SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 08, 2012, 10:46 PM
Which way is up?
Michigan, USA
Joined Mar 2008
686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grampi View Post
I guess I did get off topic...sorry...I did get the connectors I needed though...
Good, did you get them online? Also take a look at RCBabble, sells batteries and harness's to charge multiple batteries of various types. He is on the site here.
stuball56 is offline Find More Posts by stuball56
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 08, 2012, 10:48 PM
Which way is up?
Michigan, USA
Joined Mar 2008
686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxguy1000 View Post
"Hijacking" would be a little harsh. This forum is made for those who are wanting to know more and we've always been courteous.
OK, good point.
stuball56 is offline Find More Posts by stuball56
Old Dec 09, 2012, 01:14 AM
United Kingdom, England, Kent
Joined Sep 2012
454 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuball56 View Post
What is 1C??? C'mon. Enough hijacking of this 120 SR thread. A complete and thorough Lipo battery charging education can be found in myriad places on the web. Right here on RC Groups in fact is enough information to educate yourself about the basics of (safe) battery charging and use.

And here
I'm the chief culprit. I put my hands up and apologise for my digretion. Back to our beloved 120s
SR120 fan is offline Find More Posts by SR120 fan
Old Dec 09, 2012, 08:48 AM
Joined Jan 2005
657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuball56 View Post
Good, did you get them online? Also take a look at RCBabble, sells batteries and harness's to charge multiple batteries of various types. He is on the site here.
No, I actually found them at a local hobby shop...and thanks for the info!
grampi is offline Find More Posts by grampi
Old Dec 09, 2012, 09:26 AM
Joined Jan 2005
657 Posts
I've been trying to find some Turnigy Nano-Tech 600mAh batteries, but it appears either everyone has them on backorder, or they're priced priced ridiculously high, like $8-$10 per battery. Where do you guys buy them?
Old Dec 09, 2012, 10:51 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,696 Posts
Quote:
I've been trying to find some Turnigy Nano-Tech 600mAh batteries, but it appears either everyone has them on backorder, or they're priced priced ridiculously high, like $8-$10 per battery. Where do you guys buy them?
HobbyKing and just wait until they are in stock ...
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Tools, Tools, Tools ...
Old Dec 09, 2012, 12:21 PM
Joined Jan 2005
657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
I guess...
Old Dec 09, 2012, 12:34 PM
Easy on the Sticks!
United States, WY, Crowheart
Joined Aug 2011
3,684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxguy1000 View Post
"Hijacking" would be a little harsh. This forum is made for those who are wanting to know more and we've always been courteous.
I agree. "hijacking" would be a little harsh as we do talk about all things 120SR, on this thread, including how to set up a charger for the batteries it uses, plus a few other topics also.

However, I think stuball56 has a point.

Grampi, some of the basic questions you have been asking has me concerned that you may need to study up a little, before making your own charger leads and such.

1C is a term that anyone and everyone should fully understand before attempting to modify a LiPo charger, or its leads.

1C is the recommended charge rate for the E-Flite batteries that come with the 120SR. Charging a 500mAh batt at .5 amps equals a 1C charge rate. Charging that same batt at 1 amp would be 2C. Understand? 1C is the exact same rate that you are saying is too slow for you.

I highly recommend that you take a crash course in charging LiPo batts before you get too far into your modifications. For your own safety, if nothing else.

I noticed the input specs on your charger (11v to 15v DC). Does it have an AC input also, or will you just be charging from a 12v DC source? May be a point to consider?

Also wondering if the green connector terminals on the back of the charger are labeled, and if so, what are they labeled?

BD
BattleDude is offline Find More Posts by BattleDude
Old Dec 09, 2012, 12:38 PM
United States, VT, Rutland
Joined Dec 2011
537 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
I just got a couple from the classifieds here. The NT 600s seem as good as the Hyperion 550s so far. My NTs are new, so I haven't pushed to see if the flight times can be a little longer, but they seem really good so far. Time will tell.
Brian VT is offline Find More Posts by Brian VT
Old Dec 09, 2012, 12:41 PM
Easy on the Sticks!
United States, WY, Crowheart
Joined Aug 2011
3,684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR120 fan View Post
I'm the chief culprit. I put my hands up and apologise for my digretion. Back to our beloved 120s
Yeah, your the culprit, you got me started on the atom thing, oh wait maybe it was SaxGuy, or maybe 1Pilgrim or maybe... LOL

BattleDude is offline Find More Posts by BattleDude
Old Dec 09, 2012, 12:46 PM
Epilepsy Awareness Month
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,646 Posts
Quote:
These are decent batts (i have 3) but, I'm afraid they are out of your price range.
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-R-C-1S-High-P

When it comes to batteries I don't skimp But that is me.

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Dec 09, 2012, 12:53 PM
Epilepsy Awareness Month
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,646 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleDude View Post
I agree. "hijacking" would be a little harsh as we do talk about all things 120SR, on this thread, including how to set up a charger for the batteries it uses, plus a few other topics also.

However, I think stuball56 has a point.

Grampi, some of the basic questions you have been asking has me concerned that you may need to study up a little, before making your own charger leads and such.

1C is a term that anyone and everyone should fully understand before attempting to modify a LiPo charger, or its leads.

1C is the recommended charge rate for the E-Flite batteries that come with the 120SR. Charging a 500mAh batt at .5 amps equals a 1C charge rate. Charging that same batt at 1 amp would be 2C. Understand? 1C is the exact same rate that you are saying is too slow for you.

I highly recommend that you take a crash course in charging LiPo batts before you get too far into your modifications. For your own safety, if nothing else.

I noticed the input specs on your charger (11v to 15v DC). Does it have an AC input also, or will you just be charging from a 12v DC source? May be a point to consider?

Also wondering if the green connector terminals on the back of the charger are labeled, and if so, what are they labeled?

BD

Kyle, God only knows how many times I've thrown this link out there
https://sites.google.com/site/tjingu...arging-how-tos

EVERYTHING is in there that we've been discussing. At this point I'd rather be sticking needles in my eyes

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Dec 09, 2012, 01:47 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,696 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
These are decent batts (i have 3) but, I'm afraid they are out of your price range.
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-R-C-1S-High-P

When it comes to batteries I don't skimp But that is me.

Mike.
and for the price of one of these you get 2 hyperion 550s (which are pretty decent batts too - I got 3 of those (16$ on ebay)

... just sayin` ... if budget IS an issue and you dont want to wait for HK, hyperion is a decent alternative ...

erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Tools, Tools, Tools ...
Old Dec 09, 2012, 02:24 PM
United States, NH
Joined Nov 2012
72 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
Kyle, God only knows how many times I've thrown this link out there
https://sites.google.com/site/tjingu...arging-how-tos

EVERYTHING is in there that we've been discussing. At this point I'd rather be sticking needles in my eyes

Mike.
An excellent read, I bookmarked it the last time you posted it, tons of useful/ important info in there.
DaveNH is offline Find More Posts by DaveNH
Old Dec 09, 2012, 02:28 PM
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,858 Posts
The weather is GORGEOUS in Virginia Beach!!!!
Saxguy1000 is offline Find More Posts by Saxguy1000