HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 27, 2012, 06:23 AM
how'd I do that....oh
South Africa, GP, Pretoria
Joined May 2011
2,260 Posts
Here's another vid of DemonGti's Bandit that I filmed on his maiden(notice the gloomy weather) and it tracked very well.
PA Bandit - Stormy Maiden (5 min 23 sec)

Amazing plane.can do all the low slow stuff on very responsive on 3s setup.stick in a 4s pack,prop down to 12x6 and you have one insane animal ready for crazy flying
chop stiX is offline Find More Posts by chop stiX
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 27, 2012, 06:34 AM
I'm torquing to you!
Wattle Grove NSW Australia
Joined Nov 2006
7,422 Posts
Here's another of mine. BTW all of mine are on iPAS with 3s vox 14x7 prop. You can see it has plenty of power on this setup.

Mr K & Cloaked Bandits at Hammondville 1/4/2012 (4 min 17 sec)
Mr Kamikaze is offline Find More Posts by Mr Kamikaze
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Hucking my Katana MX
Old Nov 27, 2012, 06:38 AM
I'm torquing to you!
Wattle Grove NSW Australia
Joined Nov 2006
7,422 Posts
Hahahahaha I like how desperate Malcolm and I were to maiden our Bandits. Mine in fog, his on a rainy day. We just couldn't wait!!!
Mr Kamikaze is offline Find More Posts by Mr Kamikaze
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Hucking my Katana MX
Old Nov 27, 2012, 07:07 AM
how'd I do that....oh
South Africa, GP, Pretoria
Joined May 2011
2,260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Kamikaze View Post
Hahahahaha I like how desperate Malcolm and I were to maiden our Bandits. Mine in fog, his on a rainy day. We just couldn't wait!!!
haha
you have no idea.we had one of the worst storms I've ever experienced that side of town
we were just about to pack up and call it a waste,since it started coming down 10 mins after we got there.so waited it out for an hour and it calmed down.though it wasn't too pleasant
chop stiX is offline Find More Posts by chop stiX
Old Nov 28, 2012, 05:45 AM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Oct 2009
113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbeacham68 View Post
Hi

I need some help from people who know the PA Bandit well!

I first saw this plane early last year and straight away I thought it looked awesome. I was in the market for my first aerobatic/3D plane and came so close to going for it. Being a relative novice, however, I was keen to get something that was as stable as possible in 3D manoeuvres and this is where I read a few slightly negative things about the model in this forum. As a result I went with an EF model, and that certainly flies every bit as well as I'd hoped, BUT it's not a Bandit!

I still just love the way the Bandit looks and am teetering on the edge of getting one once again but , again have read mixed messages about it's flight characteristics. I cannot justify swapping an excellent flying model for one which is way inferior based on looks alone. So, you guys who know the Bandit well, could you give me a concise, honest evaluation of how this thing flies for precision and 3D aerobatics so I can put myself out of my misery and decide once and for all!

Many thanks

Mark
I would recommend using caution. I have many flights on mine and its not for the new pilot. If you prefer smaller aircraft, it may work for you; larger aircraft will be more stable. This airplane requires a higher degree of building experience and flying experience
bobmixon is offline Find More Posts by bobmixon
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 28, 2012, 06:23 AM
Landing, watch your ass!!!
Joined Dec 2010
89 Posts
Actually, I do not blame it all on pa, I know it is unfair, one thing I have to clarify, you know, if a rib is introduced to isolate the fuse from the main wing and the stabilizer, the box will burden more since we think the express is an old issue last till now. It will works like the rib or bulkhead in the plane. Hope we can help to solve this problem. It is a gift from my friend, we both feel disappoint in some degree. I 'd like to share the pics with you guys privately instead in here.
flyball is offline Find More Posts by flyball
Old Nov 28, 2012, 09:07 AM
Team Hitec
United States, IN, Winamac
Joined Jan 2006
93 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyball View Post
Actually, I do not blame it all on pa, I know it is unfair, one thing I have to clarify, you know, if a rib is introduced to isolate the fuse from the main wing and the stabilizer, the box will burden more since we think the express is an old issue last till now. It will works like the rib or bulkhead in the plane. Hope we can help to solve this problem. It is a gift from my friend, we both feel disappoint in some degree. I 'd like to share the pics with you guys privately instead in here.
Flyball,

Please send me pictures of the damage. Also, have you contacted PA support for assistance?

Thank You!!

Jim
Team PA
zemkes_wolfpack is online now Find More Posts by zemkes_wolfpack
Old Nov 28, 2012, 12:07 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,628 Posts
Flyball~ I dont think you are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel! Everyone is here to try to help you; pictures would tell the whole story, and you still are not providing relevant information. Post pics up, send them to PA corporate, send them to PA USA, SEND THEM TO JIM.

Jim is a PA Pilot, he and others will be obliged to help if you give them a chance. As I stated before, if you do not contact their offices and show the damage that occurred, how can you expect them to help?

I have spoken with Steve so many times, despite the feedback occasionally posted about the USA offices I can assure you they do genuinely care and will take measures to make this right. But you must give them something to chew on here... I am sure they would like to be proactive to prevent this from happening in the future; perhaps if you sent them pictures of the packaging they can use those photos to improve their packaging even further to make sure this does not happen to future customers.

