Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,716 Posts
Wow I hate using my Blackberry LOL I missed the Snowmans poem somehow
and The pic of PT-19

Nice poem and it almost seems like it would be your poem snowman

billd have fun on the drive to go pick up that sweet looking plane

Wookster bummer on the event but I'm sure you'll get it figured out and have a great time.

Snowdog It is looking like a nice long winter build season I love long building seasons we didn't get it at all last year. I have a couple of good projects lined up already.

And yes tonight its going to drop into the low 20's maybe teens for the first tme this season, and figures its going to strike right on flying morning, so it will be a chilly start to the day but none the less it will warm up just in time to leave and go help my friend put trussing up for his roof lol
Waldopepperaxe is online now Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 12, 2012, 09:38 AM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
4,856 Posts
Well, I just got all my flying stuff together and was heading out the door when the phone rings and my cousin from out of town, wants me to show his boy how to shoot!....Right now?......Yeah........it's the only time that works for him before he heads down south! Damn! It's always something!
snowman is online now Find More Posts by snowman
Old Oct 12, 2012, 09:49 AM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,828 Posts
shooting is good too though right?

Too cold, windy, and rainy to fly here and I'm glad because I'm too busy and we need the moisture. Us desert dwellers gotta take it when we can get it.
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Oct 12, 2012, 10:18 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,303 Posts
I think I'll build a combat plane.
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Oct 12, 2012, 01:30 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
11,998 Posts
Bit the bullet, no more hearing Ron moan about a PA System

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o00_s00_i00

This speaker is 329 to 359 EVERY where else including Fee bay. $187 Shipped for a Active 15" is unheard of. WOOT!
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Oct 12, 2012, 01:40 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,828 Posts
DOG I'm interested to see how this turns out for you. The price sure is right and I like you you can use more than one to create stereo sound. These could easily be expanded into a pretty awesome system for a variety of uses. I'd like to hear about sound quality etc. for mid and high range sound as well as the bass they talk so much about in the amazon listing.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 01:43 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
11,998 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
DOG I'm interested to see how this turns out for you. The price sure is right and I like you you can use more than one to create stereo sound. These could easily be expanded into a pretty awesome system for a variety of uses. I'd like to hear about sound quality etc. for mid and high range sound as well as the bass they talk so much about in the amazon listing.
I got a pair... Very easy to add a powered SUB in line to pick up the deep thump, but I hear the base is good as is, I will test. However, for quick and dirty PA, you can go mic direct to the onboard amp and cart it around and annoy people too.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 01:45 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,828 Posts
ya I saw that I suppose if you wanted to you could probly do everything from a laptop as well right? Mic, music etc.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 01:49 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,828 Posts
My Mom has a pretty nice PA system for her music school. I wish I could remember the names of it all... but I think something like this would be really sweet for modular expansion on how much sound you want to put out. For less than $400 she could double the volume She has a little control board and several mics. If I ever try to host an event here (which I would absolutely love to do sometime) I'll have to drag her stuff out there. The PA system at the last few events has been horrible.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 01:57 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
11,998 Posts
Quote:
My Mom has a pretty nice PA system for her music school. I wish I could remember the names of it all... but I think something like this would be really sweet for modular expansion on how much sound you want to put out. For less than $400 she could double the volume She has a little control board and several mics. If I ever try to host an event here (which I would absolutely love to do sometime) I'll have to drag her stuff out there. The PA system at the last few events has been horrible.
you have to be careful that she is using an "active" system and not a "passive" meaning the amps are built into the speaker on these, so if her board is part of an amp for a passive, they may not work together.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 02:29 PM
Joined Jan 2005
4,856 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
no more hearing Ron
Who is this Ron guy DOG? I thought you wanted the PA system, not Ron.......I'm all confused!

brathanke.......yes, shooting is good, but I really didn't want to go shooting today.......I'd rather have gone flying.....but this kid was really green and someone needed to show him how to be safe and not hurt himself or others.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 02:44 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
11,998 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
Who is this Ron guy DOG? I thought you wanted the PA system, not Ron.......I'm all confused!
Correction...

NO MORE HEARING THE DOG BARK?
Old Oct 12, 2012, 03:35 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,828 Posts
My Mom's speakers are active. The control board just mixes everything. It does NOT supply any power to the speakers.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 03:36 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
11,998 Posts
Quote:
My Mom's speakers are active. The control board just mixes everything. It does NOT supply any power to the speakers.
These would fit that bill then
Old Oct 12, 2012, 06:22 PM
Joined Jan 2005
4,856 Posts
The sun sets on a day that could have been filled with flying fun.........and to add fuel to the fire......my monitor fried while typing this!!!!! I've moved to my backup and going from a 22" monitor to a 15" is quite a shock! Dang!
Last edited by snowman; Oct 12, 2012 at 06:52 PM.