HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 01, 2014, 11:04 PM
Joined Jul 2012
377 Posts
Discussion
FPVMODEL.COM Ranger-Ex FPV Specific!!!!

The newest FPV Specific production airplane to enter the market. With it's sleek design giving an impressive look and a plastic shell body offering something other than foam. The new Ranger Ex is bound to offer quite an array of features to the FPV Flyer looking for something designed for their needs!!!!

The Ranger Ex is an impressive platform that DOES NOT require glue for the build of the plane. An extensive amount of thought has went into the design. The design of this plane will offer many different configurations for camera setup up, including that of a preset mounting area for a gimbal. This plane is designed with fpv in mind.. This pane has many options for the user, and a look that they will be proud to carry around.

Warning!!! This plane is so beautiful you might not want to risk flying it......

We will be going to Shenzhen RC tonight and tomorrow. Build Log begins soon. Stay tuned for details and please to not hesitate to ask questions that you may want answered.

Thank you. FPVMODEL
Specifications:

Wingspan: 1980mm (77.9 in)
Overall Length: 1170mm (46 in)
Flying Weight(without battery): 1500g
Flaps: Yes
Retracts: No
Radio: 2.4Ghz 6-Channels
Minimum Age Recommendation: 14 years
Experience Level: Beginners ~ Expert

More Details Here: http://www.fpvmodel.com/757-3-ranger...ier-_g583.html

Pictures:
fpvmodels is offline Find More Posts by fpvmodels
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 04, 2014, 08:53 AM
United States, NC, Chapel Hill
Joined May 2013
194 Posts
Is the entire plane made of molded PVC or just the fuse?
bobbysbrother is online now Find More Posts by bobbysbrother
Old Apr 04, 2014, 10:25 AM
Joined Jul 2012
377 Posts
Only the fuselage. There are a few other plastic parts. Center mounting bracket for the wings, plastic on tail sections.... It's a beautiful plane and I really would like to get out soon and fly it. Have a look at some pictures and let me know what you think. I do have a few concerns......the 10 inch prop only has a bit of room for clearance,...your not gonna jump up to an eleven, twelve, or even a 15. You are limited......I had a good laugh when I read the manual.......suggested battery 11.1V 2200 mah. Ha Sure....What do you want to see? I'm more than happy to take some more photos?
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 04, 2014, 10:32 AM
Joined Jul 2012
377 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpvmodels View Post
Only the fuselage. There are a few other plastic parts. Center mounting bracket for the wings, plastic on tail sections.... It's a beautiful plane and I really would like to get out soon and fly it. Have a look at some pictures and let me know what you think. I do have a few concerns......the 10 inch prop only has a bit of room for clearance,...your not gonna jump up to an eleven, twelve, or even a 15. You are limited......I had a good laugh when I read the manual.......suggested battery 11.1V 2200 mah. Ha Sure....What do you want to see? I'm more than happy to take some more photos?

When I said I had a good laugh, my meaning was that the battery suggestion had to be a mistake. No way could you balance that tail out with 2200Mah...even if you could why would you want a 2000mm wing span running on 2200Mah? So strange....
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 04, 2014, 12:27 PM
Joined May 2013
194 Posts
Limiting the prop to 10" could turn out to be a design mistake. That's small by long range FPV standards. Perhaps that can be improved upon by replacing the motor mount with something that is offset like you often see on pusher foamies like the Bixler and others.

I suspect this plane will need to carry around 2500-3000kg when fully loaded with 5000mah battery(s) and electronics. Potential customers will need to start seeing some videos and read user comments to get a sense of the advantages of this design and construction.

For all their limitations FPV foamies allow the user to get very creative when it comes to customizing the plane to meet various needs. The question is will this PVC fuse be an advantage or not. The obvious comparison is with the popular Skywalker 2013/2014 which has been on my shopping list. But the way this new plane addresses many of the FPV requirements makes it an interesting alternative. It's certainly sharp looking.

I look forward to learning more about it as FPVmodel ramps up its introduction in theFPV market space.
Old Apr 06, 2014, 01:59 AM
Joined Jun 2004
839 Posts
A bigger prop option is always nice but don't discount a 10 inch prop for a long range platform.

I have a Skywalker 1900 with a 9x6 prop with a OS-OMA 3820, with 10ah battery. I can fly 60km with this setup. This is with a 600w motor.

So you can have long range efficient aircraft with a smaller prop.

Any idea on pricing of the Ranger EX basic air plane only kit?
Dogzilla is offline Find More Posts by Dogzilla
Old Apr 07, 2014, 01:45 AM
Joined Apr 2014
62 Posts
Interesting to follow. Subscribed.
xmimx is offline Find More Posts by xmimx
Old Apr 07, 2014, 06:47 AM
Joined Jul 2012
377 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbysbrother View Post
Limiting the prop to 10" could turn out to be a design mistake. That's small by long range FPV standards. Perhaps that can be improved upon by replacing the motor mount with something that is offset like you often see on pusher foamies like the Bixler and others.

