New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 30, 2016, 08:24 AM
Find More Posts by Bryghtblade
Joined Aug 2014
100 Posts
Compatible FPV kit!

Having really enjoyed the spyhawk(and still am) I wanted to try FPV with other Planes in my hanger, in particular my Ultra Micros (mosquito and B17 to be precise) and heard about a kit by WLToys. It cosists of a VTX with built in battery and a 4.3 inch screen with built in RX and battery.So its a complete stand alone system which you could strap to any craft and off you go!.

Just as a test I turned on the VTX and the Spyhawk TX/RX and with the settings I cycled through the frequency's for the Video feed. and Lo! there was light!!!!
The Spyhawk video reciever can pick up the transmission from the wltoys video!
this might work out as a cheap replacement for a busted VTX system on the spyhawk.
Also if you used this kit instead of the spyhawk VTX you could still use the controller (to fly the Spyhawk)AND have a easy ride along for some one else to use.
AND with the video screen/VRX being self contained with on board batt this is just screaming to be used with a quanum FPV goggle casing!
More experimentation on the way!

I got my kit off BangGood for 37 all in

http://www.banggood.com/JJRC-H16-YiZ...p-1001396.html

This is the link to the bang good item, hope I did it right.If it dosn't work just type "WLToys FPV kit " into the banggood search engine thingy
Bryghtblade is online now Find More Posts by Bryghtblade
Last edited by Bryghtblade; Jan 30, 2016 at 09:08 AM. Reason: wrong screen size
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 21, 2016, 04:14 PM
Find More Posts by AZdeserthawk
Joined Feb 2016
1 Posts
spyhawk audio

Hey forum,

I'm new to RC and have successfully flown my spy hawk several times and love it! The only thing I want to improve for now is add audio capability!

I see many Spy hawk vids on youtube with sound, leading me to believe this was standard, but my videos don't have any audio at all.

I bought a small mic, but I don't know if it'll be compatible with the standard hubsan equipment I have.

If anyone could shed a little light on this, it would be MUCH appreciated!
Thanks,
J
AZdeserthawk is offline Find More Posts by AZdeserthawk