HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 24, 2014, 08:59 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,934 Posts
I was listening to the wreak of the edmond fitzerald the other day thinking of you and Sonny, Mike. hahaha
Glad it went so good for y'all.
Lee
leethetreeguy is offline Find More Posts by leethetreeguy
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 24, 2014, 09:05 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
HP, are you married?

Mike.
No, my Ex questioned a charge on my account.

Then, I asked my GF, "Honey, see how the green canopy brings out the color of your eyes?" Her eyes were brown.

So, I am very alone. Hook me up?
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Aug 24, 2014, 09:37 PM
Easy on the Sticks!
United States, WY, Crowheart
Joined Aug 2011
3,273 Posts
Quote:
CA was first used in the battlefields of Vietnam (spray form) and saved many, many lives. They have since improved it.

Mike.
Yup. Now it is called NewSkin. I use it for all of my wounds that are not bleeding too bad.

Kyle
BattleDude is offline Find More Posts by BattleDude
Old Aug 24, 2014, 09:44 PM
Easy on the Sticks!
Joined Aug 2011
3,273 Posts
Quote:
Many times we lose hikers in the White Mountains of New Hampshire. Many of them don' pack right. Many hunters in Maine have been found dead, ,,same reason. They get lost and don't pack right! I used to pack for a two night stay as the country is not that wide open where I used to hunt.

So Bro, When do we leave? Do I have to bring my own rifle or, do you have one to loan me Don't forget....I like to reach out and touch them

Mike.
I don't have a rifle to loan you my Friend. I have a rifle to give to you!
I am not kidding. If the the times get tough, the tough get going!
We leave on the 1st of September, and we don't come back untill we have some meat!

Kyle
Last edited by BattleDude; Aug 24, 2014 at 10:02 PM.
Old Aug 24, 2014, 09:45 PM
Easy on the Sticks!
Joined Aug 2011
3,273 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post

Then, I asked my GF, "Honey, see how the green canopy brings out the color of your eyes?" Her eyes were brown.

LOL HP! U r nuts Bro!
Old Aug 24, 2014, 10:00 PM
keep um between the tree's
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined Feb 2013
1,261 Posts
spitfire

hey kyle and the rest knuckle heads,

spitfire review (5 min 39 sec)

tracy

dynam spitfire shake down flight (5 min 25 sec)
kildar is offline Find More Posts by kildar
Last edited by kildar; Aug 24, 2014 at 10:46 PM.
Old Aug 24, 2014, 11:31 PM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,263 Posts
Quote:
Mike, thanks for the videos. (The 2nd one was hard to watch). I think Sonny was complaining about the pin turns that the boat was making. I think at that speed, most of those turns were a little sharp. If you'd agree, I would give the rudder some expo so that it is not that sensitive around mid stick.
The "hairpin" turns is what you want! Have you ever seen vids of air boats skimming across water? You want all the throw the AIL will allow without jamming. Looking into that now. Don't want no jamming

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Aug 25, 2014, 10:11 AM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
Joined Aug 2002
11,518 Posts
An Air Boat is so top heavy, you actually slide around the sharpest turn. Mike, if you're using a rudder... that's why you're getting those hair pin turns. An actual air boat is steered by two rudders that work like an airplane. They don't touch the water at all. Because of that they "slide" through all their turns. Attached picture is about as sharp as you can turn one without flipping it. Notice that he's sliding sideways to make the turn.

Buzz
Buzz is offline Find More Posts by Buzz
Old Aug 25, 2014, 10:38 AM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
6,758 Posts
Quote:
Hey Durk, You know I was joking about the "real" boat, bustin' Solo's Butt. I know you and he like the scales boats. I hope you can post some pics of your tug. Sonny has his old old he wants to start fixing up. It's 36" long. It's my understanding it takes a 6V battery (motorcycle batt.).

Lets see those pics! If I remember correctly your wiring job was superb

Mike.
Here is the link to my tugboat thread:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=805232
frieslander is online now Find More Posts by frieslander
Old Aug 25, 2014, 10:59 AM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
6,758 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kildar View Post

http://youtu.be/iI-JSkGL97U

tracy

http://youtu.be/hfQLCthV6vg
Tracy, nice flight. I was getting dizzy and straining my eyes. Actually I had to pick my eyeballs off my cheeks, uncross them and snap them back into the sockets.

But I DID see the dog!
Old Aug 25, 2014, 11:55 AM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,263 Posts
Quote:

No problem HP. I know all the babes on the west coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleDude View Post
Yup. Now it is called NewSkin. I use it for all of my wounds that are not bleeding too bad.

Kyle
You can always use it on very bad wounds too. As I said, CA saved many lives from bleeding to death in Nam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleDude View Post
I don't have a rifle to loan you my Friend. I have a rifle to give to you!
I am not kidding. If the the times get tough, the tough get going!
We leave on the 1st of September, and we don't come back untill we have some meat!

Kyle
AH, shucks, I'll be heading to the Bahamas on Sept 3. I'll have to take a rain check for next year

Quote:
Originally Posted by kildar View Post

http://youtu.be/iI-JSkGL97U

tracy

http://youtu.be/hfQLCthV6vg
Nice flight Tracy. I hope some day we can get a better look at that "under hand" launch you do. Pretty cool Where did you learn that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
An Air Boat is so top heavy, you actually slide around the sharpest turn. Mike, if you're using a rudder... that's why you're getting those hair pin turns. An actual air boat is steered by two rudders that work like an airplane. They don't touch the water at all. Because of that they "slide" through all their turns. Attached picture is about as sharp as you can turn one without flipping it. Notice that he's sliding sideways to make the turn.

Buzz
We had the original boat plans and it called for the rudders (2) to be in the water about a half inch (a little shy). This is an old air boat but, goes through the weeds pretty good. I did notice air boats don't have the rudder in the water. On one of the threads, a guy put on what he calls "the mod." He made an extension that goes ""WAY"" into the water. One thing for sure, I need a bigger batt. My 1300mah just isn't cutting it. Only about 3 minutes out on the water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frieslander View Post
Here is the link to my tugboat thread:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=805232
Very awesome build Durk. Too bad you can't sail her because of your health condition. I hope things change for you so you can get her out there.

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Aug 25, 2014, 12:19 PM
Joined Feb 2013
1,261 Posts
Quote:
No problem HP. I know all the babes on the west coast

You can always use it on very bad wounds too. As I said, CA saved many lives from bleeding to death in Nam.

AH, shucks, I'll be heading to the Bahamas on Sept 3. I'll have to take a rain check for next year

Nice flight Tracy. I hope some day we can get a better look at that "under hand" launch you do. Pretty cool Where did you learn that?

We had the original boat plans and it called for the rudders (2) to be in the water about a half inch (a little shy). This is an old air boat but, goes through the weeds pretty good. I did notice air boats don't have the rudder in the water. On one of the threads, a guy put on what he calls "the mod." He made an extension that goes ""WAY"" into the water. One thing for sure, I need a bigger batt. My 1300mah just isn't cutting it. Only about 3 minutes out on the water.

Very awesome build Durk. Too bad you can't sail her because of your health condition. I hope things change for you so you can get her out there.

Mike.
hey all and gm,

i thought about getting a boat but i have enough money pits going atm .

mike, i seen a guy do that under hand launch on a video i watched . i dont know ? i was spooling up one time and it felt right and i just chunked it lol . i would not do it any othe way now. if something is going to go wrong ? you wont be very high verus the over hand imo ? i will take my tripod today and that way you can get a better look . did you see my new canopy and pilot lol = donald duck = that plane was a joke to start with = not now though .

yeah durk , sorry bro , i thought about you about the time a bug flew into one of my eyes . yeah i was getting dizzy too lol. the reason for the circles = still feeling that plane out . i had a heck of a time with setup on it . i mostly made that review video to rip dynam and cover my arse with you guys lol. i have since contacted motion rc on that matter . not thier fault i know but atleast i want a new canopy and some new gear ? i spend alot of money with them guys and dynam =they owe me that little bit !

no airboat ride for me pls lol

buzz, call the tower and tell them there will be a spitfire in the air shortly pls

take care and bbl

tracy
Old Aug 25, 2014, 01:17 PM
Easy on the Sticks!
Joined Aug 2011
3,273 Posts
Nice Spitfire flight Tracy! Spitty's fly nice once they are dialed in, don't you think?

Durk, that is one good looking boat! You guys and your boats are making me want one.

Mike, I might be "rain-checking" the elk hunting myself this year, we will see though.

Terry, I hope you are doing OK out there?

Jay, you must be out of communication range?

The rest of you guys, have a good one.
Back to work today.
Kyle
Old Aug 25, 2014, 03:16 PM
Joined Feb 2013
1,261 Posts
here you go mike ,

i throtte up to 100% and then let her rip tater chip , i also give it 100% up trim to help her up and from trying to nose dive

i ran into this guy on the way to field the other day it is a 1927 model -t

UNDER HAD LAUNCH (0 min 26 sec)

GREASED IT (0 min 31 sec)

motion rc sevice dept. isnt all that everyone cracks it up to be either . they gave me a dynam excuse and let there selfs off the hook in the same sentence . dont buy from them . they did not even offer me a possiable solution or meet me half way deal . pretty bad public relations imo . they lost a good customer over 10$ part . i know i have spent well over 500$s with them too = i wont be treated like that .

tracy

tracy
Last edited by kildar; Aug 25, 2014 at 03:26 PM.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 03:31 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
6,758 Posts
Nice demo Tracy. I like that old T also.

question: why do the edges of the video and the pictures seem like you have a dirty lens? Is that a setting or is that the way the camera works?