New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 01:37 AM
Find More Posts by XDmToter
Joined Apr 2012
627 Posts
Hello there everyone. Sorry if this is the wrong place for this question, but I know the custom firmwares change some things regarding how the trainer port on the 9x works.

I have a couple of the little Dsmx 4 channel transmitters that come with the UMX RTFs and Blade copters. I would like to use these as buddy boxes with my 9x, as these are perfect for children's hands.

My question is; can I connect the CPPM output from a receiver such as the OrangeRX R615x to the Trainer port on the 9X?

If I can pair a MLP4DSM to the R615X and then plug that in to my 9X that would make for a very nice wireless buddy box.
XDmToter is offline Find More Posts by XDmToter
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 01:48 AM
Find More Posts by jhsa
Flying a Chipmunk in Portugal
NRW, Germany
Joined Sep 2010
4,753 Posts
If the receiver outputs a PPM signal, then yes.
I don't know about the stock firmware though.

Joćo
jhsa is offline Find More Posts by jhsa
Old Yesterday, 02:01 AM
Joined Apr 2012
627 Posts
Is there a difference between PPM and CPPM?
Old Yesterday, 02:18 AM
Find More Posts by Kilrah
Happy FPV flyer
United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Joined Sep 2006
6,364 Posts
No. Someone just decided to add a C at some point for no good reason at all.
Kilrah is offline Find More Posts by Kilrah
Old Yesterday, 09:21 AM
Find More Posts by Daedalus66
60 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
19,170 Posts
As I recall, it was FrSky.
Daedalus66 is online now Find More Posts by Daedalus66
Old Yesterday, 09:39 AM
Find More Posts by Daedalus66
60 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
19,170 Posts
The FlySky/iMax/Turnigy 9x/Eurgle 9CH radio Custom Firmware Facts/How-to Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDmToter View Post
Hello there everyone. Sorry if this is the wrong place for this question, but I know the custom firmwares change some things regarding how the trainer port on the 9x works.

I have a couple of the little Dsmx 4 channel transmitters that come with the UMX RTFs and Blade copters. I would like to use these as buddy boxes with my 9x, as these are perfect for children's hands.

My question is; can I connect the CPPM output from a receiver such as the OrangeRX R615x to the Trainer port on the 9X?

If I can pair a MLP4DSM to the R615X and then plug that in to my 9X that would make for a very nice wireless buddy box.

There's a problem with this scenario but it's easily fixable. The Orange R615X does indeed put out PPM, but it reorders the TAER input from a Spektrum transmitter to AETR (the Futaba order).

It will therefore be necessary to reorder the inputs using the Trainer provision of the master transmitter.

Not a big deal, but confusing if you don't recognize it. The operation of the trainer setup in Er9x is fully explained in the manual available at www.er9x.com

The Lemon PPM receivers don't do this channel swapping.

By the way, I have found the DX4e to be the ideal transmitter for my grandkids, age 5 to 10. It's small enough and light enough for them to hold comfortably but has better sticks than the "toy" transmitters and is full power. It can be used as a buddy box with a regular cable.
Daedalus66 is online now Find More Posts by Daedalus66
Old Yesterday, 05:01 PM
Joined Apr 2012
627 Posts
Thanks Everyone!!