Old Aug 24, 2012, 09:15 AM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
Dayton, OH
Joined Feb 2006
418 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-51C View Post
That is just lazy thinking.

It has been going on for years and years. Anyone would get tired of it. Also, as I understand it, the rogue agency uses some sort of "arbitration" process where he is presumed guilty and must prove his innocence while not being allowed to cross examine any so called "witnesses" brought against him. (that from a discussion link on ESPN, not sure of the accuracy). If that is the case, who WOULD want to continue with the time, expense, and headaches of dealing with the people who have not shown any actual physical evidence?

If they have actual evidence, present it publicly so we can all see it and change our minds accordingly. Otherwise, leave Armstrong alone and quit trying to make names for themselves while appeasing the witch hunters.
Lazy thinking? That is laughable.

The simplist answer is usually the correct one. He cheated. He knows it. So he finally quit fighting. There are simply too many people including team mates and competitors who said they saw him cheating. It's a pretty clear case and a sad one at that.
RumRunner_1492 is online now Find More Posts by RumRunner_1492
Old Aug 24, 2012, 09:28 AM
turn, turn, turn.
Athol, Massachusetts
Joined Oct 2005
10,405 Posts
Or it could be that Lance knows they are powerless to do anything about it.
Kenny Sharp is offline Find More Posts by Kenny Sharp
Old Aug 24, 2012, 09:30 AM
Reserved Parking
Joined Jun 2004
926 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumRunner_1492 View Post

The simplist answer is usually the correct one. He cheated. He knows it. So he finally quit fighting. There are simply too many people including team mates and competitors who said they saw him cheating. It's a pretty clear case and a sad one at that.
Yes, lazy thinking.

If you have evidence that he cheated, please present it and I will gladly join you.

Until then, it is lazy thinking and worthy of "reality show" status.
P-51C is offline Find More Posts by P-51C
Old Aug 24, 2012, 09:37 AM
Out of Time
United States, TX
Joined Jul 2003
1,092 Posts
Quote:
Yes, lazy thinking.

If you have evidence that he cheated, please present it and I will gladly join you.

I myself am bothered by the hundreds upon hundreds of drug tests he's had to take throughout his career; before, during, and after every sanctioned race he has won.
What I'm bothered with is how he managed to beat those hundreds of tests that were specifically designed to find drugs in his system, but didn't.

As far as the "handful" of people who claim he doped, against the hundreds of tests that prove that he didn't, I have a saying I often have to recite to both my employees and customers: "Documentation trumps memory every time".

We have hundreds of documented drug tests that prove he wasn't doping against a handful of people who "remember" things from years ago.
I put my money on the documentation.
Highflight is offline Find More Posts by Highflight
Old Aug 24, 2012, 09:43 AM
In Development Now
Joined May 2005
448 Posts
Quote:
As far as has been reported, Lance never failed a drug test. Scheduled, unscheduled, during a race, or otherwise.

Based on the lack of evidence this has been nothing but a witch hunt originally started by the French who just couldn't stand that an American domated their race.

The USADA, whoever they are, should consider how foolish their stance looks given the lack of any evidence that Armstrong did anything wrong.

I can't blame the guy for stopping this thing after all these years. It has been tiresome for people reading the news, I can't imagine the ridiculous burden it has placed on him and his family.

Livestrong.
It's just more proof that if you hand out goodies to snitches, eventually you get what you want them to say. If Lance did it, he got away with it. If he did it, you won't get anyone beside him on the podium.

I do think Lance doped, maybe the first one or two wins... just like 90% of the top bikers. I don't think he did it for all of them. In anycase, he tested clean. This is a joke and is sad.

