HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 07, 2012, 09:53 PM
United States, MI, Ann Arbor
Joined Sep 2012
85 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyCool73 View Post
Hi guys. Not long had my V911, and looking to get extra batteries. Had a look on ebay and they all look like they have a different connection to the ones that came with my heli. Mine have a plain back end with a small white protruding connecter that plugs in the heli. The ones i've seen on ebay don't have the white bit..... Help!!
You are not alone my friend. I have the new V911 with the smaller battery connector as well. Just got mine very recently too. As mentioned in a previous post by Daryoon, the only place that can be found thus far to sell the new style batteries is TMart.

Be prepared to wait a bit for spares though! As indicated on the TMart website, that item comes from the "international warehouse" - which is Hong Kong, China. AND they're on backorder. Which according to the TMart listing, could mean six to nine days before it even LEAVES the warehouse and gets in the mail. Then you've got another 2-4 weeks to wait while its mailed to you.

My advice to you, if you want spares, is to order them as soon as possible because you've got a long wait ahead of you anyways before you get them.

I bought four of these spares, to go with the four batteries I already have from both my V911 kits. From what I've found: the batteries are not readily available from any US distributor or private seller that i've found yet.
HuskySpade is offline Find More Posts by HuskySpade
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 07, 2012, 10:40 PM
Get to the choppa!
United States, PA, Pittsburgh
Joined Sep 2012
358 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicksterRC View Post
Where do you buy the magic elixir?
I actually found it at a local hobby shop for 4.95. It is made in ohio. You can find it on niftech's site. It is on this page about 3/4 of the way down.

http://niftech.com/catalog.php?mode=1000
RFDelie is offline Find More Posts by RFDelie
Old Oct 07, 2012, 11:55 PM
Battery Powered==(*)==
Mesquite, Nevada
Joined Jan 2002
490 Posts
How do you set the Dual Rate Mode on the V911 ?

Also I fixed my transmitter that wasn't working out of the box. I resoldered a bunch of connections and checked for solder bridges. The Radio is soldered poorly from the factory looks to be hand soldered on some surface mount chips.
tomcor is online now Find More Posts by tomcor
Old Oct 08, 2012, 12:00 AM
Bvc
United States, TX, Houston
Joined May 2012
330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMo View Post
Believe it or not, flying style probably won't have much if any effect at all on your flight time (assuming no mechanical issues). In tests my V911 lasts exactly 6 minutes (almost to the second) no matter if I just softly hover the whole time or zoom around outside at full throttle for most of the time. In fact I have found the same for all my R/C stuff.

The efficiency of these electrical systems (lipo's, motors, etc) peaks around 80-90% power so much less than that and you're pretty much using just as much power.
Interesting. I might test this out myself. Thanks!
Bvc is offline Find More Posts by Bvc
Old Oct 08, 2012, 04:24 AM
Joined Aug 2012
380 Posts
I have a question whats the coldest you run your v911 safely just got home from work and its 62f in the house but my main motor me thinks is boned. No lift and all plus i have to hit the main
blades to get em spinning.
firstadam2k is online now Find More Posts by firstadam2k
Old Oct 08, 2012, 04:31 AM
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
Southwold, Suffolk, UK.
Joined Nov 2002
4,914 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstadam2k View Post
I have a question whats the coldest you run your v911 safely just got home from work and its 62f in the house but my main motor me thinks is boned. No lift and all plus i have to hit the main

Same happened to me, your motor's toast I'm afraid...
Matt Halton is offline Find More Posts by Matt Halton
Old Oct 08, 2012, 12:46 PM
umop apisdn - downside up
United States, MI, West Bloomfield Township
Joined Sep 2012
948 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFDelie View Post
I often take my kid to the park and pretend the junglegym is like a big city. I dont care what anyone says. My v911 will always have a place on the wall.
Needs better resolution. I can't read the post-it note.

Owen
nagromnewo is offline Find More Posts by nagromnewo
Old Oct 08, 2012, 12:51 PM
Italy, Tuscany, Follonica
Joined Jun 2012
140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicksterRC View Post
"Shudders" can be caused by too much side to side play of the main rotors.
As indicated by the arrows

This can be caused by too large a gap in the area indicated where the main rotors are mounted onto the post on part "1".

