Correct, compass calibration.
Stitch1615 is offline Find More Posts by Stitch1615
to remove ads between posts
Old May 25, 2015, 01:18 PM
Find More Posts by vanondemand
United States, WA, Blaine
Joined Mar 2014
18 Posts
Who has the best prices on authentic DJI batteries right now? I need to get 1 or 2
vanondemand is offline Find More Posts by vanondemand
Old May 25, 2015, 01:21 PM
Find More Posts by Mulherns
United States, ID, Post Falls
Joined Sep 2007
152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanondemand View Post
Who has the best prices on authentic DJI batteries right now? I need to get 1 or 2
Aren't the Banggood $80 ones with LCD just as good or better?
Mulherns is offline Find More Posts by Mulherns
Old May 26, 2015, 01:26 AM
Find More Posts by PaiRaN
Germany
Joined Mar 2015
13 Posts
at the moment they are permanently sold out waiting for 3 weeks by now ...
PaiRaN is offline Find More Posts by PaiRaN
Old May 26, 2015, 07:31 AM
Find More Posts by Gavinabe
Joined May 2014
54 Posts
I trying to figure out what Naza unit the P2 (non vision ) uses ? I a earlier post I said that I bought a Damaged P2 , the local distributor in my country want to charge over 600 USD to fix , He has suggests due the cost for him to get the parts imported , I buy parts off ebay , which I have mostly found for around about $200 . The only cost which makes it expensive to go ahead and buy is the GPS module . I have found a Compatible GPS Compass Module for DJI NAZA-M V2 / LITE Flight Control System . Which i would like to use .

Thanking you
Gavinabe is offline Find More Posts by Gavinabe
Old May 26, 2015, 07:50 AM
Find More Posts by GhostMaster
Portugal
Joined Feb 2012
5,691 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavinabe View Post
I trying to figure out what Naza unit the P2 (non vision ) uses ? I a earlier post I said that I bought a Damaged P2 , the local distributor in my country want to charge over 600 USD to fix , He has suggests due the cost for him to get the parts imported , I buy parts off ebay , which I have mostly found for around about $200 . The only cost which makes it expensive to go ahead and buy is the GPS module . I have found a Compatible GPS Compass Module for DJI NAZA-M V2 / LITE Flight Control System . Which i would like to use .

Thanking you
Uses naza v2 with custom firmware, I have one of that FCs for sale at 170$ new shipped, normal price is 200$.
Its new from rma.
GhostMaster is online now Find More Posts by GhostMaster
Old May 27, 2015, 06:38 AM
Find More Posts by js247
Joined Oct 2014
21 Posts
Suffered a bad fly-away and crash last week. still not sure what caused it. I had performed a compass calibration before the flight and waited for a home lock. I also tested all the controls with the rotors spinning before I took off. I took it up to 30 feet then it started to veer sideways and then it dived bombed into the woods behind a neighbors house. Quite scary actually I am glad it did not hit a house or a person.

Not sure how to troubleshoot I think I did everything per instructions and I've had many many problem free flights.
js247 is offline Find More Posts by js247
Old May 27, 2015, 10:37 AM
Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
13,096 Posts
When was the last time you did an IMU calibration? I would do that periodically.
Tahoe Ed is offline Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Tradecraft Case for the Inspire
Old Yesterday, 10:51 AM
Find More Posts by supercarrera
Joined May 2015
4 Posts
What's the best way to wire a "goodluckbuy" or ebay gimbal for power?
supercarrera is online now Find More Posts by supercarrera
Old Yesterday, 11:51 AM
Joined Sep 2007
152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by supercarrera View Post
What's the best way to wire a "goodluckbuy" or ebay gimbal for power?
I am about to tackle this myself and information is indeed sparse or vastly overshadowed by the Zenmuse information you have to wade past.

Others can correct me if I am wrong but you have 3 main ways for the power.

First and best is to connect directly to power by a cable you solder to the Phantom 2 board directly. Lots of information on this as it is the same method done on the Phantom 1.

Second and maybe tied to best is to use the red and brown cable out of the bottom of the chassis that is really there for FPV but can supply for gimbal too. I am going to dedicate this to FPV so I will go with option 1 for the gimbal.

The third and worst option is to use a separate LIPO for power. It is very inefficient with regards to the weight it will add.

Lastly, for the pitch movement, you connect ONE SINGLE pitch cable from the gimbal to the F2 port on the Naza. This information is also the same as on the Phantom 1.1.1.

You may also run into this in setting the movement of the gimbal in Naza:

http://www.phantompilots.com/threads...olution.39689/
Last edited by Mulherns; Yesterday at 12:40 PM. Reason: added link
Old Yesterday, 08:03 PM
Find More Posts by supercarrera
Joined May 2015
4 Posts
Thanks so much for your reply! Especially the link explaining the hidden menu in the Phantom Assistant! I was having a heck of time trying to figure out how to turn the gimbal control on util I followed the link you provided. I never heard about it anywhere else.

Anyway I ended up soldering the power wires to the board where the battery is connected and it works fine. I guess I need to tweak the settings for the tilt control because it goes up too far and not down far enough. Also it seems like it's either going to be all the way up, or all the way down.

On my first flight with the gimbal setup, the gimbal stopped working after a few minutes. It might have been because I was flying it too roughly. I turned off the battery and turned it on again and got it to start working again. I took it easy with the flying and everything seemed okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulherns View Post
I am about to tackle this myself and information is indeed sparse or vastly overshadowed by the Zenmuse information you have to wade past.

Others can correct me if I am wrong but you have 3 main ways for the power.

First and best is to connect directly to power by a cable you solder to the Phantom 2 board directly. Lots of information on this as it is the same method done on the Phantom 1.

Second and maybe tied to best is to use the red and brown cable out of the bottom of the chassis that is really there for FPV but can supply for gimbal too. I am going to dedicate this to FPV so I will go with option 1 for the gimbal.

The third and worst option is to use a separate LIPO for power. It is very inefficient with regards to the weight it will add.

Lastly, for the pitch movement, you connect ONE SINGLE pitch cable from the gimbal to the F2 port on the Naza. This information is also the same as on the Phantom 1.1.1.

You may also run into this in setting the movement of the gimbal in Naza:

http://www.phantompilots.com/threads...olution.39689/
supercarrera is online now Find More Posts by supercarrera
Old Yesterday, 10:18 PM
Joined Sep 2007
152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by supercarrera View Post
Thanks so much for your reply! Especially the link explaining the hidden menu in the Phantom Assistant! I was having a heck of time trying to figure out how to turn the gimbal control on util I followed the link you provided. I never heard about it anywhere else.

Anyway I ended up soldering the power wires to the board where the battery is connected and it works fine. I guess I need to tweak the settings for the tilt control because it goes up too far and not down far enough. Also it seems like it's either going to be all the way up, or all the way down.

On my first flight with the gimbal setup, the gimbal stopped working after a few minutes. It might have been because I was flying it too roughly. I turned off the battery and turned it on again and got it to start working again. I took it easy with the flying and everything seemed okay.
You are very welcome and I'm glad if I could help. That's what makes these forums so great because I'm still a noob at this stuff and have been helped by many posts already.it sounds like you are ahead of me as I just have my gamble mounted but still need to wire everything up. Stick around and help keep this thread alive if you want and please report back any information that might assist others. Cheers!