HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 09, 2014, 09:54 AM
Canada, ON, Palmerston
Joined Sep 2014
32 Posts
Discussion
need head tracking help with spekturm

fpv spekturm head track problem (3 min 26 sec)
flycrazy1981 is offline Find More Posts by flycrazy1981
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 09, 2014, 12:36 PM
Spektrum Dev Team
United States, IL, Champaign
Joined Apr 2002
1,110 Posts
Have you updated your radio to the latest firmware? I am a developer at Horizon working on the Spektrum team, and we put out an update on our community site (spektrumrc.com) to address this type of issue when used with a headtracker. You'll need to register your radio and download the update for it and install it in the radio with an SD card.

Have you seen "no signal" pop up on the screen at all when you are using head tracking? This would be a sure indication you need to do the update. Make sure you have the latest firmware installed and try again, if you have any further problems I'd be happy to help.
aaronredbaron is offline Find More Posts by aaronredbaron
Old Oct 09, 2014, 12:51 PM
fly by night
Joined Sep 2011
5,763 Posts
two steps
1/ order a new Taranis
2/ list the Spektrum for sale

flying buddy went through the same problem. He now has Taranis. Other flying buddy switched to Multiplex from Spektrum because he is into gliders. Now he is switching to Taranis too. I went Spektrum, to Jeti, to Taranis. For FPV, why be handcuffed?
BCSaltchucker is offline Find More Posts by BCSaltchucker
Old Oct 09, 2014, 01:58 PM
Spektrum Dev Team
Joined Apr 2002
1,110 Posts
If he does update the radio its very likely the issue will be addressed. And, the capabilities of his DX9 are very well suited to fpv, more than I can even tell you. I understand where you are coming from. I have been flying fpv longer than I've worked at Horizon. But there is a lot going on with the newer Spektrum radios and they have a lot of features that are worth taking a second look at.
Last edited by aaronredbaron; Oct 09, 2014 at 02:25 PM.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 05:47 AM
Canada, ON, Palmerston
Joined Sep 2014
32 Posts
will i have 1.06 update on radio now i looked and i am all up to date theres no new updates sence april and may so thats not the problem. also whats the best Taranis radio cause the spekturm starting to piss me off 1 they come out with a black dx9 not long after i bot mine with receiver
and my long 3 position switchs 1 is broke and the others on its way out and when i called to get it fixed they tell me i have to send my radio in. Well i live in canada i dont want to be with out a radio for a month or 2.
Last edited by flycrazy1981; Oct 10, 2014 at 05:58 AM.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 10:45 AM
Spektrum Dev Team
Joined Apr 2002
1,110 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flycrazy1981 View Post
will i have 1.06 update on radio now i looked and i am all up to date theres no new updates sence april and may so thats not the problem. also whats the best Taranis radio cause the spekturm starting to piss me off 1 they come out with a black dx9 not long after i bot mine with receiver
and my long 3 position switchs 1 is broke and the others on its way out and when i called to get it fixed they tell me i have to send my radio in. Well i live in canada i dont want to be with out a radio for a month or 2.
sorry it didn't work out for you. Are those Skyzone goggles? When did you purchase them? I have tested this code with Skyzones, but the set I have are very early. good luck, happy landings
Old Oct 10, 2014, 11:10 AM
Canada, ON, Palmerston
Joined Sep 2014
32 Posts
yep there skyzone and got them a week ago there v2
Old Oct 10, 2014, 11:24 AM
Spektrum Dev Team
Joined Apr 2002
1,110 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flycrazy1981 View Post
yep there skyzone and got them a week ago there v2
I will see if there is anything else I can do to help here. Even if you decide to go in a different direction I want to ensure the trainer link is working as well as possible. Sorry for your trouble, if I can be of any help please let me know
Old Oct 11, 2014, 05:34 AM
Canada, ON, Palmerston
Joined Sep 2014
32 Posts
yes there is ..Is there anyway you can help me get 2x3 position switchs the long ones from horizon so i can put them in my self so i don't have to send in my radio that would me sweet... Also has anyone else had this problem with the head tracking so i no i am not only person?