SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 23, 2014, 07:56 PM
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Mar 2013
7 Posts
Discussion
HLG Slope in Vancouver BC

Hey, for those nearby, I have been going out to the Maritime Museum/Hadden Park area for a small slope perfect for ballasted handlaunch or light slopers.
If it isn't raining and the winds are good 10-30kph from SW you can fly for as long as your batteries last and more! As long as you aren't bothering anyone, I have never had a problem flying here.
Relax Or if you're really skilled, you can try out acrobatics.

So far I seem to be the only one enjoying this amazing city spot. Just so you know it is by no means a very big feature. Check for yourselves, its the breakwater/lookout just off the dog beach. Make sure you know how to use flaps/spoilers for SPOT landings and gusts. I would recommend using a 4ch handlaunch(>1.5m) with a little dihedral.

Be warned, there is rocky water behind you and in front and a mistake will send it into the drink! As if you've never done anything like that before

RC DLG Beach Flying (2 min 13 sec)
Toxic_G is online now Find More Posts by Toxic_G
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 12:47 PM
United States, CA, Camarillo
Joined Jan 2005
762 Posts
Vancouver Sloping

Nice relaxing vid. I lived in Burnaby east of Vancouver for a while as a kid. Remember lots of rain! Wonder if there are any good spots along the Burrard Inlet, maybe at its east end. Seems like it might funnel the coastal flow? Also maybe some points in the ski areas north of the Inlet like Grouse Mt.?

Richard
CFIMEI is online now Find More Posts by CFIMEI