HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 10, 2012, 05:40 PM
Joined Aug 2011
90 Posts
Discussion
Skywalker 1900mm FPV Plane

I just ordered the new bevrc skywalker-1900mm. Who is going to try this one as a new FPV Platform and how did you set it up. ESC, Motor, Prop, etc. They claim it will fly over 1 hour with the new wingspan.
Jim2011 is offline Find More Posts by Jim2011
Last edited by Jim2011; Jan 24, 2013 at 02:40 PM. Reason: Link to site with plane violated rules
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 10, 2012, 06:43 PM
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Jul 2011
269 Posts
I ordered one as a spare to my current skywalker. I will probably just try and put the wing from this one on my current setup if it fits the same.
cabster101 is offline Find More Posts by cabster101
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 10, 2012, 08:55 PM
United States, NJ, Ocean
Joined Aug 2011
91 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabster101 View Post
I ordered one as a spare to my current skywalker. I will probably just try and put the wing from this one on my current setup if it fits the same.
Very good will be waiting to hear how you make out with the other wing !!
Rrated is offline Find More Posts by Rrated
Old Feb 11, 2012, 05:33 AM
Happy Days
United Kingdom, England, Exmouth
Joined Mar 2001
4,149 Posts
Will they be selling the wing separately? and I assume they would fit on to the old V5 fuz. I could not go through rebuilding the fuz and all the pan and tilt again.
mudlark is offline Find More Posts by mudlark
Old Feb 11, 2012, 08:29 AM
KJ4YYJ
Saint Petersburg FL
Joined Jun 2009
724 Posts
OK, so if I add a foot center section in my V2 would it be basically the same flight characteristic
EugeneFlorida is offline Find More Posts by EugeneFlorida
Old Feb 11, 2012, 10:00 AM
Praying for better weather
Joined Dec 2007
4,147 Posts
BEVRC are going to sell the wings as seperates as well as the new version, but they have none in stock yet. The 1900 wings will fit all versions.

Lets hope they are better designed than the previous ones lol
Coyote64 is online now Find More Posts by Coyote64
Old Feb 11, 2012, 05:38 PM
Joined Feb 2012
3 Posts
yesssss! It's seems not a bad idea for hesitating such long time on V5. lol just ordered one 1900
gaoo is offline Find More Posts by gaoo
Old Feb 11, 2012, 08:42 PM
United States, NJ, Ocean
Joined Aug 2011
91 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote64 View Post
BEVRC are going to sell the wings as seperates as well as the new version, but they have none in stock yet. The 1900 wings will fit all versions.

Lets hope they are better designed than the previous ones lol
Thats great I have 2 V5 that I haven't put together yet . I Will get a set or two of those 1900 wings when they are out .
Rrated is offline Find More Posts by Rrated
Old Feb 11, 2012, 10:02 PM
United States, TX, Mansfield
Joined Jan 2012
527 Posts
I have a v5 sitting in customs right now. Should get it next week sometime

It will be great if the longer wing does fit with little or no modification needed.

If the performance differences between the original standard wing and the new 1900 wing are substantial, (which is very likely the case) then it would be nice to have both, and use one or the other depending on flight conditions, etc.

Having both wings for one plane would also be handy in case you have a mishap at the field and damage a wing, you can get back in the air quickly using the other wing at least...
CTvxl is offline Find More Posts by CTvxl
Old Feb 12, 2012, 02:15 AM
Houba ! Houba !!
United Kingdom, England, Milton Keynes
Joined Sep 2003
6,069 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTvxl View Post
I have a v5 sitting in customs right now. Should get it next week sometime

It will be great if the longer wing does fit with little or no modification needed.

If the performance differences between the original standard wing and the new 1900 wing are substantial, (which is very likely the case) then it would be nice to have both, and use one or the other depending on flight conditions, etc.

Having both wings for one plane would also be handy in case you have a mishap at the field and damage a wing, you can get back in the air quickly using the other wing at least...
great to see a dedicated thread for this puppy...
unfortunately I cannot justify (not even to myself) buying another FPV ship. BUT if one of my planes go down, I will be ordering one of those, so I am following this thread with great interest
rcmonster99 is offline Find More Posts by rcmonster99
Old Feb 12, 2012, 07:08 AM
Joined Aug 2011
90 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTvxl View Post

Good observation. I have a plane called the syncro that has 2 wings. One is kind of a glider the other is a short sport wing that flys about 80 mph.

If no hardware was mounted to the wings it might serve as 2 platforms by simply changing wings. I will keep that in mind when I build mine.
Jim2011 is offline Find More Posts by Jim2011
Last edited by Jim2011; Feb 12, 2012 at 07:23 AM.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 07:32 AM
Joined Dec 2007
4,147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmonster99 View Post
great to see a dedicated thread for this puppy...
unfortunately I cannot justify (not even to myself) buying another FPV ship. BUT if one of my planes go down, I will be ordering one of those, so I am following this thread with great interest
I can, but to be honest, i dont think ill be getting another skywalker, it`l be the X8
Old Feb 12, 2012, 12:41 PM
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
28,471 Posts
I really don't see one being a replacement for the other.

ian
Daemon is online now Find More Posts by Daemon
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 13, 2012, 08:47 AM
wep
https://vimeo.com/wep800
Joined Dec 2006
220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
I really don't see one being a replacement for the other.

ian
I will replace it for sure... :-)
wep is offline Find More Posts by wep
Old Feb 13, 2012, 11:35 AM
Joined Dec 2007
4,147 Posts
Really Ian ? I see the X8 as a skywalker without the downsides

Load carying capacity - Yes
Flight duration of a walker - Yes + more
Stable - Yes

Badly designed wings that snap at the thought of doing a roll - Nope
Spare problems with wing design - Nope
Weak rear stab`s - Nope

Its got all the right features of a Skywalker, with none of the crap engineering you get with a walker. Win win to me