HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 21, 2014, 01:36 PM
Fort Collins, CO
Joined Nov 2006
157 Posts
Discussion
What happened to the Woodie thread?

Hey guys.

I know it was interminably long and often more like chat than anything - but there were a bunch of good folks and some interesting discussions over the time that thread was on-going. I see it is closed and I'm just curious.

Was this done by the OP or is there a limit imposed on the time or size of a thread?

Just curious,

Dale.
uncledale is offline Find More Posts by uncledale
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 21, 2014, 01:54 PM
ein flugel schplinterizer
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,023 Posts
Howdy Dale, at this point I don't know. Pretty sure the OP closed it but don't know why. I have an email into Steve right now but probably won't hear back from him for a day or so. I may start a part II and open with my OIII build but want to talk to Steve first.

I know RCG used to impose a thread/post limit but don't think they do that anymore.
seanpcola is offline Find More Posts by seanpcola
Old Apr 21, 2014, 03:07 PM
User
Napa, California
Joined Jul 2006
2,571 Posts
I was just wondering that myself Dale!! Thanks for posting the question... we need to bring back the Woodie thread! Curious to know how/ why it was closed - Sean, thanks for checking with Steve.

Cheers,

Rob
who knows he'll miss the woodie thread.
robh is online now Find More Posts by robh
Old Apr 21, 2014, 03:49 PM
registered weapon
United States, MT
Joined Mar 2008
3,218 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...8#post28152226

I think Steve has had his fill of "the Groups"....
IHAVAWDY is offline Find More Posts by IHAVAWDY
Old Apr 21, 2014, 03:58 PM
Hawaii
Joined Feb 2009
1,104 Posts
Steve,

Whatever is going on in your life, I hope that you get it sorted out OK and life again becomes sunny down under. All the best.
SHVentus is offline Find More Posts by SHVentus
Old Apr 21, 2014, 04:37 PM
User
Napa, California
Joined Jul 2006
2,571 Posts
Not sure that you will see this Steve, but ditto what SH said. All the best to you.

Rob
Old Apr 21, 2014, 04:57 PM
Central California
Joined Jan 2010
949 Posts
Holly smokes, what am I going to do now

The woody thread is where I come for a fix and my therapy everyday.

Sean, definitely do a "I've got a woody part II" thread. I want to see the Oly III and hear some stories. I NEED MY THERAPY

Eddie
hog2soar is offline Find More Posts by hog2soar
Old Apr 21, 2014, 05:04 PM
User
Napa, California
Joined Jul 2006
2,571 Posts
Ditto what Eddie said Sean - fire away! ( maybe call it the "petrified woodie" thread? ?)

Kidding... go for it!

Rob
Old Apr 21, 2014, 05:29 PM
who has rabbit ears down
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jan 2007
3,500 Posts
I honestly don't think that was Steve: It could be a hack via some of my yootoob linking.i sure hope so, anyway!
Captain Canardly is offline Find More Posts by Captain Canardly
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Captain Canardly; Apr 21, 2014 at 05:30 PM. Reason: spelling
Old Apr 21, 2014, 09:16 PM
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,023 Posts
Dunno Cap'n, I could see that happening but don't think that's the case here.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 09:31 PM
who has rabbit ears down
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jan 2007
3,500 Posts
bummer- it's been the busiest monday in 2 months for me!lots o CAD stuffins.
Captain Canardly is offline Find More Posts by Captain Canardly
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 22, 2014, 03:17 AM
ahh crap! crunch..
Australia, QLD, Fraser Island
Joined Nov 2007
3,870 Posts
Wow, I wasn't messing with ya's, fellahs, I just thought it was a good time to end it, and let new things begin, there was no malice involved. It seemed to make sense at the time.

I didn't know it meant so much to some- just another thread to me so I aopologise for what I can see was a lack of sensitivity. So many other good threads on thermal section.

Oh nothing wrong here with me, feeling good, very very busy lately with tree felling, stump grinding and other tiring pursuits. Only complaint is not enough stick time!

Ihava is right though, there are some really painful types on the boards, unrelenting experts in everything, makes you turn off it a bit. Sean correct too, mods and TOS not involved with closure.

No worries though, cheers for your concern, tried to open thread again maybe it worked. Onwards with all things woody.
atmosteve is offline Find More Posts by atmosteve
Old Apr 22, 2014, 07:02 AM
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,023 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by atmosteve View Post
Wow, I wasn't messing with ya's, fellahs, I just thought it was a good time to end it, and let new things begin, there was no malice involved. It seemed to make sense at the time.

I didn't know it meant so much to some- just another thread to me so I aopologise for what I can see was a lack of sensitivity. So many other good threads on thermal section.

Oh nothing wrong here with me, feeling good, very very busy lately with tree felling, stump grinding and other tiring pursuits. Only complaint is not enough stick time!

Ihava is right though, there are some really painful types on the boards, unrelenting experts in everything, makes you turn off it a bit. Sean correct too, mods and TOS not involved with closure.

No worries though, cheers for your concern, tried to open thread again maybe it worked. Onwards with all things woody.
Dang Steve, now I gotta cancel my airline ticket to Australia. I was gonna come out and check on ya personally.

I was concerned that one of the members might have offended you. I know I couldn't have since I'm the least controversial person on RCG.

Actually, I (and I think I can speak for all of us) was.worried that you got burned out on the whole RC thing and was leaving us.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 11:00 AM
User
Napa, California
Joined Jul 2006
2,571 Posts
[QUOTE=seanpcola;28159158Actually, I (and I think I can speak for all of us) was.worried that you got burned out on the whole RC thing and was leaving us.[/QUOTE]

That was what I was most concerned about. Glad to hear that you are well Steve and that you are still engaged. Sounds like you need to find a little more free time though, but I'm one to speak

Cheers!

Rob
looking to see if the woodie thread is back... you started a great thread there Steve!
Old Apr 22, 2014, 12:49 PM
Hawaii
Joined Feb 2009
1,104 Posts
Steve,

Glad all is good in OZ. Thanks for re-opening the Woodie thread. Don't know how many of us would get through the day without it.
SHVentus is offline Find More Posts by SHVentus