SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 12, 2014, 07:55 AM
Krakow/POLAND
Joined Dec 2009
1,734 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by swartzracing View Post
Hey Quadframe Crew! Lets get some videos posted. We have good convo here, but wheres all the videos?
Camera operator is on vacation Will be back soon.

Meantime...

Mój film (0 min 33 sec)

q
Jakub J is offline Find More Posts by Jakub J
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 12, 2014, 12:43 PM
Aerial Operator
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Feb 2012
692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakub J View Post
Camera operator is on vacation Will be back soon.

Meantime...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wC-n6Sv4RHg

q
Nice flying Jakub
swartzracing is offline Find More Posts by swartzracing
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Drone Cowboys
Old Sep 16, 2014, 05:12 AM
Joined Sep 2004
5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastFPV View Post
Sure just don't judge me I actually got it from HobbyKing.
- http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...struction.html

I really do like the gimbal although the vibration mount could be a bit larger. I may purchase the dampener from Jakub and somehow mount it up. I like the design of the gimbal frame itself, it is very strong. I changed a bunch of the cheap fasteners with 1/4" socket head screws.

I did have to tune the board a bit but it works pretty good for under $200!

Jake
Hi Jake,

I am interested to mount this HK gimbal on the same frame, although on a smaller config (325mm arms, 15" or 16"props, 400KV, 6S), it seems that you have the 215mm landing gear, can you tell me what is the clearance you have between the gimbal and the ground please. BTW, would you have a picture showing the mount underneath and did you install the Jakub dampener ?
Did you try the 16mm pancake lens on the Nex5 on your setup ?

Thank you.
Patrick
patrick99 is offline Find More Posts by patrick99
Old Sep 16, 2014, 09:10 PM
United States, VT, Barre
Joined Nov 2013
668 Posts
Should have a 3-axis on the way tomorrow (thanks P!). Looking forward to slapping a phobotic on here and seeing what we can come up with. With any luck I should be blue to get some aerial footage of leave-changing season up here in Vermont.

Thanks to everyone for all the info provided here.
motopreserve is offline Find More Posts by motopreserve
Old Sep 16, 2014, 10:32 PM
Aerial Operator
Joined Feb 2012
692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by motopreserve View Post
Should have a 3-axis on the way tomorrow (thanks P!). Looking forward to slapping a phobotic on here and seeing what we can come up with. With any luck I should be blue to get some aerial footage of leave-changing season up here in Vermont.

Congrats man! I have everything ready to go with mine, just waiting to here from samur about running anything higher than a 3s battery. Guess a few people have burnt their boards out.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 16, 2014, 10:32 PM
Aerial Operator
Joined Feb 2012
692 Posts
Quote:

BTW does your name have anything to do with motocross?
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 16, 2014, 11:48 PM
United States, VT, Barre
Joined Nov 2013
668 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by swartzracing View Post
BTW does your name have anything to do with motocross?
Although I have gotten back into dirt riding for the first time in 25 year, I would be far from motocross

Motopreserve is the business I have rebuilding mostly vintage bikes and I make some custom parts.

Over on the other forum someone mention there possibly bing an issue with "cinestar style" landing gear. No idea what that means and there has t been clarification. Hope it's not a reference to the rotating type legs or I'm screwed.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 01:40 AM
Aerial Operator
Joined Feb 2012
692 Posts
Quote:
Although I have gotten back into dirt riding for the first time in 25 year, I would be far from motocross

Motopreserve is the business I have rebuilding mostly vintage bikes and I make some custom parts.

Over on the other forum someone mention there possibly bing an issue with "cinestar style" landing gear. No idea what that means and there has t been clarification. Hope it's not a reference to the rotating type legs or I'm screwed.
Oh ok, I use to race motocross all growing up, decided to give it up after having too many hits to the head ha.

The issue with cinestar style landing gear is that theres lots of inertia usually and that can be too much for the yaw motor to handle is some instances. I don't think there should be an issue with jakubs style since its very lightweight compared to the cinestar type. Also the huge bearing for the yaw axis is very rigid which will be ideal. We will have to see how it goes. Worst comes to worst you can always go to retractable landing gear.

Cheers,
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 17, 2014, 06:58 AM
United States, VT, Barre
Joined Nov 2013
668 Posts
I dread retracts.

In my dreams I'm racing motor cross, but then I wake up and realize I just crashed in the woods . I've been having a ball here though. Great trails and back roads that offer a cool perspective of Vermont most probably miss.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 07:09 PM
Aerial Operator
Joined Feb 2012
692 Posts
Quote:
I dread retracts.

In my dreams I'm racing motor cross, but then I wake up and realize I just crashed in the woods . I've been having a ball here though. Great trails and back roads that offer a cool perspective of Vermont most probably miss.
Looks like thats are only option if we are to use the phobotic centerpiece. Bummed to hear about it not working with 3-axis landing gear at the moment. If anyone has any PIDS for alexmos for a GH series camera, please share them.

I don't know what I'm going to use the phobotic for now
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 18, 2014, 07:35 PM
United States, VT, Barre
Joined Nov 2013
668 Posts
I'm not sure I'd rule it out yet (unless you have a gog very soon). Or have you tried it already? I think the issue they've seen is with only the 1 gimbal made by hexacrafter which has quite heavy legs. Even hexacrafter seems confident phobotic can get it tweaked. The lighter legs on the quadframe unit may be fine.

The big issue seems to be making sure there is a yaw lock on the controller. I don't have personal experience with this - so I'm basing this on what I've read. But it seems we could be spinning in circles if that isn't implemented

Do you have experience with gimbals with full rotation yet? Maybe Jakub could weigh in and explain what actually occurs of there is no yaw lock for lift off and landings?

With my current gimbal I was able to do a test flight yesterday and was pretty impressed with the results. Jakub gimbal arrived today. Will be building early next week.