New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 18, 2015, 11:24 AM
Find More Posts by DeLaReef123
United States, CA, Orange
Joined Mar 2014
258 Posts
Neil, I have not fussed with the data loggers so I don't have an answer for ya. I would imagine that the absence of the red servo lead to the receiver should not affect the data logging as the logger should only care about what is happening in the ESC.
To be sure, you may want to reconnect the red line from the ESC to reciever, disconnect your existing BEC and to a test run up on the motor to see if the logger catches that one.

Looking forward to the photos!
DeLaReef123 is offline Find More Posts by DeLaReef123
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 18, 2015, 02:01 PM
Find More Posts by Rem Fodder
Radio-active flyer
Canada, ON, Port Hope
Joined Apr 2012
1,415 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll give that a try.
Rem Fodder is offline Find More Posts by Rem Fodder
Old Aug 19, 2015, 08:56 PM
Find More Posts by Rem Fodder
Radio-active flyer
Canada, ON, Port Hope
Joined Apr 2012
1,415 Posts
The disconnected red wire was the issue. Re-connected the pin into the socket and data retrieval was made possible. I had a chance to view the data that was saved but to be honest there was so many data points that I had difficulty sorting out which plot was which in relation to the individual flights logged. What I did determine was that the avg current draw on the 17x8 prop was in the neighborhood of 18 amps. The logger was erased so the next few flights can be captured and I can get a better handle on what the system is doing.
Rem Fodder is offline Find More Posts by Rem Fodder