HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 16, 2014, 07:55 AM
Joined Oct 2010
1,231 Posts
on that brushed motor it's important to let it cool down between flights. The motor gets very hot and will burn out faster if you don't let it cool. That was one of the main reasons I had converted my MasterCP to brushless without having made a single flight on it stock.
pmerritt is online now Find More Posts by pmerritt
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 16, 2014, 10:03 AM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,654 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChespiIker View Post
Never seen such a cool beautiful canopy on a MasterCP...your two purchases are very good looking birds, congratulations......check to see if masterCP has 7.6.6 servos...if it does, best mod is to upgrade to metal gear servos or 7.6.9...you will have tons of fun with the Master CP...not if, but when you crash...look for upper link from swashplate to blade...one usually pops out...happy flying...
This is my second Master. I will probably eventually go metal gear on it as well but now that I can actually manage to fly without routinely making dumb mistakes, I may be able to keep the stock servos going for awhile.
Bajora is offline Find More Posts by Bajora
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 16, 2014, 10:58 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
7,217 Posts
My #1 Master is bone stock except for yellow canopy/ B/Good heat sink. All I can say its has alot of airtime and flys well. So well in fact servos have not been chaged out. #2 servos are m/g. .
X-heli use to sell bnf Master for $109.95 minus 5% RCG-5 code, but now its only RTF. both of mine came from X-heli. First flight knew it woukd be fun. the sounf it made compared to Geniuys c/p/ Mcp-x was awesome at that time.
Flying my newest beast V450D01 v2 was thrilling.. at least for me. Yet to be flown is my Blade 500 D. Folks do not realize going from 450 to a 500 you double the power. 450 2400ma 3 cell to 500 / 3000 ma 6 cell battery.
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Yesterday, 11:38 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
7,217 Posts
I have a bunch of spare parts plus two FBL units. Frame on Master is far from Idea plus kinda heavy. My idea would be modify frame and look into a belt drive tail with bl motor. 4000 kv. May need to use other heli parts.. but think it will work. A Master with 3 axis FBL unit/ belt drive so no brushed tail motor.
End goal would be lightrer/ stronger/ simple powerful heli with belt drive.
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Yesterday, 03:44 PM
Joined Aug 2014
26 Posts
A few days ago I took my master cp outside as there was not much wind. It does pretty good, after me learning to cool down motor, move the throttle/collective more.

I would like to tweak the heli better. I noticed this before but wasn't much of an issue. It oscillates when there is wind coming from the right, where I roll the heli to the right to keep it steady on a spot. From my understanding I need to tweak the gyros. I would imagine this is similar to tweaking the gains of a flight controller of a quad.

My current settings right now is:

11 o clock - elev/aile ext (what does ext mean?)
11 o clock - aile gs
9 o clock - elev gs

I am unsure, but I think from factor it came with 9, 11 and 11 o clock. Can't remember, I changed it a bit in the hopes of fixing bobbing issue. The oscillating issue also happened on factory settings, so its no worse or better on my current settings.

I would think I need to increase the aileron gain setting (aile g.s.)? As the oscillation happens while rolling, but not always. It normally happens where there is wind.
Jkyamog is offline Find More Posts by Jkyamog
Old Yesterday, 05:50 PM
⤤ ⤳ ⤴ ⇲
Joined Aug 2008
1,153 Posts
The elev/ail extent is for adjusting servo travel.
I know it can be a bit boring, but it might help to go through the manual again so you know exactly what everything is/does.
mono is offline Find More Posts by mono
Old Yesterday, 06:10 PM
Joined Oct 2010
1,231 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankar04 View Post
I have a bunch of spare parts plus two FBL units. Frame on Master is far from Idea plus kinda heavy. My idea would be modify frame and look into a belt drive tail with bl motor. 4000 kv. May need to use other heli parts.. but think it will work. A Master with 3 axis FBL unit/ belt drive so no brushed tail motor.
End goal would be lightrer/ stronger/ simple powerful heli with belt drive.
lighter and stronger don't typically mix.
Old Yesterday, 06:17 PM
Joined Oct 2010
1,231 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkyamog View Post
A few days ago I took my master cp outside as there was not much wind. It does pretty good, after me learning to cool down motor, move the throttle/collective more.

I would like to tweak the heli better. I noticed this before but wasn't much of an issue. It oscillates when there is wind coming from the right, where I roll the heli to the right to keep it steady on a spot. From my understanding I need to tweak the gyros. I would imagine this is similar to tweaking the gains of a flight controller of a quad.

My current settings right now is:

11 o clock - elev/aile ext (what does ext mean?)
11 o clock - aile gs
9 o clock - elev gs

I am unsure, but I think from factor it came with 9, 11 and 11 o clock. Can't remember, I changed it a bit in the hopes of fixing bobbing issue. The oscillating issue also happened on factory settings, so its no worse or better on my current settings.

I would think I need to increase the aileron gain setting (aile g.s.)? As the oscillation happens while rolling, but not always. It normally happens where there is wind.
ext is extent, how far the servo horn will travel. usually leaving this setting alone is ok because you can control it from your transmitter using travel adjust menu or dual rates. The little oscillations you feel are pretty normal, the turbulence of the air causes tiny little tremors and causes the fbl unit to make tiny little corrections. It can be a little disconcerting, if you are a newer flier, but your best bet is to just fly right through it. Plus it's just good practice for getting used to flying in windy conditions.
Old Yesterday, 10:15 PM
Joined Aug 2014
26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mono View Post
The elev/ail extent is for adjusting servo travel.
I know it can be a bit boring, but it might help to go through the manual again so you know exactly what everything is/does.
Thanks going through the manual a bit again.
Old Yesterday, 10:57 PM
Joined Aug 2014
26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmerritt View Post
ext is extent, how far the servo horn will travel. usually leaving this setting alone is ok because you can control it from your transmitter using travel adjust menu or dual rates. The little oscillations you feel are pretty normal, the turbulence of the air causes tiny little tremors and causes the fbl unit to make tiny little corrections. It can be a little disconcerting, if you are a newer flier, but your best bet is to just fly right through it. Plus it's just good practice for getting used to flying in windy conditions.
Thanks, really helpful to know that its normal. With a quad, you would normally eliminate any oscillations. Continues wind is ok, need to get used to sudden small gust. I was flying it forward away from me then a sudden down wind picked up the heli it suddenly it went fast and high. I was able to control it eventually and landed it pretty far away from me.