SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
to remove ads between posts
Old May 12, 2011, 04:17 PM
United States, CA, Chino Hills
Joined Mar 2007
376 Posts
Looking awesome Jack

Wow Jack, your knocking this bird out. I really like that nose gear assembly looks very strong. BVM always has had very good modular systems for gear retention and also in case of a problem a breakaway solution. The hatch looks really good you should be flying in no time. Also that scheme is awesome, I been tempted by yellow since it is very good visually from far distances.

Jeff
RCSCALEGUY is offline Find More Posts by RCSCALEGUY
Old May 12, 2011, 04:19 PM
HAL... Open the damn doors!
Miramar, Florida
Joined Jul 2007
8,469 Posts
Day #4

Even more pics...
jfetter is offline Find More Posts by jfetter
Old May 12, 2011, 04:20 PM
Miramar, Florida
Joined Jul 2007
8,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCSCALEGUY View Post
Wow Jack, your knocking this bird out. I really like that nose gear assembly looks very strong. BVM always has had very good modular systems for gear retention and also in case of a problem a breakaway solution. The hatch looks really good you should be flying in no time. Also that scheme is awesome, I been tempted by yellow since it is very good visually from far distances.

Jeff
I love the colors, the BVM Yellow/Black/Red Bandit (close to this one) is my favorite. Yes, BVM does gear right, it's pricey but well thought out and with his break away gear plates, I've never damaged my plane but rather they've broken off as designed and made for little more than a $20 repair for a new set...

Jack
Old May 12, 2011, 04:25 PM
Renegade Fun Forever!!
Fontana, California, United States
Joined Jul 2004
27,341 Posts
Very Nice Jack! Maybe tis year when I get my bonus...................
rvincent is offline Find More Posts by rvincent
Old May 12, 2011, 04:32 PM
Miramar, Florida
Joined Jul 2007
8,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvincent View Post
Very Nice Jack! Maybe tis year when I get my bonus...................
My experience with that is the employees lay on the floor and say "bonus"... Usually management complies...
Old May 12, 2011, 04:53 PM
High Dynamic Thrust
United States, FL, Mt Dora
Joined Feb 2007
2,297 Posts
whats the deal on those lil electra looking birds?? can i get my hands on one somehow??

Grazie, -Robert.
stoneenforcer is offline Find More Posts by stoneenforcer
Old May 12, 2011, 04:56 PM
High Dynamic Thrust
Joined Feb 2007
2,297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by badbill View Post
Man, I love it! Here's my new one,not an arf, still awaiting fan/rx installation. Can't remember if I showed it to you at SEFF or not?

Bill Davenport
AMA 28141
good looking bird Bill!
Old May 12, 2011, 05:24 PM
BVM Viper Fever
United States, OH, Dayton
Joined Apr 2004
5,515 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneenforcer View Post
whats the deal on those lil electra looking birds?? can i get my hands on one somehow??
Unfortunately there is not enough time to produce them...just a personal project for now.
I am planning to paint the current one under construction to match Jfetter's paint job. I agree with him...its a very nice, scheme! Great build thread so far Jack.....would like to eventually see it in person!
pdawg is offline Find More Posts by pdawg
Old May 12, 2011, 06:13 PM
Miramar, Florida
Joined Jul 2007
8,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdawg View Post
Unfortunately there is not enough time to produce them...just a personal project for now.
I am planning to paint the current one under construction to match Jfetter's paint job. I agree with him...its a very nice, scheme! Great build thread so far Jack.....would like to eventually see it in person!
If all goes well, this Wednesday ;-)
Old May 12, 2011, 09:54 PM
High Dynamic Thrust
Joined Feb 2007
2,297 Posts
ok. if you change your mind. Im just looking for one.
Old May 12, 2011, 10:26 PM
Dream Build Fly Scale
Philadelphia, PA
Joined Oct 2004
2,874 Posts
I spotted it! Post #30. A single speck of dust.
In all seriousness, awesome build thread Jack. Very clean and demonstrates both the industry leading quality of BVM, but also your patience and attention to detail in the build. Looking forward to more updates.
Sean
strictlyscale is offline Find More Posts by strictlyscale
Old May 12, 2011, 10:56 PM
Miramar, Florida
Joined Jul 2007
8,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by strictlyscale View Post
I spotted it! Post #30. A single speck of dust.
In all seriousness, awesome build thread Jack. Very clean and demonstrates both the industry leading quality of BVM, but also your patience and attention to detail in the build. Looking forward to more updates.
Sean
Thanks for the compliment! In all seriousness, I learned the hard way about getting glue on everything. You don't realize how many fingerprints you can put on a nice shiny surface until you see it in the sun and you weren't careful. I make it a point now to do my bulk epoxy work a the end of the day (and only tack parts up until then) as well as make use of epoxy guns and mixing nozzles where there is no mixing and you shoot it right where you need it. Turns out mixing cups and popsickle sticks while handy, are also quite messy. I make it a point to buy a pack of 20 mixing nozzles for the gun and a few packs of cheap, throw away brushes for evey build, well worth the $30!

Jack
Old May 13, 2011, 08:26 PM
Houng-wen Lin
Shijr, Taiwan. DungGwan, China. City of Industry, California.
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair nut View Post
jack....you suck! thats a GORGEOUS model!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bad bill....awsome scheme!!!!!!!!!!

mac has some cool toys for sure. im hoping to make it back to seff next year. missed the last 2.

jack....tell rob he better come to CA jets next year (you too for that matter) i need to get some stick time on one of these beauts...maybe its a bad idea...because then id probably want one really bad insanely good craftsmanship.

im not sure if you saw the electrolyte articles in fly rc the last couple months, the red one was mine. ive got a new fresh kit to start from...its a 1/3 scale electra flies extremely well too. and with 400W on a 40mm...it does 120mph....and its a 20" ws probably as close to a electra as ill ever get
What's EDF unit were used?

Wounder GWS EDF40 with 2018BL motor will be a great choice for you.
GWS4CEO is offline Find More Posts by GWS4CEO
Old May 13, 2011, 08:28 PM
Houng-wen Lin
Shijr, Taiwan. DungGwan, China. City of Industry, California.
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
What servo will be your choice for such nice JET?

What torque? Speed? weight were concerned?

May I suggest you to use GWS new accurate S03N3?

Speed and torque factor similar ( slightly better than JR8911 or 8915 ). Pls carefully read the performance to be compared with both Japanese hot sales servos.

S03N3 is a better choice, even motor live span will be longer!

Gears match even better than JR! Hard to find the back lash when turing by your hand.

This time GWS servos step into military grade accuracy of performance! While we provide this result for hobby application who need very accurate control for speedy or big size JETs!
GWS4CEO is offline Find More Posts by GWS4CEO
Last edited by GWS4CEO; May 13, 2011 at 08:47 PM.