HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 10:07 AM
Joined Sep 2014
25 Posts
Discussion
Motor rotation ?

Hey Guys!
I just upgraded my Genesis with a Leopard 4082 1600kv & Seaking 180esc.
I just powered it up for the first time & the motor is running opposite of the stock set up.
Looking from behind the boat, the prop is spinning clockwise. The original prop & all of the new props I bought to test with are all counter clockwise rotation.

No, I didn't cross any wires (remarkable in itself lol), everything is color coded, plug & play. Is there something that needs programming?

I have read that people need to program new motor/esc set ups & have NO, & I mean absolutely no idea on how to go about this.

Thanks again for your help!
David
CTdave203 is offline Find More Posts by CTdave203
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 10:23 AM
Seattle
Joined Feb 2006
945 Posts
Just switch any two motor wires - that will reverse the direction.
cyberhoops is offline Find More Posts by cyberhoops
Old Yesterday, 10:48 AM
Boaters are nice people.
Sneek, Netherlands.
Joined May 2004
4,959 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTdave203 View Post
I have read that people need to program new motor/esc set ups & have NO, & I mean absolutely no idea on how to go about this.
Hi David,

As the Seaking comes with a default timing of 15, you need to know if your motor is a D-wind, or a Y-wind, as D-wind motors need a (much) lower timing than the 15.
As there's a program card available for the Seaking 180, it's not that hard (and there's always the forum...).

Regards, Jan.
pompebled is online now Find More Posts by pompebled
Old Yesterday, 10:29 PM
Joined Apr 2010
851 Posts
+1 on swapping any 2 of the motor wires.

Chief
BHChieftain is online now Find More Posts by BHChieftain