He will be stripped of his titles, there is no doubt about that. He loses zero credibility in my books. He was and is a tremendous athlete and a credit to his sport.
Indiana_Geoff is online now Find More Posts by Indiana_Geoff
Old Aug 24, 2012, 09:50 AM
Registered Broncos Fan!
United States, CO, Aurora
Joined Sep 2007
687 Posts
Quote:
The fact is he is willing to be stripped of his wins and his medals as well as permanantly trash his name. He wouldn't do that unless there was a reason and he was guilty.
How about he's just tired of defending himself against false accusations. Christ man, even in a court of law the defendant cannot be compelled to take the stand in his own defense. Problem is that this is just a witch hunt and not the court, so i guess he's guilty until proven innocent.
n00b-E is offline Find More Posts by n00b-E
Old Aug 24, 2012, 10:00 AM
Time for me to Fly...
United States, MI, Fenton
Joined Jan 2000
8,622 Posts
Lets assume for a moment that they have samples of all those past tests and today they have the technology to find doping that they couldn't find way back when and Lance is guilty. Are they now going to go back and test all the second place finishers and on down the line? No. This is about toppling Lance and nothing else. I think the whole thing stinks. The bicycling racing world meant little in this country before Lance and after this will mean even less. AFAIC, they can all take a long ride off a short cliff.
Mr. Wiz is offline Find More Posts by Mr. Wiz
Old Aug 24, 2012, 10:18 AM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
Dayton, OH
Joined Feb 2006
418 Posts
Quote:
Yes, lazy thinking.

Too funny. Given the number of people who have said they have seen him cheating it seems pretty clear. Lazy thinking is burying your head in the sand and not paying attention to the whole situation. If the guy hadn't cheated he would fight to protect his name. He isn't. That is your answer.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 10:21 AM
whiirrrrrr
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Nov 2011
785 Posts
Quote:

That is a ridiculous logic. "there are simply too many drug test he passed for him to have doped". Now who tells the truth more, a inatimate object or jealous people?
srt8madness is online now Find More Posts by srt8madness
Old Aug 24, 2012, 10:22 AM
whiirrrrrr
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Nov 2011
785 Posts
Quote:
Too funny. Given the number of people who have said they have seen him cheating it seems pretty clear. Lazy thinking is burying your head in the sand and not paying attention to the whole situation. If the guy hadn't cheated he would fight to protect his name. He isn't. That is your answer.
He has, for several years. He's got his money, he's taking his ball and going home. He knows his accusers have no credibility. The only people who still think he doped, he couldn't care less about.
srt8madness is online now Find More Posts by srt8madness
Old Aug 24, 2012, 10:27 AM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
Dayton, OH
Joined Feb 2006
418 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by srt8madness View Post
That is a ridiculous logic. "there are simply too many drug test he passed for him to have doped". Now who tells the truth more, a inatimate object or jealous people?
There were tests done back then that he could fool, not now. I would be willing to bet they said they were going to go back and test them with the new technology or he could simply give in an accept the results. He opted for the latter to do as little damage as possible to his name.

Don't get me wrong. I like the guy and find his accomplishments impressive. There is no way he would throw away his life's work and accomplishments unless he had to.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 10:28 AM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
Dayton, OH
Joined Feb 2006
418 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by srt8madness View Post
He has, for several years. He's got his money, he's taking his ball and going home. He knows his accusers have no credibility. The only people who still think he doped, he couldn't care less about.
That's one opinion.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 10:28 AM
Reserved Parking
Joined Jun 2004
926 Posts
Quote:
Your line of reasoning needs a skittles run to be complete...
P-51C is offline Find More Posts by P-51C
Old Aug 24, 2012, 10:29 AM
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined May 2008
140 Posts
Quote:
There were tests done back then that he could fool, not now. I would be willing to bet they said they were going to go back and test them with the new technology or he could simply give in an accept the results. He opted for the latter to do as little damage as possible to his name.

Don't get me wrong. I like the guy and find his accomplishments impressive. There is no way he would throw away his life's work and accomplishments unless he had to.
It does seem uncharacteristic of a man who came back from cancer to win 7 tours.
saltyzoo is offline Find More Posts by saltyzoo
Old Aug 24, 2012, 10:29 AM
Out of Time
United States, TX
Joined Jul 2003
1,092 Posts
Quote:
"People" have agendas, jealousies and false memories.

"Documentation" (hundreds of negative tests) suffer from none of that. Just the factual truth of "what is", not "what someone wants it to be".
Highflight is offline Find More Posts by Highflight