2,319 Posts
I dare you to ebay the sticker.
Carnifax is offline Find More Posts by Carnifax
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 18, 2012, 10:08 AM
Australia, WA, Madeley
Joined Jul 2011
686 Posts
Well the package finally arrived today.. amazing.
Not bad.. I only ordered it on the 20th December, so thats almost 6 months to the day.

I was right. lucky me got a Turnigy Badge!! awesome.
Not only do they try and placate me after 6 months with a 10c piece of plasctic, but it is with a badge that is advertising for them.

HK may have low prices but gees you pay for it in blood instead.

As before, if anyone wants to give me the contact details for someone like Anthony Hand or some other person in a position of some consequence I'd love to recieve it (via PM of corse).

Here is what I sent to John at HK service department:

Thank you.

As for the gift that I was promised. I do not appear to have received it.
I did notice that there was a "turnigy badge" in my parcel but as I had already received 2 of those in previous parcels I thought that it must be a promotional item.

If this is indeed the "gift" that was promised. I must comment on the level of customer commitment that hobby king has shown in this whole incident.

To date I have received only that for which I have paid, and indeed have I have paid for the postage several times over.

You were given an opportunity to do something positive for hobbyking's reputation. Instead you have tried to placate me with a bit of plastic, designed to advertise your product.

Your attitude towards customer service is absolutely appalling.

If you feel the need to remedy this situation you know my postage address as I have given it to you at least 4 times now.

At the very least I expect a decent reply to this service ticket.
__________________________________________________ _______
Wormboy is offline Find More Posts by Wormboy
Old Jun 18, 2012, 10:25 AM
Australia, WA, Madeley
Joined Jul 2011
686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnifax View Post
I dare you to ebay the sticker.
I would but noone would buy that
Old Jun 20, 2012, 06:51 AM
Australia, WA, Madeley
Joined Jul 2011
686 Posts
Followups from the previous message from Hobbyking

__________________________________________________ _________

Hi Mathew ,
Thanks for contacting the HobbyKing Support Team.

We are sorry for the inconvenience that is caused. It seems that our warehouse has missed gift. Please kindly contact us on live chat as soon as the new order is paid so that we can add for you.

Thanks for emailing support.
If you have any other questions, please let me know.
Regards.
John
__________________________________________________ _________
Hi John,

I'm not sure that you mean by " the new order is paid".
I do not have any orders pending and I do not plan to make any new orders for some time as I have all of the items I currently need.

Please be aware that I will not make a new order (and spend MORE money) just because the factory forgot to include the gift that you had promised me. It is now your responsibility.

You have had the chance to bulk package a gift item with my last order and did not do so. I will now expect that you will send me the item at no extra cost.

To help you in your decision, I have picked a couple of items and placed them in my wishlist. It would be fine if you chose to send me any of those items . Here is the direct URL to my public wishlist:###link###

For your convenience, I have chosen items that are available at both the Australian and International warehouses, and are in stock at both locations. If you wish to minimise the postage, I suggest the Australian warehouse.

Regards,
Mat

__________________________________________________ ___________
Hi Mathew ,
Thanks for contacting the HobbyKing Support Team.

Please kindly be advised that the gift is offered randomly by our warehouse which we have informed you on live chat. And we will add manually to your next order. Please kindly provide us new order ID so that we can make arrangement for you.

Thanks for emailing support.
f you have any other questions, please let me know.
Regards.
John
__________________________________________________ _____________
Hi John,

I think you are still referring to our previous arrangement, whereby the warehouse was going to include a gift in my previous package.. Which did not happen.

Since your warehouse has ammended that arrangement by not sending me a gift, I would like to further ammend it by indicating that it is now Hobbyking's responsability to send it to me as a separate package.

As the warehouse did not manage to complete the task assigned to them on the last occasion I have lost confidence in them. Since you personally have been so helpful in the past I would appreciate it if you were able to organise my new package from your end, and not leave it up to the warehouse.

Since it will be you organising it directly, I refer you back to my wishlist items, which would make excellent choices for a gift to me.

Regards,
Mat
Old Jun 20, 2012, 07:31 AM
United States, FL, Sebring
Joined Feb 2006
7,463 Posts
Mat,

I really think you are whipping a dead mule. Isn't your time worth more?
Joe 1320 is offline Find More Posts by Joe 1320
Old Jun 20, 2012, 08:53 AM
Australia, WA, Madeley
Joined Jul 2011
686 Posts
Yeah, you're probably right. I have my TX now and may let them off the hook. see how I feel after then next round of replies

It's more the principle now. I hate being lied to and then letting them get away with it.

Its like dog training.. if you let it get away with doing its business on the carpet, it will keep on doing it.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 09:36 AM
United States, FL, Sebring
Joined Feb 2006
7,463 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormboy View Post
Yeah, you're probably right. I have my TX now and may let them off the hook. see how I feel after then next round of replies

It's more the principle now. I hate being lied to and then letting them get away with it.

