is that fun

Paramoteur RC - Video (4 min 35 sec)
highplane is offline Find More Posts by highplane
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 21, 2012, 07:04 AM
vtol fan
Joined Jul 2009
627 Posts
What is mean home made!?....the sail is made by you,or you have buy it?
regards
nadine is offline Find More Posts by nadine
Old Jan 21, 2012, 07:24 AM
Lake Country.British Columbia,Canada
Joined Feb 2004
111 Posts
Nadine,

I think that foil could be a one off, made by this guy. There are commercially avaliable ones though. There is one being sold by hobbyking right now that is gaining popularity, I am waiting for one myself.

Like most radio controlled kits, I read that some time will have to be spent dialling in the hobbyking one. There are more expensive options avaliable also that require less work out of the box, I think. others can probably comment with more experience than me.

If its plans your looking for, I did see some way back, I just can't remember which forum they were on............
canada_jim is offline Find More Posts by canada_jim
Old Jan 21, 2012, 10:09 AM
vtol fan
Joined Jul 2009
627 Posts
Hi..Maibe i make one silly question!....I have allready 2 parachute from HK
I wanted to know if the parachute is made by him or have buy it!..I want to buy one RTF parachute but made by the better in that stuff
regards...
Old Jan 21, 2012, 10:24 AM
Whats a search engine?
Missouri
Joined Jun 2006
886 Posts
HK's 2 meter wings are like this , Some are made ok and will fly, and some are total trash.
I bought one , its fabric was sewn crooked with 2 permenant wrinkles in the upper and lower surfaces, and several seams were sewn to the very edge of the fabric and had to be resewn because the seam pulled out , Some lines were not even attached . Its a gamble if you buy one . I would go with wings made by HQ personaly . They do have quality control .
inventing_man is offline Find More Posts by inventing_man
Old Jan 22, 2012, 06:02 AM
vtol fan
Joined Jul 2009
627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by inventing_man View Post
HK's 2 meter wings are like this , Some are made ok and will fly, and some are total trash.
I bought one , its fabric was sewn crooked with 2 permenant wrinkles in the upper and lower surfaces, and several seams were sewn to the very edge of the fabric and had to be resewn because the seam pulled out , Some lines were not even attached . Its a gamble if you buy one . I would go with wings made by HQ personaly . They do have quality control .
Hi inventing_man....
I wonder if you have seen difference in flight,from your paraglider with sail from the kite and other one,for examplE from HK paraglider?..i want to buy one kite like this link bellow to use it for one rcparaglider!
http://www.jonathan.it/aquiloni/acro...ch-ii-1,3.html
Old Jan 22, 2012, 08:22 AM
Lake Country.British Columbia,Canada
Joined Feb 2004
111 Posts
Inventing man's thread here; http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...red+paraglider Has some good information about converting a kite, but you've probably already read it.
canada_jim is offline Find More Posts by canada_jim
Old Jan 22, 2012, 08:52 AM
Whats a search engine?
Missouri
Joined Jun 2006
886 Posts
Nadine This link shows a vid of an HQ wing working real well, Its one of the best I have seen using a HQ kite
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...7&postcount=10
This one is using weight shift for turns , not brakes .
Weight shift is a milder form of turning than using brakes on small RC PPG flying.
I think a lot of pilots are having a hard time learning to fly because the brakes are to agressive on small PPGs . They should be learning using weight shift, then add brakes if they wanted to, once they get the feel for it .

MY HK wing was a bad one that was Sewn crooked with several flaws , Gave it to the kids to fly it as kite now . It never passed the ground Kiting test good enough to be usefull in RC . I guess some wings are Good from HK And Some are junk even after the "riser mod' they talk about on the HK forum.

I have a 4 meter power kite I use for kiting parctice in strong winds AS a mini paraglider with me conected to the wing by a harness. It works just like a full scale paraglider. It Flys directly over my head . Its safe because I cant get blown away in high winds like a full scale paraglider would do in high winds.
So this is the test to know if your wing will work, Kite it directly over head with short lines of 3 to 4 meters in good straight line winds . If it falls back and not directly over head, the leading edge lines need to be shortened to decrease the angle of attack. If it Over flys you and collapses , the trailing edge lines need to be shortened to increase the AoA . On a Little wing, these line adjustments need to be in 2 or 3 mm at a time. A little goes a long way . Make some of these It will make line adjustment easy and accurate, just wrap your line in it .
Also , these adjusters can be used to cancel out torque steer .
This is when the prop torque wants to twist the trike frame in roll and pulls on one riser , causing a weight shift turn . With these adjusters you can trim one side of the wing to cancel out a lot of torque steer effect. Just like real paragliders use trim tabs on the risers
Name: line adjusters.jpg
Views: 48
Size: 7.0 KB
Description:
Last edited by inventing_man; Jan 22, 2012 at 10:37 AM.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 09:57 AM
vtol fan
Joined Jul 2009
627 Posts
Thanks verry much!
Old Jan 22, 2012, 10:54 AM
Whats a search engine?
Missouri
Joined Jun 2006
886 Posts
In the vid , please notice how far apart the lines that connect to the trike are . IT is important to keep this line seperation, as it effects the overall geomerty of the wing as built . Using long lines as recomended to fly as a kite , please measure this spread and keep it that way on your trike . While you have it hooked up to long lines , might as well fly it and get to know it .

This is valid info for any ram air kite you might want to use . The Bridal or riser spread needs to be the same on your trike , as it is when flying it as a kite with the recomended line length.
If you pull the bridals in to close ,or to far apart, you will alter the flying form of the wing as sewn, and the results wont be good .
Its critical to maintain the built in bridal spread . If you dont, All the cascade line tweeking in the world wont fix it .
Last edited by inventing_man; Jan 22, 2012 at 12:04 PM.
Old May 08, 2012, 12:35 PM
Fon
USA
Joined Oct 2003
125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadine View Post
Hi..Maibe i make one silly question!....I have allready 2 parachute from HK
I wanted to know if the parachute is made by him or have buy it!..I want to buy one RTF parachute but made by the better in that stuff
regards...
================================================== =======
Sir, if interesting
1. I have one parachute NIB 55" (Europe) Price $75. I sale ~25-30% OFF
2.. I have one Mik's parachute NIB 55" (USA) $75. I sale 25-30% OFF!
3. I have Sea breaze parachute 66" (USA) %-7 flies only. $150. I sale for $100
If interesting give me to know. Any questions..
reason I have five parachutes, it is too much.
Thanks
<fsat92@hotmail.com>
Fon is offline Find More Posts by Fon
Old Jan 17, 2013, 01:22 AM
Joined Jan 2013
2 Posts
paraglider

drawings provided free rc paragliding site
www.flypg.co
jaewoong ahn is offline Find More Posts by jaewoong ahn
Old Jan 17, 2013, 11:27 AM
Joined Jan 2013