos specifications and more information .

Katana MX flown by Daniel Dominguez (7 min 48 sec)

Katana MX - Flown by Daniel Dominguez at Joe Nall (6 min 29 sec)

Precision Aerobatics Katana MX - Flown by Daniel Dominguez (6 min 35 sec)

Considering the Katana MX? this video will tell you everything you need to know about this plane in short few minutes. Take a look

PA Spotlight: Katana MX (4 min 8 sec)
aerofundan is offline Find More Posts by aerofundan
Site Sponsor
Last edited by aerofundan; Apr 02, 2014 at 03:06 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 11, 2012, 10:29 PM
I'm torquing to you!
Wattle Grove NSW Australia
Joined Nov 2006
7,446 Posts
Very very nice colour scheme!!! How does she fly? It's got a longer tail moment than the Extra MX so what will this mean for flying nice "lines"???
Mr Kamikaze is offline Find More Posts by Mr Kamikaze
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Hucking my Katana MX
Old Apr 11, 2012, 10:33 PM
Fly Low-Fly 3D-Fly Often
United States, DC, Washington
Joined Oct 2009
5,566 Posts
Dan, congratulations to you and the team. Looks like another winner. I hope to fly it sometime soon.

I was/am actually hoping for a bigger size Extra MX.
SalamSyed is offline Find More Posts by SalamSyed
Old Apr 11, 2012, 10:45 PM
United States, MN, Waconia
Joined Mar 2011
193 Posts
Looks like my Bandit with a bigger motor and longer wingspan.
kanans is offline Find More Posts by kanans
Old Apr 11, 2012, 10:47 PM
United States, MN, Waconia
Joined Mar 2011
193 Posts
Ha ha... that little guy makes that plane look huge.

Just playing Dan... that plane looks great! Btw... I ordered more props for my Bandit and the US warehouse shipped them the next day, oh verrrrry nice.
kanans is offline Find More Posts by kanans
Last edited by kanans; Apr 11, 2012 at 10:56 PM.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 10:52 PM
United States, OR, Beaverton
Joined Feb 2012
31 Posts
Sweet! Its no 50'+ bipe, but it looks like a winner. Looking forward to hearing about its power plant. does it use the same plant as the extra MX? Thrust 50 w 2 x 3cell 2200's?
xTHExDUDEx is offline Find More Posts by xTHExDUDEx
Old Apr 11, 2012, 10:57 PM
I'm torquing to you!
Wattle Grove NSW Australia
Joined Nov 2006
7,446 Posts
Yes same setup as the Extra MX.
Mr Kamikaze is offline Find More Posts by Mr Kamikaze
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Hucking my Katana MX
Old Apr 11, 2012, 11:19 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,742 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xTHExDUDEx View Post
Sweet! Its no 50'+ bipe, but it looks like a winner. ...
I was thinking the same thing (AMR-XL) ... but it does look good; and second to the AMR the KMD was one of my favorite PA planes so I am sure it will be incredible!
bsbauman is online now Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Boom Smoke!
Old Apr 11, 2012, 11:29 PM
"Audentes Fortuna Juvat"
USA, GA, Macon
Joined Oct 2008
884 Posts
I'm very excited about this one. Come see us at the Toledo Week Signals show. I'll try to post some pictures tomorrow night after we set up.

Also... I personally like some of the other colors better. Just wait til you see them!

Chris
Evel Knievel is offline Find More Posts by Evel Knievel
Old Apr 11, 2012, 11:30 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,175 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerofundan View Post
The New 57" KMX - our summer 2012 release
Come see it in person at the Toledo show this weekend! MORE UPDATES WILL BE POSTED AS SOON AS MORE INFO COMES!!!!

This plane is all about dedication to perfection – we have taken an already great design –the Katana MD – increased its size and then refined it to a point of absolute harmony in the air.
Naturally we did a lot more than just increasing the Katana MD size - The Katana MX features a complete new aerodynamic design with new custom made airfoils and while it is based on the Katana MD, it has been taken into a whole new level.
It is all about how it flies. After thousands of Katana MDs flown out there, there is no need to talk about what a great flying model it is. If you loved the Katana MD, we can say with certainty - you are going to fall in love again!
Being built using finest grade material, all cut by state-of-the-art laser and CNC machines and utilizing the new generation FiberFusion® building techniques, the KMX is incredibly lightweight and rigid.
Despite its wingspan being 1” smaller than the Extra MX, it is actually larger than the Extra MX and has a look and feel of a large plane at the flying field.