HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 29, 2010, 11:54 AM
Newton and I are good friends
United States, NC, Asheville
Joined Jan 2009
2,050 Posts
Discussion
Dynam 65mm A-10

Is this yet another rebranded model? if so which one?
Is it like a few of the other A-10's in that installing retracts will be almost impossible.
Any info on this one guys will be truly appreciated. Dont like buying without reading something on this forum about a product first. Not into the guinea pig or lab rat thing. tks DJ

Update: Get yours at http://www.hobbyshopwarehouse.com/
olwarbirds is offline Find More Posts by olwarbirds
Last edited by olwarbirds; Feb 13, 2011 at 11:27 PM. Reason: Update
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 30, 2010, 08:27 AM
Joined Jan 2009
2,050 Posts
WOW...cant believe nobody else has this model yet, is it that new. I guess that ill have to play lab rat and be the first to try it out then. DJ
Old Jun 30, 2010, 09:52 AM
Houston, TX
Joined Jan 2008
5,757 Posts
I've been searching/waiting for info too. What draws me to this model is the extra large lipo space for flexibility and c.g. management. I'm not funded enough to be guinea pig though...
dude_109 is offline Find More Posts by dude_109
Old Jun 30, 2010, 10:16 AM
Joined Jan 2009
2,050 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude_109 View Post
I've been searching/waiting for info too. What draws me to this model is the extra large lipo space for flexibility and c.g. management. I'm not funded enough to be guinea pig though...
Dude, exactly man..it appears to be have alot of lipo space, also looks to have easy access to fans & motors for a 4s upgrade if wanted..I wud really like to know if i can put in a set of electric retracts....im really thinking im gonna go ahead and get one and be the guinea pig this time, then this can be the discussion, build and upgrade thread....DJ
Old Jun 30, 2010, 10:41 AM
Houston, TX
Joined Jan 2008
5,757 Posts
You da man...

BTW, how's the Skyraider development coming along?
dude_109 is offline Find More Posts by dude_109
Old Jun 30, 2010, 11:01 AM
Joined Jan 2009
2,050 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude_109 View Post
You da man...

BTW, how's the Skyraider development coming along?
Dude tks man...its still in limbo...legal bs...im tryn to have it so we are the exclusive dealer, thats the prob.

Im gonna talk with nitroplanes today and see if I can get a few questions answered clearly, if they respond good to my inquiries I will order one and then we wil find out whats up....DJ
Old Jun 30, 2010, 12:11 PM
Joined Jan 2009
2,050 Posts
Update

Tried calling to talk to tech support. Was on hold from 12:03 est to 1:00 est. Ive ordered and dealt with NP numerous times with no probs. BUT !!! this is a new item that im not seeing to much response too.

If anyone else has this plane pls speak up.

1. Is it worth getting
2. what kind of connectors are on the esc and provided lipo.
3. do you think retracts can be installed
4. does it really fly as nice as in dealers vid
5. hows the finish look

Seen in the vid that the landing gear is rather springy, maybe thats a good thing, might help it from breaking a weak frame or mount. Also looked like it had plenty of pwr but the vid is from the dealer, no others have been posted yet.
Old Jun 30, 2010, 12:34 PM
Make the best of all you have
Essen/Germany
Joined Dec 2006
569 Posts
It is very simmilar to the starmax A-10, but EPO and with an opening cabine and without the retracts...

http://cgi.ebay.de/A10-A-10-Warthog-...item5d29bb24d7

I own this one...

Rolf
beetyii is offline Find More Posts by beetyii
Last edited by beetyii; Jun 30, 2010 at 05:44 PM.
Old Jun 30, 2010, 01:07 PM
Joined Jan 2009
2,050 Posts
Rolf, tks for the info and pics man. Sure is alot of nice looking A-10's on the market to choose from now, im really torn tween this one and the bit bigger j-power. DJ
Old Jul 01, 2010, 12:10 AM
This is high school for you...
Longmont, CO
Joined Jan 2009
244 Posts
It is a nice looking plane, but we need flight reports and videos!
A10 man is offline Find More Posts by A10 man
Old Jul 03, 2010, 08:53 PM
Adirondack Mtns. New York
Joined Nov 2009
20 Posts
Dynam A-10

Guys I got this plane 2 weeks ago, it's my first jet and looks good.
Last week I went to the field to fly, we have a grass strip so I wasn't sure it would take off, well it didn't, the wheels are too small for grass and it has a nose down attitude so it wouldn't rotate. I really want to be able to take off without using a catapult.
I ordered bigger wheels and they came in the other day, I put a 2 1/2" wheel on the nose and 1 7/8" wheels on the mains, it came with 1 1/2" wheels.
The aircraft appears to have plenty of power but if it still won't take-off from grass I'll upgrade to a 4 cell lipo.
Tomorrow I'm going to the field, I'll let you all know how it goes.
larry mihalik is offline Find More Posts by larry mihalik
Old Jul 03, 2010, 08:59 PM
Were..is..my..Super..Suit ..
United States, NE, Papillion
Joined Sep 2009
2,510 Posts
Have you tried hand lauching it?

j3tman,
j3tman is offline Find More Posts by j3tman
Old Jul 03, 2010, 09:16 PM
Joined Nov 2009
20 Posts
Yes, after 2 attempted grass takeoffs we tried a hand launch, it rolled left into the ground. The cannon broke off but no other damage, I glued the cannon back on but I'm not sure if it will shoot now.
Old Jul 04, 2010, 10:00 AM
Joined Jan 2009
2,050 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by j3tman View Post
Have you tried hand lauching it?

j3tman,
Samething i was gonna ask...

If it dropped off hard to left, then two things...one..cg needs changed so its not so nose heavy...second...balance plane nose to tail and see if it drops off to left and double check the ailerons to make sure there still right...also is your angle of attack on nose high, level or low.... if its low that will keep a jet from wanting to lift....tks for info Larry look forward to hearing more... DJ
Old Jul 04, 2010, 07:15 PM
Joined Nov 2009
20 Posts
Well today was a no go, when I got to the field this morning the wind was starting to gust, I flew the Catalina but it was real bumpy, I decided to wait till tomorrow and if the winds are down try the A-10.
One of the guys catapult launched his F-22, it was really bouncing around, he came in for a low pass made a sharp turn and lost it, wing broke on impact.

DJ, the cg on the A-10 was set to the CG listed in the instructions, the Nitro planes video mentioned that he was not comfortable with the nose heavy feel of the plane in the position they suggested and it seemed to fly better when he moved it further back, I might do this also. All the control surfaces are lined up correctly and their is no tendency to be wing heavy on either side.
With the original wheels the aircraft did have a nose down attitude that's why I put the larger wheel on the nose gear and now it sits at a slight up angle.
Thanks for your input I'll report how it goes if I get to fly tomorrow.