HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 18, 2014, 11:30 PM
United States, IL, Glenwood
Joined Nov 2013
563 Posts
They are 3 mm
Gregertman is online now Find More Posts by Gregertman
Last edited by Gregertman; Yesterday at 02:12 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 08:10 AM
Yin & Yang
United States, VA, Sterling
Joined Jul 2011
3,964 Posts
You guy's should all know that this is in the manual. But it's all good so here's what you want to know.
Liberty10 is offline Find More Posts by Liberty10
Old Yesterday, 12:53 PM
Team Extreme Flight, JR, BandE
Georgetown, IN
Joined Dec 2003
1,951 Posts
Alan, I am amazed on a daily basis the questions that get asked and the information in the manual that answers them.
Jeff
jwilliamsrc is offline Find More Posts by jwilliamsrc
Old Yesterday, 01:34 PM
3D? I only got two thumbs!
United States, MA
Joined Jul 2012
1,212 Posts
The manual is not necessarily the source of all wisdom. The manual for the 60" Edge says "Secure the landing gear to the fuselage by inserting 4 of the 3mm bolts into a washer" (top of page 12), and it also says "Mount the Torque motor using the supplied 3mm black socket head cap bolts" (page 19). Those two are different size screws. They can't both be 3mm!
AeroKen is offline Find More Posts by AeroKen
Old Yesterday, 02:36 PM
Yin & Yang
Joined Jul 2011
3,964 Posts
Your def. right Ken. I'll be the first to admit the manuals are not as good as they could be. But when you consider all the build video's out there & how many people are like my wife and think instructions are for Alan (other people) to read so I can ask him (them). How much effort to revise them would you put in?

But the Edge manual does have the SFG info.
Old Yesterday, 03:12 PM
3D? I only got two thumbs!
United States, MA
Joined Jul 2012
1,212 Posts
My point is just because the manual says the screws are a certain size doesn't mean they really are

BUT, I'm not ragging on the manuals, EF does an excellent job. Between the manual, the build videos, and some of the build threads done by team pilots for various planes there is basically nothing you shouldn't be able to figure out.
AeroKen is offline Find More Posts by AeroKen
Last edited by AeroKen; Yesterday at 03:13 PM. Reason: Replace old school smiley :-) with modern smiley :)
Old Yesterday, 03:39 PM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
16,819 Posts
In other news, 7.4 volt servos kick ass.

Doc Austin is offline Find More Posts by Doc Austin
Old Yesterday, 04:13 PM
Joined Nov 2013
563 Posts
Well I must have a horse shoe up my you know what this week. I got extremely lucky with my first mishap on Wednesday. Knife edged her right into the ground that was just a little to low. did a few cartwheels. I was expecting it to be a pile of scrap. Nope the only thing was broke the landing gear. So I replaced it with my spare. Flew 4 more times that day. Then yesterday I was coming in for a landing and I knew I should of goosed the throttle just a tuch, but I didn't. So I hit the edge of the runway with the tires in the grass. My runway sticks up about 2 inches above the grass. So you know what happend it stopped Immediately. Ripped the landing gear block out. Good news is its totally fixable. I will be doing that in a few minutes. So I have decided to get a new friend for my edge to hang out with. The only question is witch one next. Yak, mxs or laser. Decisions decisions decisions. Well I have the weekend to decide because Monday I will be ordering my next EF 48 inch plane.
Old Yesterday, 04:57 PM
United States, AK, Anchorage
Joined Oct 2011
4,633 Posts
Extra is a nice bird and shouldn't be overlooked IMO. Favorite, followed by the Laser
bryansifsof44 is offline Find More Posts by bryansifsof44
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Weights for planes
Old Yesterday, 05:23 PM
Yin & Yang
Joined Jul 2011
3,964 Posts
I'd say Extra but if I had the 48" Laser I would probably be saying the same thing as Brian. And as much as I like Extras I don't have the 60" Maybe after the 74" Laser
Old Yesterday, 05:30 PM
Team Extreme Flight, JR, BandE
Georgetown, IN
Joined Dec 2003
1,951 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroKen View Post

BUT, I'm not ragging on the manuals, EF does an excellent job. Between the manual, the build videos, and some of the build threads done by team pilots for various planes there is basically nothing you shouldn't be able to figure out.
Very true.
Jeff
jwilliamsrc is offline Find More Posts by jwilliamsrc
Old Yesterday, 06:42 PM
Joined Nov 2013
563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryansifsof44 View Post
Extra is a nice bird and shouldn't be overlooked IMO. Favorite, followed by the Laser
I wasn't overlooking the extra . Just maybe a little impatient. Extra is not in stock. Maybe I will just wait until it comes back. I'm sure it will be soon. Although I'm sure I will end up with all of them sooner or later. They just fly so dam nice. Loads of fun.