SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 15, 2012, 07:41 AM
brooklyn,ny
Joined Jul 2007
2,277 Posts
bummer , but after using this product for past 2 weeks, im sure the company will do very well as the formulation is just to valuable for our hobby! no foam builder should be without 2-3 bottles of this on there supply

-pete
meanbaby is offline Find More Posts by meanbaby
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Polaris #58 control horn
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 15, 2012, 08:00 AM
When pigs fly rc
USA, NY, Chester
Joined Apr 2008
2,463 Posts
I agree Pete, it's a great glue and my only wish would be a bigger bottle size that stands on it nozzle so the glue is always ready to dispense.
rcrich is offline Find More Posts by rcrich
Old Oct 15, 2012, 09:15 AM
Howell N.J
Joined Apr 2001
630 Posts
Foam Tac

Hey Guys, Just so you know, the contest is not over, we just have to move it over. It is still happening. Except now all rules and calling it a contest here on RCgroups is not allowed to non-sponsors. You guys can keep it going and I will contact the winners privately. We will post all winning pictures on the Beacon web site as well as announce the winners there too. If you want to post your winning entries on here you can. I would post a picture of my project and then if I win I can also post it here by saying something like "hey look what I won" just for posting my projects on Beacon's web site, Get it? It is the same as before except you post on Beacon's site for your entry, and then post here just to show your skills.No Harm No Foul.... So get to "clicken and sticken" and keep the pix coming.
Thanks
Eric G
The "Deacon of Beacon"
Eric Giorgiantonio is offline Find More Posts by Eric Giorgiantonio
Old Oct 15, 2012, 09:30 AM
United States, NY, Kings
Joined Feb 2006
879 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meanbaby View Post
brought zip dry by beacon and foam tac to field for a few field repairs, before and after pics

they love it, both was back in air in about 15 min repairing the rudder, both product did the job

the after pic, they both held the plane by the rudder to show the grip it had, better then original!
Actually I've got an impression that FoamTac sets quicker and grabs stronger than the Zip Dry. On the rudders it did not make much difference - both worked well. But on a wing repair on an A-10 (not shown on the pictures), the Zip did not work very well - the crack kept separating even after a couple of hours. Ended up re-gluing the crack with FoamTac and it felt that this glue grabbed stronger and quicker and did not separate any more.

Eric, is it true, is it supposed to be like that or is it just a false impression and a coincidence ?

Sergey.
SergeyK is offline Find More Posts by SergeyK
Old Oct 15, 2012, 09:37 AM
brooklyn,ny
Joined Jul 2007
2,277 Posts
heres the a10 pics
meanbaby is offline Find More Posts by meanbaby
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Polaris #58 control horn
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:41 AM
Joined Oct 2004
533 Posts
Yes sorry about that, so where do we go now to enter the contest?
OD
olddog is offline Find More Posts by olddog
Old Oct 15, 2012, 11:45 AM
Howell N.J
Joined Apr 2001
630 Posts
Foam Tac repairs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeyK View Post
Actually I've got an impression that FoamTac sets quicker and grabs stronger than the Zip Dry. On the rudders it did not make much difference - both worked well. But on a wing repair on an A-10 (not shown on the pictures), the Zip did not work very well - the crack kept separating even after a couple of hours. Ended up re-gluing the crack with FoamTac and it felt that this glue grabbed stronger and quicker and did not separate any more.

Eric, is it true, is it supposed to be like that or is it just a false impression and a coincidence ?

Sergey.
Hey Sergey, Depends how you use it. Zip-dry is a really good glue for EPP and EPO, and wood, it works best when you spread it real thin. So I would use Foam-Tac first yes it takes longer to dry but if you have to fill a crack like the one you describe to me the Foam-Tac is the way to go because both glues need air to dry, Zip-dry has solvent in it so it dries faster but if you fill a crack with it the outside of repair dries faster because it is exposed to air and seals the crack so now no air gets inside and glue will take a very long time to cure. If you do the same with foam-Tac it takes longer to dry, the outside stays wet and lets air get to inside so it cures evenly giving you a stronger repair joint, hope this makes sense to you if not let me know and I will try to explain it better,

Eric G
Old Oct 15, 2012, 11:56 AM
Howell N.J
Joined Apr 2001
630 Posts
Foam Tac Contest moved....

Quote:
Originally Posted by olddog View Post
Yes sorry about that, so where do we go now to enter the contest?
OD
Hey OD, sorry for the confusion, you can continue to post your pix for the contest here on the scratch built foamies thread, just for the time being don't refer to it as a Foam-Tac contest entry. You can say you used Foam-Tac and post your project, but real soon you will also have to post it on Beacon's web site as that will be the official location for the Foam-Tac contest, We can do everything else here, I just can't call it a contest or ask people to post their pixs for prizes on RCgroups because I cannot buy a sponsorship at this time. If I were a sponsor on here then I could run a contest, so temporarily post all you want and send me a PM telling me it's for the contest until I get the Beacon contest web site setup and running, you get it?
Eric G
Old Oct 16, 2012, 08:57 PM
When pigs fly rc
USA, NY, Chester
Joined Apr 2008
2,463 Posts
rc bird model plane foam and beacon foam tac glue (2 min 28 sec)

My latest build with MPF and beacon foam tac glue.
I will upload some pictures soon.
rcrich is offline Find More Posts by rcrich
Old Oct 17, 2012, 05:13 AM
Joined Oct 2004
533 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrich View Post
http://youtu.be/e4cD4t2eVs8

My latest build with MPF and beacon foam tac glue.
I will upload some pictures soon.
Looks like a nice one there RC
OD
Old Oct 17, 2012, 05:14 AM
Joined Oct 2004
533 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Giorgiantonio View Post
Hey OD, sorry for the confusion, you can continue to post your pix for the contest here on the scratch built foamies thread, just for the time being don't refer to it as a Foam-Tac contest entry. You can say you used Foam-Tac and post your project, but real soon you will also have to post it on Beacon's web site as that will be the official location for the Foam-Tac contest, We can do everything else here, I just can't call it a contest or ask people to post their pixs for prizes on RCgroups because I cannot buy a sponsorship at this time. If I were a sponsor on here then I could run a contest, so temporarily post all you want and send me a PM telling me it's for the contest until I get the Beacon contest web site setup and running, you get it?
Eric G
Ok thanks Eric
OD
Old Oct 17, 2012, 06:42 AM
The 1st Sofaman
United States, NJ, Hawthorne
Joined Mar 2012
494 Posts
RC Rich, The RC Bird was a lot of fun to watch. Thanks so much for posting it. Loos like a blast to fly.

Dave
Sofaman NJ is offline Find More Posts by Sofaman NJ
Old Oct 17, 2012, 09:45 AM
Don't cut the Yellow Wire
Ridgewood ,NJ
Joined Jan 2000
3,542 Posts
This thread has been moved to here

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1750090
dr.E is offline Find More Posts by dr.E
Old Jan 19, 2013, 12:26 PM
Jenison
Joined Nov 2009
1,682 Posts
Eric I have a Major complaint ... this glue dries too fast. I am paying to have my plug and play planes built and the last report ... now a record, is 2 planes built start to finish in 5 hours 30 minutes.

At this rate he is going to be making more money building them than I am manufacturing ...

Thanks Beacon for making such a GREAT Glue !!!

Greg M
WMParkFlyers.com
WMParkFlyer is offline Find More Posts by WMParkFlyer
RCG Plus Member