HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 17, 2014, 04:07 PM
Joined Apr 2013
574 Posts
Discussion
one Cell voltage meter

Ever sense I saw red sneakers 1S voltage meter I wanted to make one. I followed reds advice and went to EBay looking for a
'1s volt meter (the one I was sent was a Pollin #830 492 (Voltmeter für LiPo/LiIon/LiFe-Akkus AVM-1/6S) also look at eBay under 1S-6S RC Lipo Battery Voltage)'.

That's almost correct. I ordered one from EBay and the auction said 1S to 6S voltage meter. I ordered it. also ordered the battery connector & servo connector. Soldered them together and waited for the mailman to bring the meter. When it got here it didn't work? I checked my soldering with a volt OHM meter. all was good. checked the battery - it was good? Turns out not all the meters do one cell. I contacted the EBay seller and he said 'oops'. It's a 2S through 6S. Does not do 1S. He went out to his auctions and corrected the description. He also offered a refund which I didn't do. So be careful. I found another EBay seller. asked if it for sure did one cell. He assured me it would. I ordered it. when it arrived and checked some batteries and sure enough - it works.

So the meter on the right does not do one cell. The meter on the left will do one cell.

The meter that worked said 'battery cell 1S~6S on one side.
pjdog350 is offline Find More Posts by pjdog350
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by pjdog350; May 17, 2014 at 04:32 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 18, 2014, 09:21 PM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Mar 2014
434 Posts
where did you get your 1s meter from?
clayton4115 is offline Find More Posts by clayton4115
Old May 19, 2014, 02:59 AM
Joined Apr 2013
574 Posts
Howdy Clayton.

Here's the link.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1S-6S-1-6S-R...item5660dbdd06

When I saw your post I went to my EBay account and then realized I had cleaned it up last night. Had a hard time finding it. But EBay remembers stuff. when I searched EBay had it highlighted for me. And I remember the seller through feedback. Good luck with it.

When you find it. See the picture of the meter. You will see on the side where it says 1s to 6s. That's important. The first one I got said the same thing in the auction title however when I tried to hook it up it would not read one cell. After contacting the seller. He apologized and offer a refund. He also changed his auction title.

This little thing works very well. I did change the end of the wire harness. Red showed using a Futabe plug. However while trying to get the first meter to work I had soldered a three cell Lipo balance plug to the Park Flyer battery plug. I didn't change it back. I like the three cell balance plug. I had that from an old tired Lipo that had pooped out and I put the old Lipo in salt water for a month to kill it. Then cut the plugs off for future use.

An old friend (Tombo242) had taught me never throw away anything that may have a future use. The old three cell balance plug came in handy.

jack

PS: How are things down under?
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: GoPro videos of my UMX WarBirds
Old May 22, 2014, 08:21 PM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Mar 2014
434 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjdog350 View Post
Howdy Clayton.

Here's the link.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1S-6S-1-6S-R...item5660dbdd06

When I saw your post I went to my EBay account and then realized I had cleaned it up last night. Had a hard time finding it. But EBay remembers stuff. when I searched EBay had it highlighted for me. And I remember the seller through feedback. Good luck with it.

When you find it. See the picture of the meter. You will see on the side where it says 1s to 6s. That's important. The first one I got said the same thing in the auction title however when I tried to hook it up it would not read one cell. After contacting the seller. He apologized and offer a refund. He also changed his auction title.

This little thing works very well. I did change the end of the wire harness. Red showed using a Futabe plug. However while trying to get the first meter to work I had soldered a three cell Lipo balance plug to the Park Flyer battery plug. I didn't change it back. I like the three cell balance plug. I had that from an old tired Lipo that had pooped out and I put the old Lipo in salt water for a month to kill it. Then cut the plugs off for future use.

An old friend (Tombo242) had taught me never throw away anything that may have a future use. The old three cell balance plug came in handy.

jack

PS: How are things down under?
thanks Jack will look into it, weather very good this week for RC flying
Old May 22, 2014, 08:24 PM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Mar 2014
434 Posts
does not ship to Australia

Old May 23, 2014, 09:40 AM
Joined Apr 2013
574 Posts
Clayton:

I ship to Australia.

Want me to get you one and send it to you? Along with the plugs.
I'd need your address?

jack
RCG Plus Member
Old May 23, 2014, 05:00 PM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Mar 2014
434 Posts
thanks Jack i will send you a PM
Old May 29, 2014, 08:57 AM
Joined Apr 2013
574 Posts
Made a little wiring harness for the 1S battery meter. Still waiting for the meters. I ordered two?

jack
RCG Plus Member
Old May 29, 2014, 09:44 AM
Little Rock Regional, Arkansas, United States
Joined Sep 2002
4,585 Posts
Great meter.

I have ordered three. One of for me and then friends said HEY !!!. So two more. Great little meter. Great for the UMX Radian. I put a male JST on the female white mini connector. My other meter like the other will not do 1 cell. Highly recommended. And it's so expensive....

Stringfly <>++++
STRINGFLY is offline Find More Posts by STRINGFLY