SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 20, 2012, 08:24 PM
Lori, hey, you're home early
United States, NJ, Trenton
Joined Jan 2004
9,130 Posts
I'm guilty of that myself. Having three or four or five projects going all at once and taking forever to finish. Guess I have a little ADD.
CarreraGTSCS is online now Find More Posts by CarreraGTSCS
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Split elevator set up JR 9303
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 20, 2012, 08:57 PM
USA, NC, Hope Mills
Joined Jan 2010
256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarreraGTSCS View Post
...or you can just build one yourself from scratch instead of complaining . You guys are beginning to act like Kin owes you something. When one of these threads pops up you know most likely it will get like this. I'm amazed these small manufacturers even bother participating in forums.

Well.... he is the one with a company, lots of "projects" but no sales of his products. He a manufacturer, he need to set priorities, allocate resources, build, test and sale his products. If he don't do that he will be out of business even before he starts the company.

I build mine, fly them but don't tease with lots of this is what I'm building.
Gamalier is offline Find More Posts by Gamalier
Old Oct 24, 2012, 02:37 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Oct 2004
1,167 Posts
He has completed some models... just not any products that he sells himself.

http://www.setthrust.com/

These are kins molds...

Thanks

dave
ticketec is offline Find More Posts by ticketec
Old Oct 24, 2012, 11:03 AM
Joined Feb 2006
511 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ticketec View Post
He has completed some models... just not any products that he sells himself.

http://www.setthrust.com/

These are kins molds...

Thanks

dave
I believe Kin designed/built a few EDF Jet Fighters, among those is a 2 x 70mm F-15. I was then wanting and waiting for a 1 x 90mm F-15.

I have purchased "wing servo" mounts, manufactured by Kin (Smartmodel) for the RC glider community.

I hope that Kin will not be deterre/'distracted. Some comments may make sense but we also could fail to see the good.

Del
delperena is online now Find More Posts by delperena
Old Oct 24, 2012, 11:34 AM
Fly allot, Crash allot, next?
United States, CA, Corona
Joined Feb 2006
7,246 Posts
Don't worry, Kin will not be distracted or deterred, he is a dreamer with lots of ideas. That is step number one " the idea"

However, history has proven, 85% fail.

Like most of you guys out there, I am hopefull, but I keep one eye looking and hoping, while the other eye and rest of my body moves forward.

And to those of you say "Well, you can build your own" Lots of us did for many years, but first you had to build the tools, wing jigs, fuse jigs, etc. Modern technology has changed all of that and life has been made easier.

What's wrong with that so long as we are willing to pay the price?
SCALEFAN is offline Find More Posts by SCALEFAN
Old Oct 24, 2012, 12:18 PM
Joined Feb 2006
511 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCALEFAN View Post
Don't worry, Kin will not be distracted or deterred, he is a dreamer with lots of ideas. That is step number one " the idea"

However, history has proven, 85% fail.

Like most of you guys out there, I am hopefull, but I keep one eye looking and hoping, while the other eye and rest of my body moves forward.

And to those of you say "Well, you can build your own" Lots of us did for many years, but first you had to build the tools, wing jigs, fuse jigs, etc. Modern technology has changed all of that and life has been made easier.

What's wrong with that so long as we are willing to pay the price?
Scalefan,

What can I say! You are a man of wisdom with a very broad peripheral vision. I certainly hope that we can see some of what you can.

Thanks for extending your thoughts,

Del
Old Oct 24, 2012, 01:13 PM
Do it Right, the first time!
United States, MN, Hermantown
Joined Dec 2008
5,982 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by delperena View Post
I believe Kin designed/built a few EDF Jet Fighters, among those is a 2 x 70mm F-15. I was then wanting and waiting for a 1 x 90mm F-15. Del
I thought the 90 sized F-15 would have been great. Could never find any size listed though. Last pic in post #4 may have had info, but it won't open.
Just has to be of decent size. If you noticed, Tam just flew a 18.5lb SM F-86 with his TJ90!
CoolerByTheLake is offline Find More Posts by CoolerByTheLake
Old Oct 25, 2012, 03:59 PM
IALEU
Milan - Italy
Joined Jan 2010
120 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamalier View Post
Well.... he is the one with a company, lots of "projects" but no sales of his products. He a manufacturer, he need to set priorities, allocate resources, build, test and sale his products. If he don't do that he will be out of business even before he starts the company.

