HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Apr 23, 2012, 06:50 PM
Crashing into the sky!
jackosmeister's Avatar
Auckland NZ
Joined Aug 2007
7,389 Posts
Nice build Voodoo, build it the right way first time
jackosmeister is offline Find More Posts by jackosmeister
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 23, 2012, 07:52 PM
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
VooDoo Child's Avatar
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Aug 2010
2,834 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackosmeister View Post
Nice build Voodoo, build it the right way first time
I wish it was as easy as "build it right the first time" i just spent the last hour pulling everything apart,and redoing the ball links (was not perfect length for trim) and changing the screws for button heads.....Now i am happy with the wing .....well,as soon as i get servo covers ......I like my new Mega
VooDoo Child is offline Find More Posts by VooDoo Child
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2012, 09:47 PM
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
VooDoo Child's Avatar
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Aug 2010
2,834 Posts
There stickers are cut un-even : ) Never trust a factory cut.......I think i have sniffed to much glue...goodnight
VooDoo Child is offline Find More Posts by VooDoo Child
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2012, 01:10 AM
You down with EPP?
johnnyrocco123's Avatar
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,851 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo Child View Post
There stickers are cut un-even : ) Never trust a factory cut.......I think i have sniffed to much glue...goodnight
What mega are you using?
johnnyrocco123 is offline Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2012, 09:08 AM
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
VooDoo Child's Avatar
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Aug 2010
2,834 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123 View Post
What mega are you using?
I am using the 16-#$-&.% @*
VooDoo Child is offline Find More Posts by VooDoo Child
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2012, 09:23 AM
You down with EPP?
johnnyrocco123's Avatar
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,851 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo Child View Post
I am using the 16-#$-&.% @*
Yeah, those are over rated.
johnnyrocco123 is offline Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2012, 11:51 AM
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
VooDoo Child's Avatar
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Aug 2010
2,834 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123 View Post
Yeah, those are over rated.
Then one of us heard wrong,I was told that it will make Henke,s Kolibri powered Swist look like a micro Polecat next to my Mega powered Swist
VooDoo Child is offline Find More Posts by VooDoo Child
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2012, 12:19 PM
310mph Kolibri T25 Swist
henke's Avatar
Sverige, Kronobergs Lšn, Ljungby
Joined Jan 2001
4,827 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo Child View Post
Then one of us heard wrong,I was told that it will make Henke,s Kolibri powered Swist look like a micro Polecat next to my Mega powered Swist
I've actually got 2 more engines on order
henke is offline Find More Posts by henke
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2012, 09:45 PM
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
VooDoo Child's Avatar
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Aug 2010
2,834 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by henke View Post
I've actually got 2 more engines on order
I hate you.....In a good way
VooDoo Child is offline Find More Posts by VooDoo Child
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2012, 09:52 PM
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
VooDoo Child's Avatar
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Aug 2010
2,834 Posts
Since getting pictures of a Swist elevator,servo,and mount setup seems to be harder then getting a picture of BigFoot : )......I figured i would try a get a couple of mine as i get it together........After days of mind screwing myself on the topic of Carbon rod or Snake....I have decided to do the carbon rod,i am just doing it different then i planed before......On a side note,i can not wait tell i have a few F5D builds under my belt,and acually know what i am doing more pics of my mess to come
VooDoo Child is offline Find More Posts by VooDoo Child
Last edited by VooDoo Child; Apr 25, 2012 at 09:59 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2012, 11:42 PM
Registered User
Lenny970's Avatar
Greeley, Colorado, USA
Joined Feb 2000
2,893 Posts
Nice!
I assume you'll have a small hole above the rear servo mounting screw, but is there enough clearance above the tray to allow servo removal?

Lenny
Lenny970 is online now Find More Posts by Lenny970
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2012, 03:23 AM
Go ahead. Meme me!
vespa's Avatar
Thousand Oaks, CA
Joined Mar 2004
2,627 Posts
I've never seen a pylon plane eat an elevator servo but if it somehow did (and somehow survived) you could hammer a strip of sharpened metal in there to chisel that tray out in 5 minutes. I say glue it on in. Rod is a good choice, just check that the servo will stall without buckling the rod. Ideally the rod would be extremely light and thin walled with the largest possible diameter but the typical thick wall stuff is fine also. Check the heli section of your hobby shop for tail rotor pushrods if needed. Also your servo may not end up parallel to the rod so you might need a ball link at that end.
vespa is offline Find More Posts by vespa
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2012, 07:34 AM
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
VooDoo Child's Avatar
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Aug 2010
2,834 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenny970 View Post
Nice!
I assume you'll have a small hole above the rear servo mounting screw, but is there enough clearance above the tray to allow servo removal?

Lenny
I have not mounted it yet,just finished shaping the mount to fit and took the pic.But like Vespa posted,if for some reason the servo went bad (knock on wood,I have never had that happen) I will just break it out of there.
VooDoo Child is offline Find More Posts by VooDoo Child
Last edited by VooDoo Child; Apr 26, 2012 at 06:06 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2012, 07:39 AM
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
VooDoo Child's Avatar
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Aug 2010
2,834 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vespa View Post
I've never seen a pylon plane eat an elevator servo but if it somehow did (and somehow survived) you could hammer a strip of sharpened metal in there to chisel that tray out in 5 minutes. I say glue it on in. Rod is a good choice, just check that the servo will stall without buckling the rod. Ideally the rod would be extremely light and thin walled with the largest possible diameter but the typical thick wall stuff is fine also. Check the heli section of your hobby shop for tail rotor pushrods if needed. Also your servo may not end up parallel to the rod so you might need a ball link at that end.
That is a great idea about the heli dept,I drove to three hobby stores before I found one that had a snug fit on the 2-56 all thread....well,back to the hobby store. ; ) and yes,it will need a ball link on the back to keep things smooth.....thanks for the help. Doug
VooDoo Child is offline Find More Posts by VooDoo Child
Last edited by VooDoo Child; Apr 26, 2012 at 06:07 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2012, 06:11 PM
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
VooDoo Child's Avatar
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Aug 2010
2,834 Posts
I dig shopping for cool stuff Picked up a new crabon rod (again,thanks vespa) motor screws,heat sink,GM Folder,and Bla Bla Bla......My only problem now,is i am rethinking the Hitec HS65 karbonite on the elev
VooDoo Child is offline Find More Posts by VooDoo Child
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools