Old Oct 24, 2012, 09:41 PM
China, Guangdong, Dongguan
Joined Oct 2012
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeXX View Post
Hello, my name is Denis and I would like to introduce DeX Quads

This entire models are from composite materials.... and they can float

all my models are connected wet on wet, I do not use a vacuum, everything is handmade
because it is the only way when the strength, looks and weight are perfect and the only way to get models in one piece (top and bottom connected without the possibility of cracking in half)

I do not use paint on surface, just pigment for resin

colors:
Red, Blue, Orange, Green, Yellow, Black, camouflage black/white, camouflage blue/white and full carbon version

DeX Quad
main parts are:
body
engine holders
and tubes

body and engine holders are stronger than tubes so only the tube will splinter when a crash occurs,
it is very quick and easy to replace parts after a strong crash

tubes are not glued to body and holders
on body and holders is a layer of transparent duct tape
so that the tube goes extremely tight on the body and engine mounts

tubes can be different lengths from 10cm to 20cm
10cm tube gives 50cm (20 inch) Quad diameter
empty Quad with 10cm tubes has around 250g

The best thing is that everyone can fly 10cm tubes or 20cm tubes in just a few minutes of work to replace them on the field

strength of the hull is excellent
I hit the asphalt road a few times and nothing yet

http://vimeo.com/18823176

DeX Mini Quad

12'' 305mm from shaft to shaft
model is in one piece ready for water, swims from 300g to almost 1kg, but the best floating weight is from 400g to 800g
glass fibre is from 140 to 150g
carbon fibre is about 110g

http://vimeo.com/51951048

DeX Micro Quad
190mm from shaft to shaft,
model is in one piece ready for water, swims up to 350g perfectly
from 30g to 45g depending on the setup needs that goes up

http://vimeo.com/37773332

some more on PM or dex@dexmodels.com
I'll give my best with responding
amazing
VB battery is offline Find More Posts by VB battery
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 24, 2012, 11:04 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Dec 2011
1,688 Posts
Hi Denis,
Very entertaining video... I'm astounded by the durabilty of that frame! I loved your kung-fu kicks and kamakazi runs you did with that quad too.
I must have a Carbon Mini!! (Black Spider/Orange front booms would be cool too)
I'm glad FPV4EVER is getting stock again, as I really want to build a carbon Micro1st as a Winter indoor/outdoor flyer. sadly they only have colored Micros left, hmm maybe an Orange one as a 1st test-build.... It's a perfectly sized crazy little pocket quad! I also very much enjoyed you dunking your Micro in the pond.

A build log and suggested motors would be enormously helpful for the DeX Mini and Micros. I can't figure how you mounted the motors to your Micro.... but I gather that if I used my Mystery A1510 2200kv or HK C20 2050kv motors, I would have to screw the cross adapter to the motor then to the frame.... yes? and 10A ESCs should be sufficient too I'd guess.
I like the breathing holes you drilled in one of them, I'm thinking of doing same... and finding sized rubber/silicon plugs for light water landings flights.
vpsporb is offline Find More Posts by vpsporb
Last edited by vpsporb; Oct 25, 2012 at 01:54 AM.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 12:58 AM
Joined Jan 2010
11 Posts
Dobro jutro Denis,

jeli moguce da narucim kod tebe jedan mali Quad i ti mi ga posaljes u Zadar?

Pozdrav,

Kreso
kresi is offline Find More Posts by kresi
Old Oct 25, 2012, 02:48 AM
Joined Sep 2012
199 Posts
Although the carbon version looks excellent, it doesn't make a lot of sense for a waterproof quad
or does it? After all I know glass fibre is translucent to radio signals while carbon shields against radio signals. If I have to drill holes in it to get my antenna out it doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
Sure you can seal it, but...
I also wonder about heat..
hollgi is offline Find More Posts by hollgi
Old Oct 25, 2012, 01:50 PM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
5,030 Posts
agreed please provide some working setups so we can order bits

I would order a colored one (any color) but I don't see them in stock?

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpsporb View Post
Hi Denis,
Very entertaining video... I'm astounded by the durabilty of that frame! I loved your kung-fu kicks and kamakazi runs you did with that quad too.
I'm glad FPV4EVER is getting stock again, as I really want to build a carbon Micro1st as a Winter indoor/outdoor flyer. sadly they only have colored Micros left, hmm maybe an Orange one as a 1st test-build.... It's a perfectly sized crazy little pocket quad! I also very much enjoyed you dunking your Micro in the pond.

A build log and suggested motors would be enormously helpful for the DeX Mini and Micros. I can't figure how you mounted the motors to your Micro.... but I gather that if I used my Mystery A1510 2200kv or HK C20 2050kv motors, I would have to screw the cross adapter to the motor then to the frame.... yes? and 10A ESCs should be sufficient too I'd guess.
I like the breathing holes you drilled in one of them, I'm thinking of doing same... and finding sized rubber/silicon plugs for light water landings flights.
saabguyspg is offline Find More Posts by saabguyspg
Old Oct 25, 2012, 03:29 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Dec 2011
1,688 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollgi View Post
Although the carbon version looks excellent, it doesn't make a lot of sense for a waterproof quad
or does it? After all I know glass fibre is translucent to radio signals while carbon shields against radio signals. If I have to drill holes in it to get my antenna out it doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
Yeah I was pondering the same thing about the Carbon frames, I've read warnings about signal and conductivivty, but I don't remember seeing a Carbon frame with an antenna sticking out of it... and shrink tubing everything should make it good to go.
Any Carbon DeX owners want to add their experiences with this full-coverage type frame materials in use? ...... thanks!

I'm thinking that if I want a Waterproof DeX.... I would get a 2nd one in fiberglass and seal it up for damp conditions... and use the Carbon one with small breathing ports for Park/street duty.

@Saab: They have some Micro in stock.... use the drop-down box to select diff. color
Old Oct 25, 2012, 03:31 PM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
5,030 Posts
no more dex's for those with one already
saabguyspg is offline Find More Posts by saabguyspg
Old Oct 26, 2012, 10:10 AM
Croatia
Joined Nov 2009
384 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpsporb View Post
Hi Denis,

Tnx

here is my build log for micro:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1600870

I would not want to give advice about the motors for micro... because I have no idea which are good quality/match and which are not

also I have not tried many types of motors for mini...
I kinda liked this ones: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ss_motor_.html from the start

Quote:
Originally Posted by kresi View Post
Dobro jutro Denis,

jeli moguce da narucim kod tebe jedan mali Quad i ti mi ga posaljes u Zadar?

Pozdrav,

Kreso
jutro Kreso,
(posto sam nocna ptica, kod mene je to obicno izmedu 12 i 14 sati )
posaljem ti poruku...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollgi View Post
Ah yes, the carbon model.... people have some sort of fetish about carbon stuff
I use Hitec A9 and 9 channel receivers....and I never took out the antenna outside carbon quad so far....
I had no trouble with the signal at visibility range (say up to 100m max)... I have not tried carbon quad with other TX so I do not know whether it is necessary to putt antenna out for visual flight
I have not flown quad carbon in FPV, but antenna out is required on that

for FPV model I would recommend an antenna outside on any type of model (GF/CF)

heat is a problem of waterproof models...
The best solution is to put an external cooler(for FPV is required)
I did it on my old FPV model as attached photo shows

for visual flight I did not use external heat sink, because I could stay in the air long enough so I did not bother with the cooling
but of course some small heat sinks would be perfect for regular flights above water...and when you sink the model it's just helping
DeXX is offline Find More Posts by DeXX
Old Oct 26, 2012, 02:12 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Dec 2011
1,688 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeXX View Post
Tnx

here is my build log for micro:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1600870

I would not want to give advice about the motors for micro... because I have no idea which are good quality/match and which are not

also I have not tried many types of motors for mini...
I kinda liked this ones: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ss_motor_.html from the start

jutro Kreso,
(posto sam nocna ptica, kod mene je to obicno izmedu 12 i 14 sati )
posaljem ti poruku...

Ah yes, the carbon model.... people have some sort of fetish about carbon stuff
I use Hitec A9 and 9 channel receivers....and I never took out the antenna outside carbon quad so far....
I had no trouble with the signal at visibility range (say up to 100m max)... I have not tried carbon quad with other TX so I do not know whether it is necessary to putt antenna out for visual flight
I have not flown quad carbon in FPV, but antenna out is required on that

for FPV model I would recommend an antenna outside on any type of model (GF/CF)

heat is a problem of waterproof models...
The best solution is to put an external cooler(for FPV is required)
I did it on my old FPV model as attached photo shows

for visual flight I did not use external heat sink, because I could stay in the air long enough so I did not bother with the cooling
but of course some small heat sinks would be perfect for regular flights above water...and when you sink the model it's just helping
Well now, your Micro build log is just perfect! Thank-you for doing it for me just now. Ahhh that's how you installed the motors on the Micro... a secret access port underneath the arms.
I will study what you did with that log, but it's a last warm-day in Canada, so I'm going flying first!
I only do LOS flying so far, so breathing ports should be sufficient... if I find some nice heat-sinks I'll install them on the DeX.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 10:32 PM
Joined Oct 2012
1 Posts
I want one!

Wow! Like the weather proofing. How can i get this Dex copter to fly with my Gopro and 2 axis gimbal? Would like to get more info. Thankyou!
Aerial2012 is offline Find More Posts by Aerial2012
Old Nov 03, 2012, 05:11 PM
Joined Aug 2012
4 Posts
flight on the balearic islands from last week. I admit that I still can not fly properly. but it is a dream to be able to fly with dex quad frame. next active fpv and gps in Belize and Yucatan will come.

http://youtu.be/IqsTraDhdBA?hd=1

cheers
_poly_ is offline Find More Posts by _poly_
Last edited by _poly_; Nov 03, 2012 at 05:17 PM.
Old Dec 07, 2012, 03:42 PM
Joined Jan 2010
11 Posts
I just received my Dex Mini and want to say HVALA DENIS!
Your work is great. Thanks again :-)

I also want to ask, how you have attached the motor and to make it waterproof.
Thanks,

Kresi
kresi is offline Find More Posts by kresi
Old Dec 08, 2012, 09:50 AM
Croatia
Joined Nov 2009
384 Posts
thanks for the nice words kresi and poly !

All my models(quads) have a thick flash at the engine mounts...
so that "wood type" screw is perfect for connection
just first drill holes the same size as the core of the wood screw

motor wires are sealed with permanently elastic sealing tape
like on photos here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1600870

and the lid is sealed with black electric tape
as on this video

DeX Micro Quad and Water (3 min 21 sec)

I am currently all in carbon fibers, I'm doing a series of all carbon quads
the weight is around
185g for big quad
125g for mini quad
53g for micro quad

...carbon ones will go per piece again
DeXX is offline Find More Posts by DeXX
Old Dec 09, 2012, 02:00 PM
Belgium
Joined Sep 2010
257 Posts
Do you have a prive for the 50cm frame in carbon?
leopold1 is offline Find More Posts by leopold1
Old Dec 09, 2012, 07:16 PM
DroneWorksUSA.net
United States, TN, Clarksville
Joined Dec 2011
3,480 Posts
Dude I want a micro quad framesendme the price for it pleased like to buy one.
flohio117 is online now Find More Posts by flohio117