Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 12, 2012, 04:19 PM
Joined Dec 2006
1,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy1a View Post
Car back camera has infra red vision... mine at list :-)

http://www.goodluckbuy.com/waterproo...2v-500ma-.html

take it out of the water proof case ...

:-)
wouldn't the image be horizontally flipped? i guess you could put a mirror in front the camera
noobee is offline Find More Posts by noobee
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 12, 2012, 04:43 PM
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined Aug 2011
1,587 Posts
Quote:
as a matter of fact ... the HK 16$ camera does magics in the night.
i can use it without fear.

take a look at this video, you can see the sky is lit but when looking out off the goggles .. it is as dark as hell ...

@ 1:30 minutes for instance .. it is so dark i can't see the plane right after letting it go of my hand. ( i had no leds then .. )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gfsc4jfc67E
Very nice. Surprisingly good contrast when it was only using IR (black and white image). I also like your idea of having the car lights flash as a reference point of ground zero.

Vince
Eagle202 is offline Find More Posts by Eagle202
Old Feb 12, 2012, 04:51 PM
Joined Aug 2011
1,587 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFlyer371 View Post
Would an IR camera pick up a cold metal pole at night? Infrared picks up heat and if the pole were the same temperature as it's surroundings would be nearly invisible (1st & 2nd Gen IR). I have friends that fly Medical Helicopters and they use Night Vision (Low Light/Star Light) equipment, having found IR to be unreliable. I believe that only Active IR would work for this purpose and it uses LOTS of power.
Infrared technology has come a long way and is much better than Low Light / Star light. That technology can be bad if you suddenly look at a bright light.

There is always a temperature difference between objects. The "cold" metal pole would still look much warmer than the sky. Or colder than the ground. Most of the police helicopters use the infrared technology supplied by FLIR (forward looking infrared). You can check out their website and see some of the commercial hardware they sell. They have hand held units for boating or hiking. It costs a lot but it really works.

Vince
Old Feb 13, 2012, 01:16 AM
FPV! and nothing else matters.
Israel, Haifa
Joined Aug 2010
1,871 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobee View Post
wouldn't the image be horizontally flipped? i guess you could put a mirror in front the camera

hhmmm

i can flip the image on my screen
guy1a is online now Find More Posts by guy1a
Old Feb 13, 2012, 08:47 PM
jcooksey
west tn
Joined Feb 2010
197 Posts
ok guys im starting my sky surfer fpv build.Im going to instal my eagletree elogger osd ,gps and guardian.im going to be using the gopro for fpv cam and i already have my camera platform built thanks to ilovefpv design.my question is should i split the fuselage are cut a hatch somewhere, It is the older version from readymade rc. thank you
jcooksey is offline Find More Posts by jcooksey
Old Feb 14, 2012, 04:47 AM
FPV! and nothing else matters.
Israel, Haifa
Joined Aug 2010
1,871 Posts
both ways are good.

do what you like best.

you need good / easy access to the gear.
guy1a is online now Find More Posts by guy1a
Old Feb 14, 2012, 09:04 AM
jcooksey
west tn
Joined Feb 2010
197 Posts
Quote:
both ways are good.

do what you like best.

you need good / easy access to the gear.
Well I havnt started yet. But I'm wondering cutn the bottom out and either put equipment there are battery. I dnt know because of the gopro on the front of it would be better for the battery to go inside the belly. Just seems like a hassle to change out
Old Feb 14, 2012, 07:27 PM
Albuquerque, NM
Joined Sep 2006
50 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcooksey View Post
Well I havnt started yet. But I'm wondering cutn the bottom out and either put equipment there are battery. I dnt know because of the gopro on the front of it would be better for the battery to go inside the belly. Just seems like a hassle to change out
I originally planned to have all the EagleTree stuff up in the nose and the battery under the wings, but even with the GoPro up front, and midway back on the hatch space, I still have to mount my 2200mah batteries in the nose and have shoved the ET systems under the wings. I've considered a side/bottom hatch as well, but question how much it would compromise the fuselage strength and so far haven't needed one. My cg is offset a little to the tail as I have a huge inrunner and my video TX way back on the tail boom, so the GoPro doesn't affect it as much as a stock setup would.

