SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Today, 09:07 AM
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined May 2013
120 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th View Post
Specs? Looks like fun.
They're pretty mundane ... this thing SCREAMS on 4S though.

RCX1804 motors x 8 (bleh)
Quattro 12A 4-in-1 ESCs x 2
Acro Naze32
FrySky D4R-II
TS5823 200mW Video Tx
Sony 600TVL FPV Cam
Fat Shark CP Antenna
Parts of a ZMR250
Custom 3D printed motor mounts
Custom 3D printed Naze32/arm mount

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmic2112 View Post
Oh no, just when I thought I had enough MRs..

Mini X8

another one on my list

tell us more
I'm still working through prop combinations... on 3S its not quite as mean as I expected on 5030s. Granted this was a 20C battery. Gonna swap the props for 5040s on the bottom first and see the difference.... Then I'll probably go for 5040s all around. Also gonna bump the battery to 35-50C.

Not sure why, but this thing descends beautifully. Check the video.

On 1200mah 45C 4S with 5030s all around it'll barely hover and it accelerates faster than any multirotor I have ever seen. Ever. No video yet, sorry... it was too dark last night. I'll post it next chance I get if anyone is interested.

Also... for whatever reason on my last punch out on 4S my number 7 motor stopped on the way down. It drifted left for a moment but it didn't fall out of the sky (mind=BLOWN). As soon as I landed and killed the throttle, I heard the ESC startup sequence. Not sure what is going on there but I am really stoked that the FC kept the thing in the air without a motor. Pretty nuts!

Here's my long, boring build log over in the 3D printing forum. Any of you 3D printer folks should join us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knubbs View Post
u know what else i havent seen is a double hex that be puirdy darn neat to see might be my next build if i can finish this one im trying to finish aint nothiong fancy
Anybody know a flight controller that supports 12 outputs? Naze32 only does 10. I have enough of these RCX motors lying around.
brannnt is online now Find More Posts by brannnt
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 11:49 AM
5th
Mediocre Pilot Extraordinaire
United States, OR, Eugene
Joined Jun 2012
446 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brannnt View Post
Anybody know a flight controller that supports 12 outputs? Naze32 only does 10. I have enough of these RCX motors lying around.
You only need 6 outputs. You just use a Y6 layout and split the signals. EndOfDays has a post showing how he did it here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...5&postcount=40

I'm cutting plates for a flat 12 right now.
5th is online now Find More Posts by 5th
Old Today, 12:44 PM
Joined May 2013
120 Posts
Why use the y6? Why not use a regular hex config and split the signal?
Old Today, 12:50 PM
5th
Joined Jun 2012
446 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brannnt View Post
Why use the y6? Why not use a regular hex config and split the signal?
Because then you lose yaw control, unless you want both rotors on each arm to rotate the same way, which you don't.
Old Today, 12:59 PM
Joined May 2013
120 Posts
Makes sense. So you just have 2 arms in each position instead of 1 and the flight controller is smart enough to compensate?
Old Today, 03:15 PM
5th
Joined Jun 2012
446 Posts
More or less, yes.

If you take the rear arm of a Y6 and duplicate it. Then on the duplicates swap the top and bottom motors. Now you have counter-rotating coaxial, and both the original rear rotors and the duplicates act together as if they were the rear rotors on a Y6. The same for the other arms. All the fun, double the details.