Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old May 16, 2014, 11:16 AM
Good for what ALES you
United States, CA, Novato
Joined Jan 2009
442 Posts
Contest
SVSS Monthly ALES Contest – May 24 & 25

Our April contest was postponed due to weather, so this month along with our regular Saturday ALES contest, we have added a second day make-up contest on Sunday.

Announcing the Sacramento Valley Soaring Society’s second and third ALES (Altitude Limited Electric Soaring) contests for 2014. The event will be on Saturday May 24th and Sunday May 25th with pilots' meeting both days at 9:30 and first launch at 10am.

Our monthly contests are open to pilots with a current AMA membership and to any plane that meets the ALES guidelines. The cost is $10 to fly and a hot lunch will be available for $5 and the scores will be submitted to the ALES League.

The event will take place at the SVSS flying field, Grasslands Regional Park, Davis, California. 3.8 miles south of I-80 on Mace Blvd. For directions, visit www.svss.org

Sheldon Smith will be this month’s CD. Email any questions you might have to aric_wilmunder@hotmail.com

Our ALES season includes contests on the fourth Saturday of each month from March until November so we have a great season to look forward to.
awilmunder is offline Find More Posts by awilmunder
to remove ads between posts
Old May 24, 2014, 06:37 PM
SBSS, SCCMAS, EBRC
United States, CA, Milpitas
Joined Jan 2004
141 Posts
Battery found. There was a 4S battery left at the field. I am staying overnight in Dixon. Contact me online if you want it tonight. Other wise I will bring it to the contest tomorrow morning.

Don
Don McCullough is offline Find More Posts by Don McCullough
Old May 24, 2014, 08:41 PM
Old Prop Buster
United States, CA, Grass Valley
Joined Dec 2009
642 Posts
I attended Saturdays contest for my first ALES contest. Thanks all for good time and being such gracious hosts. Thanks for your patience and tolerating my rookie mistakes like not turning in my card and a down wind landing. I actually got landing points on one flight!
Gary
Sir Dumb Thumb is online now Find More Posts by Sir Dumb Thumb
Old May 25, 2014, 07:03 AM
USA, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2011
3,054 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dumb Thumb View Post
I attended Saturdays contest for my first ALES contest. Thanks all for good time and being such gracious hosts. Thanks for your patience and tolerating my rookie mistakes like not turning in my card and a down wind landing. I actually got landing points on one flight!
Gary
Just keep at it Gary, it was a pleasure timing for you. I'll be there for Sundays comp as well , the winds are predicted to be lighter. Come look me up if your there.

Jerry
Airman74 is online now Find More Posts by Airman74
Old Jun 26, 2014, 08:54 PM
SBSS, SCCMAS, EBRC
United States, CA, Milpitas
Joined Jan 2004
141 Posts
Are we a go for this ALES this weekend, June 28?
Don McCullough is offline Find More Posts by Don McCullough
Last edited by Don McCullough; Jun 26, 2014 at 09:59 PM.