I suspect this plane will need to carry around 2500-3000kg when fully loaded with 5000mah battery(s) and electronics. Potential customers will need to start seeing some videos and read user comments to get a sense of the advantages of this design and construction.

For all their limitations FPV foamies allow the user to get very creative when it comes to customizing the plane to meet various needs. The question is will this PVC fuse be an advantage or not. The obvious comparison is with the popular Skywalker 2013/2014 which has been on my shopping list. But the way this new plane addresses many of the FPV requirements makes it an interesting alternative. It's certainly sharp looking.

I look forward to learning more about it as FPVmodel ramps up its introduction in theFPV market space.
The motor mount does look like they are leaving something for a future upgrade. It can be changed out easily with removing a few screws. I wouldn't be surprised if other options will come soon for larger props.
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 08, 2014, 10:01 AM
Brazil, São Paulo, Microregion of Caraguatatuba
Joined Jun 2012
157 Posts
Quote:
Only the fuselage. There are a few other plastic parts. Ce?
FPVmodels why prices have risen so much, of the Ranger EX model?

Days ago, I saw the kit (with only propeller) for $135.

Today I went order it, and surprise, it's for $249!
ECODRONES is online now Find More Posts by ECODRONES
Old Apr 08, 2014, 11:28 PM
Joined Jul 2012
377 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECODRONES View Post
FPVmodels why prices have risen so much, of the Ranger EX model?

Days ago, I saw the kit (with only propeller) for $135.

Today I went order it, and surprise, it's for $249!

Yes, It's not that we jacked the price up. Originally, we jacked it down. We are selling the plane at the manufacturers suggested retail price now. Although it is a nice plane, planes at this price can be difficult to sell so we took a bit of a hit to get some planes out to people in an effort to help get them out so we can spread the word. If I tell you how good this plane is it's not really gonna matter much but if many people tell you how good this plane is and it's out there and publicly being flown....it might help sway some decisions of people sitting on the fence about the purchase. It's an expensive plane, there is no doubt about that both in terms of cost and when it comes to shipping. Before we lost on some of the cost but we charged for shipping. Now we make up some on the cost but try our best to give free shipping. Hope that answers your question. I'm pretty confident you won't find anybody selling it at a cheaper cost than we are both previously and presently.
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 08, 2014, 11:59 PM
Brazil, São Paulo, Microregion of Caraguatatuba
Joined Jun 2012
157 Posts
Quote:
Yes, It's not that we jacked the price up. Originally, we jacked it down. We are selling the plane at the manufacturers suggested retail price now. Although it is a nice plane, planes at this price can be difficult to sell so we took a bit of a hit to get some planes out to people in an effort to help get them out so we can spread the word. If I tell you how good this plane is it's not really gonna matter much but if many people tell you how good this plane is and it's out there and publicly being flown....it might help sway some decisions of people sitting on the fence about the purchase. It's an expensive plane, there is no doubt about that both in terms of cost and when it comes to shipping. Before we lost on some of the cost but we charged for shipping. Now we make up some on the cost but try our best to give free shipping. Hope that answers your question. I'm pretty confident you won't find anybody selling it at a cheaper cost than we are both previously and presently.
Humm...

My opinion:

With LOT of people talking well about the plane --> your sales will increase dramatically... with big number of sales, your profit will balance your "lost".

With LOT of people just talking about "high prices" and/or high shipping costs, a LOT of people WILL NOT order it.

Their boxes will be stucked in your warehouse... no (ANY) profit. Just determined by "law of supply and demand".

BTW, its not free shipping from Brazil. So it costs for me $249 + $68... in my country I will also pay:

1- import taxes 60% over total price (product + shipping)
2- Fee regarding my State taxes +18%
3- Plus 18% over total amount before... (bi-tributation... yeah it's sucks!)

It will costs for me... about R$ 1.590,00 (US$ 679).

Sorry, but it's not Balsa Scale High detailed plane from GreatPlanes or others modeleres for this charges.

Its just for enthusiast people, that crashes a lot of these in a month, because they trying new things, and just caused mistakes, and they have trashed many parts... you know, do sales it for us by years...

It's not for me or lucid guys.
ECODRONES is online now Find More Posts by ECODRONES
Last edited by ECODRONES; Apr 09, 2014 at 12:10 AM.
Old Apr 09, 2014, 12:02 AM
Joined May 2013
194 Posts
Quote:
The problem is there is still virtually no dialog and feedback on this new and somewhat unorthodox plane in spite of you seeding the market with discounted sales. For all we know their could be any number of design issues yet to be uncovered and documented - like for example maybe a weak landing gear mount or a fragile wing saddle - who knows what. In fact there has been so little dialog by FPVmodel and others on this plane I was under the impression that it was not in full production yet.