I was looking into making or buying a small USB cable to go from the eLogger to the side of the plane, but couldn't find what I wanted in the time I wanted to fly. I'm considering it again for my next build as pulling the eLogger up to download data is a pain.
MikeD096 is offline Find More Posts by MikeD096
Old Feb 14, 2012, 08:13 PM
Better then Sliced Bread!
United States, CA, Arcata
Joined Oct 2011
2,597 Posts
Bixler Valentines FPV 2012 (5 min 11 sec)

Valentines Day FPV! My personal farthest out now is about 1500 feet. Video is shot with 808 cam looking out under the wing, still don't have a method to record FPV feed yet.

I probably won't venture much farther out in distance then this until I get OSD and AP w/ RTH .
NorCalMatCat is offline Find More Posts by NorCalMatCat
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Recent Juggernaut Flights
Old Feb 15, 2012, 12:48 PM
Bill
United States, NE, La Vista
Joined Jul 2007
279 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalMatCat View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPJF6xQeAjg

Valentines Day FPV! My personal farthest out now is about 1500 feet. Video is shot with 808 cam looking out under the wing, still don't have a method to record FPV feed yet.

I probably won't venture much farther out in distance then this until I get OSD and AP w/ RTH .
Nice video, but...
The Image Stabilization is a pain!
Use a program like Sony Vegas to crop the image after stabilizing it. The program you're using (?) might do that automatically if enabled.
HiFlyer371 is offline Find More Posts by HiFlyer371
Old Feb 15, 2012, 01:16 PM
Better then Sliced Bread!
United States, CA, Arcata
Joined Oct 2011
2,597 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFlyer371 View Post
Nice video, but...
The Image Stabilization is a pain!
Use a program like Sony Vegas to crop the image after stabilizing it. The program you're using (?) might do that automatically if enabled.
Yeah I am just using the youtube editor for the stabilization but it has no cropping feature! I am still considering what to use for video editing, at the moment I purely use Windows Movie Maker and Youtube tools.
NorCalMatCat is offline Find More Posts by NorCalMatCat
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Recent Juggernaut Flights
Old Feb 15, 2012, 02:42 PM
United Kingdom, England, Bristol
Joined Dec 2011
628 Posts
http://www.guthspot.se/video/deshaker.htm

There's a youtube guide for it too:

Video Image Stabilization Program- Free ! (8 min 44 sec)

I haven't tried it yet, but I'm used to VDub, so will give it a go
AshtonFlyer is offline Find More Posts by AshtonFlyer
Old Feb 15, 2012, 08:24 PM
Joined Aug 2011
1,587 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalMatCat View Post
Yeah I am just using the youtube editor for the stabilization but it has no cropping feature! I am still considering what to use for video editing, at the moment I purely use Windows Movie Maker and Youtube tools.
I use something called VideoPad Video Editor from NCH Software. You can down load a free version for a limited time and then when that expires you can choose to purchase a basic to a more advanced version. I bought the basic for $39.95.The neat thing is that i could try it out before purchasing it.

Vince

SkySurfer great 1st flight on 12-23-11 (2 min 14 sec)
Last edited by Eagle202; Feb 15, 2012 at 08:40 PM. Reason: added video
Old Feb 16, 2012, 02:51 AM
Me a long time ago
London N.E. UK
Joined Jan 2007
6,056 Posts
For all my video editing, I use windows movie maker. I have two versions on my PC. At times the 7 version will not see some vids so I first load them onto the older version. I then save them and then 7 sees them.
The 7 (windows live) I find is easier to use.
Flypoppa is online now Find More Posts by Flypoppa
Old Feb 17, 2012, 10:27 PM
jcooksey
west tn
Joined Feb 2010
197 Posts
What is the best prop to use with the stock setup ? I'll be pushing a gopro and I guess all the eagletree setup you can get;-)