SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 29, 2014, 09:49 PM
SVX
Joined Oct 2002
637 Posts
Discussion
Flyzone Corsair....with a little paint

Hey guys,

Just finished my Flyzone Corsair and wanted to share some pics.

It took 3 tail wheel retracts before I got one that would work. I vacuformed the gear doors and as much as I would've liked to add a tail hook, the design of the stabilizer didn't allow it. I also added flaps, made a semi scale radial engine and corrected the vertical stabilizer, rudder, and tail cone to a more scale look.

I applied flite metal to the canopy and added the antenna masts. The airframe was then airbrushed using latex paint and weathered with various acrylics and chalk.

Haven't flown her yet as I am in the middle of radios at the moment, but I used my old radio to slow the retracts and bought a servo slower from hobby king for one retract so I could stagger them when retracted.

Think that's about it, enjoy the pics
SVX is online now Find More Posts by SVX
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 29, 2014, 09:55 PM
United States, MN, Odin
Joined Aug 2010
356 Posts
Looks great man! Keep up the good work!
Redhood is offline Find More Posts by Redhood
Old Jul 29, 2014, 10:22 PM
United States, CA, Glendale
Joined May 2010
415 Posts
Lovely looking work. Best of luck with the maiden. If she flies half as good as she looks you have a keeper.
LimitingFactor is online now Find More Posts by LimitingFactor
Old Jul 30, 2014, 11:14 AM
SVX
Joined Oct 2002
637 Posts
Thanks guys,

I have downloaded the videos of this one flying and am encouraged. Seems like a solid airframe. I hope I can get it in the air this season.

Dust
SVX is online now Find More Posts by SVX
Old Jul 30, 2014, 11:32 AM
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Dec 2009
1,062 Posts
Very nice job
Bad Creation is offline Find More Posts by Bad Creation
Old Jul 30, 2014, 06:15 PM
United States, CT, Hartland
Joined Jul 2011
144 Posts
Looks fantastic! Just the right amount of weathering (it's so easy to overdo it).
aymodeler is offline Find More Posts by aymodeler
Old Jul 30, 2014, 06:50 PM
Gentle 'Bella'
Augusta, KS USA
Joined Dec 2007
4,651 Posts
SVX -

Very nice..!! Lots of work on those flaps and the recessed motor. Really pays off for you. Getting that 'weathered blue jeans look' isn't easy or these factories would learn how, lol..!
gnats82 is offline Find More Posts by gnats82
Old Sep 04, 2014, 09:46 AM
The Hun in the Sun
Canada, BC, Comox
Joined Nov 2003
7,383 Posts
Super job with the airbrush. Great artistry!
vonJaerschky is offline Find More Posts by vonJaerschky
Old Sep 04, 2014, 11:23 AM
yank and bank!!
Joined May 2013
2,036 Posts
Everything inside my head screams "don't fly it" because it looks so good!!.... but for me a plane should be flown in most cases
failboat is offline Find More Posts by failboat