Old Jul 21, 2015, 06:41 PM
Find More Posts by Nytfury
Hobbyking Racing
United States, NM, Albuquerque
Joined Oct 2014
180 Posts
Discussion
Introducing the Cricket

Hey guys! Just got back home from Nationals! What a blast!!!! Started this fpv adventure about 10 months ago with my buddy Sean Stanford aka "Stevie1DUR" We went out there with no idea how our proto "Noisy Cricket" would stack up much less our skill lol. The little 160mm was laughed at and we were no names. We were all star struck by the big names. But came out drag'n packs baby! Came from nothing to turning in back to back 1:58 and a 1:54 5 lap race time in the quals. Had some breakup in the first main which caused a good deal of time, and the 2nd turn in the final main vid was completely knocked out. Had a blast though, even though the final was just out of reach. Had an AWESOME time battling Mr. Brain Drain all week long lol! RS2K as well! Awesome dudes! Met quite a few of you out there and just wanted to extend my thanks. Proud to be part of such a great community and sport! Never had I though I'd be battling it up with the best in the business. Big shout out to Hobbyking racing (Simon and Toby)!!! Thanks so much for the honor to join the team and represent you as team pilots. Carlos aka "Charpu" was cool hanging out in the airport. COME RACE WITH US MANG!!! If you'd like to know more about the micro that changed the game check us out at Darksidequads.com. Our facebook page is Southwest Podracing. Was so much fun racing with you guys. Now have a new mountain to climb!!! We know how fast you have to be to run with the man "Final Glide AUS" What a machine!! Anyhow, just wanted to officially introduce myself. THANKS!!! Can't wait for the next big race!!!!

Fixed per Mr Brain-Drain

Enjoy the vid. Camera rake after nationals netted considerable cut times here back home. Faster and faster!!!!

cricket hobbyking demo (4 min 15 sec)
Nytfury is offline Find More Posts by Nytfury
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 22, 2015, 05:52 AM
Find More Posts by RaymondM
Multitotor Pilot/Web Designer
United States, MI, Cadillac
Joined Apr 2011
2,579 Posts
Congrats! Sounds like a great little quad. Let us know any further on it.
RaymondM is offline Find More Posts by RaymondM
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 22, 2015, 10:55 AM
Find More Posts by Saijin_Naib
Joined Jul 2015
139 Posts
That thing is insanely fast!

Great looking design, nice and compact.
Saijin_Naib is online now Find More Posts by Saijin_Naib
Old Jul 22, 2015, 10:59 AM
Find More Posts by Fastgixxerlv
Las Vegas
Joined May 2009
1,106 Posts
Awesome! I bet your pitch and roll tune are real close to the same with this design!
Fastgixxerlv is offline Find More Posts by Fastgixxerlv
Old Jul 22, 2015, 11:31 AM
Hobbyking Racing
Joined Oct 2014
180 Posts
Yes sir p and r are nearly identical. Thanks for the kind words. Continuing to smooth her out, well my flying lol. So awesome walking around with it in your front pocket. With an auw under 300g allows for extreme flight times even punching it. 1300 nanotech will go for nearly 10 minutes at race pace. I put the discription to the build on the YouTube comments section. Will do a full build video this week.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 09:04 PM
Hobbyking Racing
Joined Oct 2014
180 Posts
Last day before the MultiGP race.
Nytfury race practice 7 22 (4 min 24 sec)