SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 22, 2012, 02:32 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by going4speed View Post
I think you can dial back on the bolt tightness for the motor.
I know but I did not want it to get loose.
skarface is offline Find More Posts by skarface
Last edited by skarface; Jul 22, 2012 at 02:47 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 22, 2012, 02:36 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcfab View Post
+1 and it also looks like the top 2 screws that mount the motor to the 'X' mount were backing out at some point. Wonder if that is what broke the other 'X' mount???

Jeff
Yes you are correct the screws that were holding the x mount to the 130g were basically off and then I also found that the x mount was broken, but that was 2 weeks ago when I found that.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 02:37 PM
United States, CA, Palos Verdes Peninsula
Joined Dec 2011
1,031 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by going4speed View Post
I think you can dial back on the bolt tightness for the motor.
+1 looks like you got your own thrust angle going on with that much indentation on the firewall. I'd epoxy another piece of ply over the existing firewall after drilling the holes where they need to be. That should get you back to the original thrust angles.
Jboy90277 is offline Find More Posts by Jboy90277
Old Jul 22, 2012, 02:44 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Well the bottom holes look bad because that is where the motor pushed through.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 02:48 PM
Landing, HEY, I got it!!!!!
U.S.A. Celina, TX
Joined Oct 2010
826 Posts
Skarface,

Not sure why you feel there is a problem with the 103g motor on the SHP. I flew my V2 yesterday for the first time in a year and it seemed just fine with the 103. I run a 13 x 6.5 on 3S and it had plenty of power. If you check the website I think it specifies that motor. You might have an ESC issue or batteries going flat. The motor should really NOT be a problem unless you are flying ba//s to the wall the whole time.

Just my 2 cents.

Jeff
jcfab is offline Find More Posts by jcfab
Old Jul 22, 2012, 02:50 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Brushless motor question.

If 2 different size motors have the same KV does that mean they are the same speed?
Old Jul 22, 2012, 02:53 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Quote:
Skarface,

Not sure why you feel there is a problem with the 103g motor on the SHP. I flew my V2 yesterday for the first time in a year and it seemed just fine with the 103. I run a 13 x 6.5 on 3S and it had plenty of power. If you check the website I think it specifies that motor. You might have an ESC issue or batteries going flat. The motor should really NOT be a problem unless you are flying ba//s to the wall the whole time.

Just my 2 cents.

Jeff
Idk, when I get my motrofly I will put it on and wil get some video.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 02:54 PM
U.S.A. Celina, TX
Joined Oct 2010
826 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skarface View Post
If 2 different size motors have the same KV does that mean they are the same speed?
Well, I think technically yes but the diameter and the number of magnets will determine what size prop each motor can spin at that rated speed. A lawnmower engine running at 2000 RPM has no where near the power of a car engine running the same RPM's.

Jeff
Old Jul 22, 2012, 02:57 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Quote:
Well, I think technically yes but the diameter and the number of magnets will determine what size prop each motor can spin at that rated speed. A lawnmower engine running at 2000 RPM has no where near the power of a car engine running the same RPM's.

Jeff
Ok understood. So depending on how many and how big the magnets are will depend how much tourqe the motor has?
Old Jul 22, 2012, 03:02 PM
U.S.A. Celina, TX
Joined Oct 2010
826 Posts
Quote:
Ok understood. So depending on how many and how big the magnets are will depend how much tourqe the motor has?
Yes, for the most part. It is all about watts. There are many on this thread better than I to state this but I believe......Volts times Amps = Watts. Too big of a prop will draw more amps than the motor is rated for thus you have more HEAT and shorter flight times. HEAT = BAD!!!!

Jeff
Old Jul 22, 2012, 03:15 PM
United States, MI, Lambertville
Joined Feb 2011
801 Posts
Guys, I have a Hacker A50-16S up for sale in the classifieds,if anyone is interested.
Balsa Breaker is offline Find More Posts by Balsa Breaker
Old Jul 22, 2012, 04:42 PM
United States, MI, Lambertville
Joined Feb 2011
801 Posts
Anyone with a Hacker A60-6XS, what kind of amps are you pulling?
Balsa Breaker is offline Find More Posts by Balsa Breaker
Old Jul 22, 2012, 05:13 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
That hurt, just put it my thumb on a 30w hot knife, I was trying to push down some covering that was peeling up. I was using my right hand and took my left thumb up against the silver part to keep it more steady. It's a brand new hot knife and this the first time I used it. So I kinda forgot to not put my fingers there. I am sure I won't forgot from now on.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 05:16 PM
3DHS 'native'
USA, TX, Spring
Joined Jan 2008
5,929 Posts
KV is 1000 rpm per volt with no load. The different weight of motor gives bigger magnets and thicker stator which enables the heavier motor to turn a bigger prop.

As for losing bolts you need to invest in some blue loctite and tighten the bolts with loctite till they are snug and not crushing the firewall.

Quote:
going4speed is offline Find More Posts by going4speed
Old Jul 22, 2012, 05:19 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Mar 2010
4,452 Posts
Quote:
That hurt, just put it my thumb on a 30w hot knife, I was trying to push down some covering that was peeling up. I was using my right hand and took my left thumb up against the silver part to keep it more steady. It's a brand new hot knife and this the first time I used it. So I kinda forgot to not put my fingers there. I am sure I won't forgot from now on.
Skarfinger
3Dplank is offline Find More Posts by 3Dplank