HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 30, 2012, 08:12 AM
United States, MD, Ellicott City
Joined Feb 2010
191 Posts
ok so what is the difference between the V1 and V2, which one is better and why?
MIDNCOCO is offline Find More Posts by MIDNCOCO
to remove ads between posts
Old May 30, 2012, 04:26 PM
Enjoying the sunshine
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Feb 2011
2,955 Posts
It appears that the only obvious difference is the addition of a crystal.
The V1 is like any KK board and the internal "8.0MHz" clock could be anywhere between 7.3 and 8.1MHz. The V2 could be feasibly be clocked up to 16MHz with an external crystal but I doubt they do anything tricky enough to need that.
I, on the other hand would love the crystal as I have serial comms for the LCD and GUI interface with NeXtcopterPlus and OpenAero. I am forced to get users to do an "Autotune" to calibrate their boards to a PC via the GUI. That takes care of the crappy clock issue but is a step that having a crystal would negate.
HappySundays is offline Find More Posts by HappySundays
Old Jun 05, 2012, 06:37 PM
Enjoying the sunshine
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Feb 2011
2,955 Posts
I'm not sure which is the best i86 / Eagle N6 thread to be posting development notes on but this seems the longest-running one. I'll put more info on my blog.

Here's a sneak preview of OpenAero on the HobbyKing i86 / Eagle N6 V1 hardware.

OpenAero on the HobbyKing i86 / Eagle N6 (0 min 20 sec)
HappySundays is offline Find More Posts by HappySundays
Old Jun 11, 2012, 10:46 PM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Nov 2011
949 Posts
The HK i86 is back in stock again.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ol_Board_.html
Erknie is offline Find More Posts by Erknie
Old Jun 20, 2012, 02:17 PM
United States, FL, St Petersburg
Joined Nov 2005
1,396 Posts
Received my i86 today and setting it up and running into a problem. I'm able to arm everything works like it should but then I go to disarm and before it does it throttles up all the way for like 2 seconds before it turns off. Read the manual and can't find anything about this maybe someone can chime in and help me out I would appreciate it.

Thank's
Chad2323 is online now Find More Posts by Chad2323
Old Jun 20, 2012, 02:37 PM
United States, AZ, Seligman
Joined Nov 2011
413 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad2323 View Post
Received my i86 today and setting it up and running into a problem. I'm able to arm everything works like it should but then I go to disarm and before it does it throttles up all the way for like 2 seconds before it turns off. Read the manual and can't find anything about this maybe someone can chime in and help me out I would appreciate it.

Thank's
I don't know how to fix it, but here's some info on the problem http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1669859
Dave8888 is offline Find More Posts by Dave8888
Old Jun 20, 2012, 02:58 PM
Joined Nov 2005
1,396 Posts
Thank's Dave thats the problem will swap out the esc to non flashed ones.

Chet
Old Jun 25, 2012, 12:31 PM
No you cant fly it.
United States, CA, Ridgecrest
Joined Mar 2011
1,257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad2323 View Post

Thank's
Dang that's crazy! So did it launch out of control the first time you did that? That would scare the crap out of me! So do you actually have to arm and disarm the i86? On my original eagle there is no arming and disarming, just wait for it to initialize and it's ready to fly.
kicekilla is offline Find More Posts by kicekilla
Old Jun 26, 2012, 10:40 AM
Joined Nov 2005
1,396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kicekilla View Post
Dang that's crazy! So did it launch out of control the first time you did that? That would scare the crap out of me! So do you actually have to arm and disarm the i86? On my original eagle there is no arming and disarming, just wait for it to initialize and it's ready to fly.
Yea it scared the crap out of me it just took off and hit my blinds thank god it went another direction then me lol.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 06:50 PM
United States, TX
Joined Oct 2009
432 Posts
Problem

I've had this board for several days now. Got it all hooked up, checked my connections multiple times, calibrated, but can't seem to get it to arm. Anybody had this problem yet? I'm about to start tearing my hair out...
nige838 is offline Find More Posts by nige838
Old Nov 19, 2012, 01:32 AM
Joined Mar 2012
9 Posts
Hi All!
Where it is possible to download it Eagle N6 original firmware ?
Thanks Karl
karee2 is offline Find More Posts by karee2
Old Nov 19, 2012, 09:26 AM
Joined Mar 2012
9 Posts
A quadrocoptert it would like to be controlled with him!
karee2 is offline Find More Posts by karee2
Old Jan 05, 2014, 07:19 PM
Joined Aug 2013
25 Posts
i know this thread is old but i just got this board and im having a hell of a time balancing it =/ i dont know how to adjust it and it wont fly stable keeps flopping over and stuff.
lokster is offline Find More Posts by lokster