HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 30, 2014, 07:40 AM
Joined Sep 2010
6 Posts
Discussion
Handcrafted weed wacker big deep-v

This is 1 of 2 boats I'ave built from scratch,the other was a outrigger with K&B 3.5 outboard.This one started with a friend of mine giving me a practically brand new weedeater motor cause he burned up the trimmer head.So I had RC cars and a little 1960's flat bottom stanger type boat,with a Vivell 35 until it broke a rod.So why not build a big boat,this was when the internet was new to me and i didnt have service.I sketched the plans up by using a scale ruler on a pic of a Enforcer on the back cover of a rc mag.I figured about where i would need ribs and drew them up.Ca glued stays to them the a wood door skin over that( ca glue was awesome to me at the time).I made all the hardware from pics in mags.The finish is hand painted enamel 800'd between when it was new everyone thought it was glass.Only thing i didnt make was the obivous prop,motor,ball link ends and radio gear.Not counting my time I vigure I have about $50-$75 in it the prop was even donated.When I made it in about 1998 I was 39, I was homeless living in a friend retired automotive shop and made all hardware with hand tools,it was a good theropy.I made a scale type more than a sport type its not real fast but fun for what I paid.Learned alot about boat tech the hard way(I know the marlboro is not PC,but we smokers are a DYING breed....oops)
51"L
15"W
7"D at transom
Prather 280
1/4 steering servo
Big bore carb
blacksheep_2u is offline Find More Posts by blacksheep_2u
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 30, 2014, 05:42 PM
United States, PA, Clearfield
Joined Jan 2007
407 Posts