SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 10, 2012, 10:35 AM
texas
Joined May 2005
105 Posts
Discussion
JR/Spektrum as buddy box for Aurora9 - do basic functions work ok ? ...

hi ,

spektrum dx7 , or JR xp8103

i have looked thru some post on this forum,

seems like mixed results on trying this .. so i am trying to just see how much this is done.

so in real world , is basic setup like standard first 4 channels , work well ?

maybe only have to setup trim on the jr/spektrum ?

or is there alot of mapping and tweaking for first 4 channels ?

after that anyway to get the channels with mixing to work ?

just trying to pin down if this going to be solid and basic setup work or better to get hiteck radio for buddy box ?

thanks
rcfun2005 is offline Find More Posts by rcfun2005
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 10, 2012, 11:07 AM
texas
Joined May 2005
105 Posts
to clarify my post ,,, i saw this below ...

from: "Aurora: Trainer / Buddy system Master & Slave function Set-up & Data Transfer A9<>A9."

" 08. Aurora 9 as Master with JR/Spektrum = Negative

Despite being able to select 6 different user modes, the output to receiver remains in the same channel order which is different to some other brands. After market in line adapters are available but with limitations as to master/slave, channel numbers and mixing ability. "

so does this "negative" above , mean aurora9 will not work jr/spectrum as buddy box ?

thanks, joe
rcfun2005 is offline Find More Posts by rcfun2005
Old Jan 10, 2012, 02:38 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfun2005 View Post
to clarify my post ,,, i saw this below ...
from: "Aurora: Trainer / Buddy system Master & Slave function Set-up & Data Transfer A9<>A9." " 08. Aurora 9 as Master with JR/Spektrum = NegativeDespite being able to select 6 different user modes, the output to receiver remains in the same channel order which is different to some other brands. After market in line adapters are available but with limitations as to master/slave, channel numbers and mixing ability. "
so does this "negative" above , mean aurora9 will not work jr/spectrum as buddy box ?thanks, joe
Yes. "negative" above does mean aurora9 will not work jr/spectrum as buddy box
Futaba/Hitec transmitters cannot be linked to JR/Airtronics/GWS transmitters
with a simple cable, because channel assignments, shift, and voltage levels are different.
(Shift does not apply to the A9, but there are other issues when trying to
transfer a good signal level between the two very disimilar brands).

This unless you wish to experiment with DIY as also provided:
GWS - Buddy (Trainer) to Hitec, Futaba, JR & Sanwa (aka Airtronics).
- To date not known to have been successful with an Aurora.
Much easier and less risk of inherent problems, is to buy a new or cheap second hand fully compatible "slave"
such as an Eclipse 7 Pro (closest after another A9), Eclipse 7 or an Optic 6 to take advantage of similar mixes.

much more detailed information available under sub ection
"Trainer (Buddy box) cables - DIY " under
"Buddy Boxes. Servo Leads. Flight Simulator & Interface." at:
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links (quick search = Ctrl+F)

Alan T.
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
Last edited by A.T.; Jan 10, 2012 at 02:44 PM.