But just posting gripes with no photos will likely get you Nowhere but frustrated.
bsbauman is online now Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nice Pic
Old Dec 02, 2012, 04:05 PM
United States, GA, Pooler
Joined Nov 2008
324 Posts
Just when you thought you've gotten through the hardest part of the build... You haven't installed the VGs. I got all the holes cut ok, but test fitting resulted in the breaking of at least 2 balsa pieces (in the wing structure) that were supported to old the VGs in.... It's like they didn't leave enough space from the edge of the balsa brace and the VG holes. I still have one solid hole so I'll just have to glue in and hope for the best.

"Gluing in and hoping for the best" = my slogan thus far for the Bandit.
For the price I paid for the entire pro package, bling package and everything I have been beyond disappointed.

Also, is it just me or has anyone else noticed tiny holes throughout their covering. When using a flashlight to search for the VG holes I noticed that there are a ton of really tiny holes in my covering, more-so noticeable around the "Bandit" sticker of the right wing.
pilot_keeter is offline Find More Posts by pilot_keeter
Old Dec 02, 2012, 04:59 PM
Australia, ACT, Kambah
Joined Feb 2001
3,226 Posts
Im most of the way thru building mine, and while a little fiddly with control linkages it hasn't been too bad. I was pleased to find the stab aligned perfect with the wing tube and also both stab tips were the same distance from the nose. didn't buy the vgs. Hopefully finish this week.
scirocco is online now Find More Posts by scirocco
Old Dec 02, 2012, 08:45 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,628 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot_keeter View Post
Just when you thought you've gotten through the hardest part of the build... You haven't installed the VGs. I got all the holes cut ok, but test fitting resulted in the breaking of at least 2 balsa pieces (in the wing structure) that were supported to old the VGs in.... It's like they didn't leave enough space from the edge of the balsa brace and the VG holes. I still have one solid hole so I'll just have to glue in and hope for the best.

"Gluing in and hoping for the best" = my slogan thus far for the Bandit.
For the price I paid for the entire pro package, bling package and everything I have been beyond disappointed.

Also, is it just me or has anyone else noticed tiny holes throughout their covering. When using a flashlight to search for the VG holes I noticed that there are a ton of really tiny holes in my covering, more-so noticeable around the "Bandit" sticker of the right wing.
These do not come together in one hour like a Parkzone plane. Most competent builders know if two pieces do not fit together, then you likely should not try to force the fit as you have done with the VGs- resulting in your breaking wood. Mine, I had to sand down the VG's significantly to make them fit, it was tight but a perfect fit after some sanding.

I had offered several times to give you a hand; but it sounds like you keep making things worse and worse for yourself...

Your attitude of "glueing and hoping for the best" is troublesome and dangerous at best... I would not even feel comfortable test flying that for you considering your construction method is Glue and Pray. You might have had a completely different build experience had you only reached out and asked a specific question like:

What did others do to fit their VG's?

Offer pictures of your build and more experienced persons can actually see what is going on; rather than hoping others can visualize your issues before you have them... To be honest, I am finding it frustrating that no one asks the right questions or posts any pictures of troublesome parts of their build. If you had engaged a more experienced builder to help you, you would likely be singing a different tune- and you would have learned a handful of tricks along the way that you could apply to future builds.

That is my honest opinion.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by bsbauman; Dec 02, 2012 at 08:53 PM.
Old Dec 02, 2012, 09:49 PM
United States, GA, Pooler
Joined Nov 2008
324 Posts
I understand what you are saying. And to correct you, I sanded every VG prior to fitting. Used the methods described in the manual to a T, this is just the most cumbersome build I've seen to date.
pilot_keeter is offline Find More Posts by pilot_keeter
Old Dec 02, 2012, 10:38 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,628 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot_keeter View Post
... this is just the most cumbersome build I've seen to date.
That is a pretty heavy statement.... I have no idea of what projects are behind you; what else have you built?

And I dont mean to bash ya, but your comments are tiresome considering you have had opportunities for assistance. I guess that whole "Glue & Hope" comment really got to me, but what the heck- its not my ship and you can build it and fly it however you choose... I have said my mind and I will leave it at that.

I do hope your bandit flies well and that you can get it in the air soon; GL with the remainder of your build and be sure to fly it in a safe location.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nice Pic
Old Dec 02, 2012, 10:45 PM
Australia, ACT, Kambah
Joined Feb 2001
3,226 Posts
Dunno about the Vgs, but all the horn tabs were a little long for the slots, but a few seconds with a fine file gives a perfect fit. IMO better than the traditional bolt on horn. And while a lot of care required, my ailerons are perfectly aligned with only 1&2 steps of subtrim.
scirocco is online now Find More Posts by scirocco
Old Dec 03, 2012, 11:03 AM
United Kingdom, England, Crawley
Joined Nov 2011
95 Posts
Wondered if anyone could help me out. i took the bandit out for its maiden flight and wow cant believe how stable she fly's. first flight was kept short and it was a bit tail heavy. using a 4s 2200 but not a problem still easy to control. second flight decided to play a bit more. I noticed when i do knife edge i seem to have a vibration or at least sounds like i have vibration does anyone know what it might be. i have done everything by the instructions and sealed all the hing gaps but I am stumped???
matthew_herbe is offline Find More Posts by matthew_herbe