Its like dog training.. if you let it get away with doing its business on the carpet, it will keep on doing it.
Yeah, but the problem is that people keep sending them money. Consumers should vote with their wallets, not just their voice.
Joe 1320 is offline Find More Posts by Joe 1320
Old Jun 20, 2012, 12:25 PM
Cleveland
Joined Jun 2002
2,319 Posts
I hate being lied to as well and appluad your efforts to press the issue. I would imagine the internal workings of HK would make for a heck of a reality show.
Carnifax is offline Find More Posts by Carnifax
Old Oct 08, 2012, 11:43 PM
Joined May 2009
102 Posts
I place an order on Hobby King on September 2 and the plane showed in stock. Five weeks now and the plane still has not been shipped. I contacted them four times and the only reply I get is "I will check with the warehouse". The plane was paid form with PayPal and I paid for air shipping. This might be the last time I order with them or I will only order from the US warehouse. Never never anything from China. Buyer beware if you place an order from there. I guess I will place a complaint with PayPal. I just want my plane and nothing else.
bart4u is offline Find More Posts by bart4u
Old Oct 12, 2012, 01:17 AM
Australia, WA, Madeley
Joined Jul 2011
686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bart4u View Post
I place an order on Hobby King on September 2 and the plane showed in stock. Five weeks now and the plane still has not been shipped. I contacted them four times and the only reply I get is "I will check with the warehouse". The plane was paid form with PayPal and I paid for air shipping. This might be the last time I order with them or I will only order from the US warehouse. Never never anything from China. Buyer beware if you place an order from there. I guess I will place a complaint with PayPal. I just want my plane and nothing else.
I can only give you my advice for dealing with them... It may not be the best advice as it took them almost a year to sort out my debarcle, but I did get it sorted in the end.

Contact them via livechat and dont log out until they give you a decent answer.
If you give them any opportunity to delay your request they will. If they say they have to contact hte warehouse, tell them to call the warehouse right then and there, and that you are happy to wait for thier answer.

If you get deferred from livechat to a service ticket then take the name of the customer (dis)service person, say to them you want the service ticket responded to within a certain time (say 2 working days is reasonable) and note both the name and the time frame in the service ticket. If they do not respond within that period, get back on the livechat and tell them to get onto it, noting the name of the consultant and the service ticket number. Maybe something like:

"Three days ago, Cheryl (insert your consultants name here) assured me that my service ticket (#XXXX) would be responded to within XX days. This has not occured, Could you please remind Cheryl of our agreement and ask her, or her manager, to respond to my service ticket as soon as possible?"

Remember to keep it civil as they will disconnect you if you start becoming abusive (as is thier right) and make sure you are very specific about what you want, when you want it and who you want it done by.

PS: sorry Cheryl, yours was the first name that came to mind )
Old Oct 12, 2012, 05:32 PM
Joined Sep 2012
35 Posts
A person never forgets being treated as bad as some of these examples have been..Rather than customer service it should be defined as customer abuse.

Running a large and growing concern gives no right for them to exercise these atrocious behaviors. The only way it is going to work for the customer. As soon as ninety days is very close launch a paypal claim.Back your paypal account with a credit card.

Get your money back and order again if you like. If an order is not either recieved in the ninety days or there is a resultant issue with it. Launching a claim is about all the recourse we seem to have in too many cases. I like hobby king as long as they are above board in their dealings with me. So far so good by the way.

The ideal of buying something like a defective transmitter and returning it to them at your expense. Then them discounting the original value to half of what it cost you is an insane fraudulent policy. At that rate they could re cycle returned defective products onto the market and make money from doing so.
barrymore is offline Find More Posts by barrymore
Last edited by barrymore; Oct 12, 2012 at 05:44 PM.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 01:26 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
353 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bart4u View Post
If I where you I would open a Paypal dispute. Look how long the OP waited just to get ripped off. Remember you only get 45 days to open a dispute.
valanti256 is offline Find More Posts by valanti256
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 15, 2012, 01:38 PM
Joined Aug 2012
15 Posts
i hope i get my 120 size gee bee.i dident see the bad untill after the order was in this weekend. i thought big company ,no problem. will see what happens. i will let you know. jd out.
jeff denham is offline Find More Posts by jeff denham
Old Oct 15, 2012, 04:47 PM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
21,108 Posts
Hi Jeff, they are a big company they fill ~6000 orders/day. My plane shipments took 3-4 weeks from HongKong and 1 week from the USA warehouse. 78 orders to date with one problem that they fixed. Is your GeeBee in the tracking system yet?
hoppy is offline Find More Posts by hoppy
Old Oct 15, 2012, 06:26 PM
Australia, WA, Madeley
Joined Jul 2011
686 Posts
I'm sure you'll be fine Jeff. Things only go wrong in a small proportion of cases. It's just that when it goes bad it can go very bad. As hoppy says they fill tons of orders per day, the vast majority of which will reach their destination as planned