HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 19, 2012, 01:35 PM
United States, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Nov 2011
88 Posts
New Product
RiteWing Zephyr II ARFs

Now offering ZII ARFS, Full RiteWing OEM Gear preinstalled and just minutes from the box to the flying field.
Im Ron, long time friend and flying buddy of CK. For years Chris and I have been building and flying together. As of December 2011, when the ZII became available Chris asked if I'd like to take on the ZII builds as he had become deeply involved in research and design and just didnt have the time to supply ARF ZII's.
I gladly took on the task as I love building and I just think the ZII is a great wing and deserves a passionate, quality build.

Heres what ya get:

ZII Kit
Motor - RiteWing 320/1200kv out-runner including conversion kit to
install motor to outside of mount
Prop - APC Prop W/Prop Adapter; 9" or 10" depending on cell count to be used
Servo - RiteWing 37g Digital, Metal Gear, 83oz/Tq
ESC - RiteWing 65amp programmable (Prewired with twin XT60 male connectors)
Covering - 3mm Lam, 5mm on bottom center landing area
Carbon Fiber covered Control Rods
Aluminum heavy duty Control Horns
Magnetic Bay Door Lids
**(Extra Lam included for patching over FPV gear install)**

Prices vary according to the build as each is custom and built to order.

In General the build is $625.00. The price varies according to individual builds. CameraBox, Battery bay mods, paint scheme and any custom logoing can effect price. The red wing pictured in this thread is a standard build and paint scheme, plus a camera box. That build including the Camera Box installed would be $690.00
The orange and black wing would be an example of a custom paint scheme, although it looks simple and clean, to get that effect the plane needs to be masked off multiple times and its very time consumming.
In any case, I try to come up with patterns that will accomidate you installing your FPV gear without infriging on the paint. The mods you make after the purchase should be simple and clean.
Please contact me to discuss pricing for your individual build at the email below or feel free to call any time.
Ron
RiteWingBuilds@gmail.com
480-423-1211
ronrob61 is offline Find More Posts by ronrob61
Last edited by ronrob61; May 21, 2012 at 09:17 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 20, 2012, 05:21 AM
Joined Jan 2012
406 Posts
Where do prices start out at? Definitely interested
ChrisDangerPants is offline Find More Posts by ChrisDangerPants
Old May 20, 2012, 05:35 AM
Joined Jun 2011
1 Posts
Yeah. give us some kind of ball park $$$?
comanchebob is offline Find More Posts by comanchebob
Old May 20, 2012, 07:16 AM
FPV = empty wallet
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Feb 2009
511 Posts
Yes a price starting point would be ideal or even a hourly rate.
Adroc3905 is offline Find More Posts by Adroc3905
Old May 20, 2012, 07:27 AM
United States, FL, Hollywood
Joined Apr 2012
1 Posts
$$$???
Stryker68 is offline Find More Posts by Stryker68
Old May 20, 2012, 07:42 AM
MJF
Waiting Fer Da SEFF
United States, GA, Perry
Joined Jul 2010
1,318 Posts
what^ they ^ said ^
MJF is offline Find More Posts by MJF
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: got another plane
Old May 20, 2012, 11:50 AM
Joined Nov 2011
88 Posts
General Pricing

In General the build is $625.00. The price varies according to individual builds. CameraBox, Battery bay mods, paint scheme and any custom logoing can effect price. The red wing pictured in this thread is a standard build and paint scheme, plus a camera box. That build including the Camera Box installed would be $690.00
The orange and black wing would be an example of a custom paint scheme, although it looks simple and clean, to get that effect the plane needs to be masked off multiple times and its very time consumming.
In any case, I try to come up with patterns that will accomidate you installing your FPV gear without infriging on the paint. The mods you make after the purchase should be simple and clean.
Last edited by ronrob61; May 20, 2012 at 12:03 PM.
Old May 21, 2012, 08:40 PM
The trees are my hangar
United States, NY, Queens County
Joined Dec 2010
343 Posts
What kind of flight times are these planes capable of ? And how much does it weigh ?
omer921 is offline Find More Posts by omer921
Old May 24, 2012, 08:35 AM
Joined Nov 2011
88 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by omer921 View Post
What kind of flight times are these planes capable of ? And how much does it weigh ?
The ZII weighs in at just about 44oz before adding your batteries. With FPV gear and Batts installed its usually closer to 4.5lbs. Flying time varies according to your flying style but 30 - 40 mins is a good ball park.
Old May 26, 2012, 08:13 PM
The trees are my hangar
United States, NY, Queens County
Joined Dec 2010
343 Posts
Are you able to supple batterys and an esc with dean connectors? Also I want to put my fy21ap on it anyway it will work because it needs to sit on the cg.
omer921 is offline Find More Posts by omer921
Old May 26, 2012, 11:12 PM
Joined Nov 2011
88 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by omer921 View Post
Are you able to supple batterys and an esc with dean connectors? Also I want to put my fy21ap on it anyway it will work because it needs to sit on the cg.
Sure, Ill put any connectors youd like on there. the xt60s are just a very good connector so I use them as a standard but no problem installing the deans