HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 23, 2012, 05:37 PM
FS One
Urbana, Illinois
Joined Dec 2004
84 Posts
quick-n-dirty F-86

If you're in a rush, edit the BVM MiG-15 to match your 15-inch F-86 and repaint it ;-)
The planforms are remarkably similar: http://www.jitterbuzz.com/navfil/mig_sabre.jpg
camilleg is offline Find More Posts by camilleg
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 23, 2012, 10:00 PM
Inciting Riots
Joined Dec 2006
9,687 Posts
Thought of that too.
village_idiot is offline Find More Posts by village_idiot
Old Jan 26, 2012, 02:51 PM
Regina, Canada
Joined Sep 2010
144 Posts
FS ONE and DX8 Problem

I have bought and installed FS One
I have the usb adapter and cable from FS One for the DX8
For some reason I can not get it to recognixe my DX8
My old TacCan transmitter from V1 works?
What am I doing wrong?
dmoisuk is offline Find More Posts by dmoisuk
Old Feb 05, 2012, 11:41 PM
FS One
United States, IL, Champaign
Joined Sep 2005
501 Posts
Update 2.0.9

The 2.0.9 update is out (on www.fsone.com). This one is a maintenance release with updates to the Help Manual and Flight Manual, and it fixes an occasional glitch with the Scaling Wizard (if it was used to create new planes w/ 2.0.8).

Now on to the next one!
MSelig is offline Find More Posts by MSelig
Old Feb 05, 2012, 11:46 PM
Registered Addict
United Kingdom, Stoke-on-Trent
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
This is great news !
Kris... is offline Find More Posts by Kris...
Old Feb 17, 2012, 12:22 AM
No conspiracy in theory
Oak Ridge, Tenn.
Joined Aug 2004
3,648 Posts
I was trying to slope the supra in 12mph winds, but couldn't!
Had adjusted the wind to hit the slope face, no good!
I must be missing something.
Mike.
skorski is offline Find More Posts by skorski
Old Feb 17, 2012, 11:59 AM
FS One
Urbana, Illinois
Joined Dec 2004
84 Posts
12 mph might not be enough for a bird that big? (What do I know, the only slopes within 200 miles of me are off-ramps...)
Old Feb 17, 2012, 03:18 PM
Sebastopol, CA
Joined May 2006
446 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skorski View Post
Mike.
Are you using the jockey's ridge site? and have slope winds selected?
IneptOne is online now Find More Posts by IneptOne
Old Feb 17, 2012, 08:25 PM
Joined May 2006
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skorski View Post
Mike.
Right. Per mention in previous post, you need to pick the wind setup that has the same name as the slope site (pano site). It's a long list ... but if you keep scrolling you'll find the winds for Jockey's Ridge, Blanca Crater and Westville. Some of those are for dynamic soaring and others are for regular front side soaring.
Tulo is offline Find More Posts by Tulo
Old Feb 17, 2012, 11:27 PM
No conspiracy in theory
Oak Ridge, Tenn.
Joined Aug 2004
3,648 Posts
Aha!!!
I'll look deeper.
Thanks.
Mike.
skorski is offline Find More Posts by skorski
Old Feb 27, 2012, 03:30 PM
Thumbflyer
Manning, AB, Canada
Joined Nov 2009
1,284 Posts
I just skimmed this entire thread, and read most if it. Went threw every page! I took a break and ordered it at around page 10. I've been flying with Phoenix for the past couple years but as I am pulled more towards planes and 3d planes to be more specific I just had to have this based on this thread. I hope all my efforts in phoenix don't go unrewarded when I maiden my 57" 3dhs extra 330 this spring! Good to hear we might get some 3dhs stuff here! One question is there a thread Where u are sharing variants and schemes somewhere or is that even possible? Mike ship it out soon and judging by what others are saying here great work! I know your likely inundated with plane requests but chalk me up for a 3dhs extra 330sc.
IEATSRT is offline Find More Posts by IEATSRT
Old Feb 28, 2012, 11:30 AM
FS One
Urbana, Illinois
Joined Dec 2004
84 Posts
Welcome, IEATSRT!
For "variants and schemes", it's possible (if a bit technical) to repaint models, if that's what you mean: http://www.fsone.com/tech_6393.php
If you mean adjusting things like powerplant, prop, CG, throws, dual rates: all that's in the sim too. Start with http://www.fsone.com/tech-faq.php , "Tech FAQ - FS One V2", section "Scaling Wizard (for airplanes)."

Manning, eh? You might be the northernmost FS One owner besides Santa Claus himself. I'm surprised you're flying anything except indoor helis!
Old Feb 28, 2012, 12:02 PM
Thumbflyer
Manning, AB, Canada
Joined Nov 2009
1,284 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by camilleg View Post
Welcome, IEATSRT!
For "variants and schemes", it's possible (if a bit technical) to repaint models, if that's what you mean: http://www.fsone.com/tech_6393.php
If you mean adjusting things like powerplant, prop, CG, throws, dual rates: all that's in the sim too. Start with http://www.fsone.com/tech-faq.php , "Tech FAQ - FS One V2", section "Scaling Wizard (for airplanes)."

Manning, eh? You might be the northernmost FS One owner besides Santa Claus himself. I'm surprised you're flying anything except indoor helis!
Thanks for the info. I guess I'm just used to Phoenix where if I create a great flying variant by adjusting various parameters or scheme by repainting I can simply zip it and upload it to a forum somewhere to share with others. They then simply have to download it to the correct folder, unzip it and then they have the variant or scheme. In essence, one person can create a great flying plane or really nice scheme and all can enjoy. I know its possible here in FSone to adjust parameters just not sure if you can then share your variant or scheme with others? Here is an example of the phoenix community.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1045667

Sanda Claus is my neighbour! Actually surprised you know where Manning is! Don't fly much in the winter so lots of sim time.
IEATSRT is offline Find More Posts by IEATSRT
Old Feb 29, 2012, 05:50 PM
FS One
Urbana, Illinois
Joined Dec 2004
84 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEATSRT View Post
...if I create a great flying variant by adjusting various parameters or scheme by repainting I can simply zip it and upload it to a forum.
You can't do that with a single mouseclick today, but let's just say that you can expect this to become easier.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 04:05 PM
Cleveland Ohio
Cleveland Ohio
Joined Jan 2006
244 Posts
supra

i am into electic gliders, td and slope. i own all the sims in an effort to find one that fits my needs. probably aerofly 5.7 has the most gliders. however i found the supra so i upgrades from v1. no, mike, i dont go into 9303 programing. i cannot get it right in you editing. am now going to try your suggestions.

i fly mode 3 (left handed). i seem to be locked in crow and wonder how to setup the slider for flight modes.

will try to keep the faith but may go back to 5.7.

nice to see more glider talk. is there a thread elsewhere?
wsnowfall is offline Find More Posts by wsnowfall