If the previous price was reduced as you say for marketing reasons, the proper thing to have done would be to note "special introductory price" in your on line store so customers could make a decision whether to take a chance to get the better price or not. That would have been the smarter and better thing to do than jump the price up as much as you did without warning.

Now that the price is much higher (granted with free shipping) it changes things. As a potential customer interested in the feature set of this FPV plane, it's one thing to say to yourself...."I don't know if this plane is worth the money or not but it's worth taking a chance at $135." However, with the price now at $249 and still no user feedback to speak of, the question becomes whether to chance $249 on something totally unknown, or buy something proven like a skywalker instead.

That's my perspective on your sudden price change. Thx
Old Apr 09, 2014, 12:36 AM
Joined Nov 2011
70 Posts
Agree with the above - I was going to purchase this instead of my planned purchase, a Skywalker, now it is over $100 USD more, I will go with the tried and tested.
cameronblick is offline Find More Posts by cameronblick
Old Apr 09, 2014, 12:44 AM
Joined Jul 2012
377 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECODRONES View Post
Humm...

My opinion:

With LOT of people talking well about the plane --> your sales will increase dramatically... with big number of sales, your profit will balance your "lost".

With LOT of people just talking about "high prices" and/or high shipping costs, a LOT of people WILL NOT order it.

Their boxes will be stucked in your warehouse... no (ANY) profit. Just determined by "law of supply and demand".

BTW, its not free shipping from Brazil. So it costs for me $249 + $68... in my country I will also pay:

1- import taxes 60% over total price (product + shipping)
2- Fee regarding my State taxes +18%
3- Plus 18% over total amount before... (bi-tributation... yeah it's sucks!)

It will costs for me... about R$ 1.590,00 (US$ 679).

Sorry, but it's not Balsa Scale High detailed plane from GreatPlanes or others modeleres for this charges.

Its just for enthusiast people, that crashes a lot of these in a month, because they trying new things, and just caused mistakes, and they have trashed many parts... you know, do sales it for us by years...

It's not for me or lucid guys.
Might want to check the website again. The plane does have free shipping. If it's not registering for free shipping you might want to send us a message and we can get it worked out. Although, I can't change the price of the plane. It's a nice plane. Other planes are out there too and they are cheaper. Is this plane worth 250.00? That's up for people to decide themselves. Would I pay 250 with free shipping??? Yeah, I think so. Would I pay 679 like you just explained, no....If the plane was 135 and I had to pay 68.00 would I pay that? Sure, it's a nice plane. If the plane was 135 and shipping was 68 then taxes added another 98% or more would I pay that? No I don't think so.

In short I can understand your disappointment but many of the factors to the expense you have explained cannot be change by me...even if I were able to sell the plane below 250.
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 09, 2014, 01:06 AM
Joined Jul 2012
377 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbysbrother View Post
The problem is there is still virtually no dialog and feedback on this new and somewhat unorthodox plane in spite of you seeding the market with discounted sales. For all we know their could be any number of design issues yet to be uncovered and documented - like for example maybe a weak landing gear mount or a fragile wing saddle - who knows what. In fact there has been so little dialog by FPVmodel and others on this plane I was under the impression that it was not in full production yet.

If the previous price was reduced as you say for marketing reasons, the proper thing to have done would be to note "special introductory price" in your on line store so customers could make a decision whether to take a chance to get the better price or not. That would have been the smarter and better thing to do than jump the price up as much as you did without warning.

Now that the price is much higher (granted with free shipping) it changes things. As a potential customer interested in the feature set of this FPV plane, it's one thing to say to yourself...."I don't know if this plane is worth the money or not but it's worth taking a chance at $135." However, with the price now at $249 and still no user feedback to speak of, the question becomes whether to chance $249 on something totally unknown, or buy something proven like a skywalker instead.

That's my perspective on your sudden price change. Thx

The feedback will come. Please remember this was a plane that we started selling and shipping out 5 days ago. How long does it take for EMS to ship from China to you? We usually quote EMS shipping times at 5-7 days. Also, if there is one thing I know about people and fpv products, they absolutely love to talk about them. Now I can show you a box. I can open it and build it. I can even go out and fly it, then show you a video but the truth is you'll believe another persons word over mine. Why? Because I sell the plane. It's much easier to take the first impressions of people that do not. I understand that and I think you will start to get a lot of this feedback over the next few days. That feedback will be from those that have purchased this plane. People just like you. People with nothing to do about selling it but hopefully they might give mention about the fact that they were able to get it from us quickly and below MSRP, even if it did only last for a few days.
Site Sponsor