Some users have added a washer to the post on part "1" to reduce the side to side play.
thanks friend, now I understand!
enea 54 is offline Find More Posts by enea 54
Old Oct 08, 2012, 03:18 PM
Joined Oct 2012
10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskySpade View Post
You are not alone my friend. I have the new V911 with the smaller battery connector as well. Just got mine very recently too. As mentioned in a previous post by Daryoon, the only place that can be found thus far to sell the new style batteries is TMart.

Be prepared to wait a bit for spares though! As indicated on the TMart website, that item comes from the "international warehouse" - which is Hong Kong, China. AND they're on backorder. Which according to the TMart listing, could mean six to nine days before it even LEAVES the warehouse and gets in the mail. Then you've got another 2-4 weeks to wait while its mailed to you.

My advice to you, if you want spares, is to order them as soon as possible because you've got a long wait ahead of you anyways before you get them.

I bought four of these spares, to go with the four batteries I already have from both my V911 kits. From what I've found: the batteries are not readily available from any US distributor or private seller that i've found yet.
Cheers for the heads up. Lets hope the new batterys become more readily availabe very soon!
DaddyCool73 is offline Find More Posts by DaddyCool73
Old Oct 08, 2012, 03:38 PM
United States, VT, Windsor
Joined Apr 2012
354 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstadam2k View Post
I was flying mine at 40 degrees F the other morning and it didn't care, I hope it don't cause I like to fly most of the winter but I keep heli's in my den. Have had over the years a couple of TX's that didn't like the cold. I used to fly 9116 at 20 degrees and tail motor loved it, I didn't.

Ray
rpc4 is offline Find More Posts by rpc4
Old Oct 08, 2012, 05:09 PM
United States, NM, Deming
Joined Sep 2012
418 Posts
Ordered 9x Solderless Programmer Board with LED Backlight Support today, but unfortunately they are on back order. Also managed to break a flybar on my v911 yesterday and my BG order is still not here...So I wait......
cervri is offline Find More Posts by cervri
Old Oct 08, 2012, 07:10 PM
My Corter Is Borken
United States, OH, Newark
Joined Jun 2012
333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytester View Post
my wife just complained , Why are the end tables from the patio out in the middle of the backyard. I can't believe that she doesn't realise that it is actually a tall building on which my 911 can land and take off from to transport executives and medical items in emergencies.
being an imaginary heli pilot is not an easy job.
tonytester.
LOL
Now that is some funny shiat.
MC808 is offline Find More Posts by MC808
Old Oct 08, 2012, 07:50 PM
Joined Sep 2012
259 Posts
Woo hoo! FS-TH9X on its way! I flew with my brothers tx and what a difference! It was nice because after the initial binding wit mine, it had no trouble binding almost instantly to either heli. Next paycheck, I'm getting a bind and fly or two!
elkabong80 is offline Find More Posts by elkabong80
Old Oct 08, 2012, 08:10 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,323 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcor View Post
How do you set the Dual Rate Mode on the V911 ?

Also I fixed my transmitter that wasn't working out of the box. I resoldered a bunch of connections and checked for solder bridges. The Radio is soldered poorly from the factory looks to be hand soldered on some surface mount chips.
You can't make any adjustments to the dual rate on the stock tx..to turn on the D/R the push button switch on the top left is what you need to use.
Jake8131 is online now Find More Posts by Jake8131
Old Oct 08, 2012, 09:44 PM
Joined Nov 2005
40 Posts
I have the original and yellow V911s with turnigy 9X using open9x, and there was no problem.
(Yellow one has a small problem about binding. Whenever I plug a battery to the heli, I need to bind it with a radio.)

But after crashing the yellow one to wall yesterday, I found a new problem.
If I slowly increase the throttle, the yellow heli first starts to rotate a main rotor. But suddenly it stops rotating a main rotor. But, if I instantly move up the throttle with full power, it flew well.
The battery was fully charged and checked it with the original V911.

I tried to figure out the problem, but I have no idea yet.
What parts should be replaced? board? main motor?
harmony is offline Find More Posts by harmony