I build mine, fly them but don't tease with lots of this is what I'm building.
Waiting to see the new Hawk Mk 100 to be available, we can have a look at the M 346 or Yak 130 from Ready2fly, even if it is in EPO.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=sFhsN...sNKf6V8Q&gl=IT
Paolo
IALEU is online now Find More Posts by IALEU
Old Oct 28, 2012, 06:34 PM
New Jersey
Joined Feb 2003
8,132 Posts
The website says the Hawk with econ wing is available now. Has anyone bought one??
Tumbler is online now Find More Posts by Tumbler
Old Oct 31, 2012, 12:27 AM
kin
Composite factory
Joined Sep 2007
3,332 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumbler View Post
The website says the Hawk with econ wing is available now. Has anyone bought one??
Sorry for a little bit late in the products line ! , it delate a week more . please conntact us in about 10/Nov Waiting the retract gear only !
kin is online now Find More Posts by kin
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 31, 2012, 02:28 AM
Joined Feb 2006
511 Posts
Hello Kin,

Thanks for coming back on-line!

If JA-37 Viggen is delayed for early 2013 (for good reason), I will consider the P-51D Mustang (all-composite with e-retracts) or the Hawk (Canada) with e-retracts and composite wing.

Best wishes,

Del
Old Nov 03, 2012, 11:04 PM
kin
Composite factory
Joined Sep 2007
3,332 Posts
Sorry for a bit late for the project , because some dealer order need to delivery this month , Some is aeroplane and some is helicopter fuselage . Sorry guy ! The Hawk -100 can finish a batch in this Nov . So i will update the status and some piece will sent to the test pilot . The ja-37 still waiting the small models but i have two AJ -37 in hand and scan completed the file .Because now is the busy season end the year , they need big quantity in Christmas.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 03, 2012, 11:26 PM
kin
Composite factory
Joined Sep 2007
3,332 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoeby View Post
i hope they produce some plane, which will reach the market.

When reading from start of this thread, there are allready a few plugs made, but none of them we can buy.
Some planes where plugs are made for:
- F15
- A330
- Mig 31
- hawk (70mm fan)
- F35
- F14
- F20
- Hawk 100
- JA37 started
- Plans for starting a T50 in 2013

i know that making a plane will take a lot of time. But when they concentrate first on one plane, and bring it on the market. Making a lot of plugs, but nothing to buy, is not the way to do it. Also the wait for the composite wing for the hawk 100 is strange to me, when looking in post 505, there is a composite wing for the hawk100
Some models is done when i still in my old factory , but i leave there more than one year .So some old models is finished the mold and some still in mater plug status , but i am not sure the oold factory when they finish it . Sorry about some project not selling in market . But i can tell you the following project will appear very soon Hawk -100 finish this month and for selling .Composite wing for Hawk -100 finish in end Nov . Viper jet 90 mm full composite finish end Nov or middle Dec . I will finish some old project follow the Viper jet and they are the work in 2013 ..F-15 90mm , F-14 . Hope guy understand i have leave from old factory and move the products line to a new space . so i need a lot settle down thing and employ some new worker , it is a hard work in last 2012 , but now are smooth and work fast . But some model in that list is old factory models . i can not touch it in business .
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 20, 2012, 08:11 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Oct 2004
1,167 Posts
Any news kin?

Thanks

Dave
ticketec is offline Find More Posts by ticketec
Old Nov 24, 2012, 01:32 PM
Joined Feb 2006
511 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ticketec View Post
I was talking with kin and he expect one of the hawk pre-production models to be ready to ship out to me in the next week or two. Waiting for it to arrive so I can start a build thread!!!!

Not that it helps with the other models everyone is asking about, but at least it means there is some movement.

Thanks

dave
Hello Dave,

Your post is more than a month ago. I presume "the hawk" is still up in the air.

I hope Kin is okay.

Del